Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 8/28/2003 5:26:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

[QUOTE]A visit to either Battlefront.com (http://www.battlefront.com/index.htm)or HPS (http://www.hpssims.com/) will reveal that both of these *successful* online retailers will ship anywhere in the USA for about $7-8, to Canada for about a buck more and to the rest of the world for about $11.[/QUOTE]

Our shipping and handling is $8.95 and you get a trackable shipment that protects both us and you. We also offer phone orders that neither battlefront or HPS offer as far as we can tell. We also offer our products through retail which HPS does not do. Or you can get them through online distributors. So you have a full range of choices to get our games. At retail with no shipping, via a local distributor with lower shipping, or direct through us.

[QUOTE]Furthermore, both of these companies have their various shipping costs clearly stated *before* you get to check out, unlike this place. Here, you don't find out about the $66 shipping cost to your hut in Botswana, Africa until you get to the cash register.[/QUOTE]

Actually its battlefornt that doesn't calculate your shipping charge until you "proceed to check out". If you hit "Africa" in the calculate your shipping section of "your shopping cart" you will see the 65.95 cost of shipping before you even check out.

USPS only gets the package to the country, the local postal system takes it from there. A guy in a UPS truck delievers our package to your hut in Botswana. And you can track it if it doesn't show up. How often do Botswanan mail carriers visit your hut? And if it never shows up? Hopefully you used one of those platinum cards that eat the chargeback...

Your implication that you don't see the shipping cost until AFTER you check out is simply untrue. You see it and can choose among options right from the shopping cart before you even get to the screen that asks for your credit card.

If you want to bitch - feel free. But please don't misrepresent our operation in doing so.

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 1
- 8/28/2003 11:52:10 AM   
StrategyCat

[QUOTE=Marc Schwanebeck]We´re not screwing anybody here.[/QUOTE]

I didn't say you were. What I wrote was: [QUOTE]and not come off as screwing their customers[/QUOTE]

come off = appear to = look like = give the impression, etc., etc.

[QUOTE=Paul Vebber]Our shipping and handling is $8.95 and you get a trackable shipment that protects both us and you.[/QUOTE]

USPS would probably be cheaper and they also offer package tracking. I had this discussion over the weekend with David Heath who claimed that the USPS does not offer tracking. Apparently, he hasn't been to the post office in a couple of years.
Here's the front page to their website, which clearly has a 'Track& Confirm' option: http://www.usps.com/welcome.htm?from=global&page=0001home2

[QUOTE]We also offer phone orders that neither battlefront or HPS offer as far as we can tell.[/QUOTE]

I can't tell if Battlefront does (it does't look like it), but HPS does, although it's not toll free (big deal).

[QUOTE]We also offer our products through retail which HPS does not do.[/QUOTE]

Granted, but we're not discussing retail. We are discussing your charging exorbitant shipping fees to those customers who are gracious enough to buy directly from you in order to support you better.

[QUOTE]Actually its battlefornt that doesn't calculate your shipping charge until you "proceed to check out". [/QUOTE]

At the bottom of their products page it says 'Review our Ordering Options and Sales Policy Page', which is a link to a page that details shipping charges. Yes, it's in small print, but it's there. Customers can view that page and see their shipping cost *before* choosing which products to buy and long before they get to the check out counter.
HPS of course clearly lists their shipping charges at the very top of the purchasing page. Once again, customers can see their shipping costs before they decide what or if to buy.

[QUOTE]USPS only gets the package to the country, the local postal system takes it from there.[/QUOTE]

So? What's your point? I'm aware that many foreign postal services have theft problems, but once again, it should be the customers choice to use it or not.

[QUOTE]Your implication that you don't see the shipping cost until AFTER you check out is simply untrue.[/QUOTE]

I never implied that, and to think anyone would is absurd. Of course shipping charges are not revealed only after checkout, as that would be nothing short of fraud. What I wrote was: [QUOTE]Here, you don't find out about the $66 shipping cost to your hut in Botswana, Africa until you get to the cash register.[/QUOTE]

"...until you get to the cash register..." not after you check out.

[QUOTE]You see it and can choose among options right from the shopping cart before you even get to the screen that asks for your credit card.[/QUOTE]

Options? What options? People overseas *have no* options. They are forced to ship with FedEx and pay an exorbitant rate. I went through all the continents the other day and I don't remember there being a single one (other than USA domestic and Canada) that offers any "options".
Lets forget about Botswana and look at Europe. How many shipping options are there for Europe? Answer: One, FedEx at $43.

[QUOTE]If you want to bitch - feel free. But please don't misrepresent our operation in doing so.[/QUOTE]

I haven't misrepresented anything. It is you who is misquoting me and thereby misrepresenting what I wrote.

OK, enough of this. You folks are set in your ways and that's that. In my opinion, if SSG were smart they'd sell their games themselves, just like BFC and HPS are doing.

StrategyCat
-Any country that just rolls over and lets its president die like a dog in the street deserves all the Bushes it gets-

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote