Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Another March to the East

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Another March to the East Page: <<   < prev  11 12 13 14 [15]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Another March to the East - 6/5/2021 11:20:04 AM   
carlkay58

That is actually quite common with the AI unfortunately. I know they have been trying to improve its handling of troop assignments but it seems to be hard to do with the 'teleport' function.

(in reply to M60A3TTS)
Post #: 421
RE: Another March to the East - 6/13/2021 5:13:28 AM   
warspite1

Hi carlkay58. The picture below is from your post 63. I'm not getting the rail repair malarchy for some reason.

Can you explain what you've done here and why? It looks like you have rail repair units of differing sizes attached to 16th and 18th Army. Any commentary on this would be most welcome. Thanks.

Attachment (1)

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to carlkay58)
Post #: 422
RE: Another March to the East - 6/13/2021 9:53:22 AM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Hi carlkay58. The picture below is from your post 63. I'm not getting the rail repair malarchy for some reason.

Can you explain what you've done here and why? It looks like you have rail repair units of differing sizes attached to 16th and 18th Army. Any commentary on this would be most welcome. Thanks.
....]

I don't think the unit at the top is a rail repair unit, it looks like a normal construction formation to me (just going off the notional size)

broadly there are two strategies to using the auto-repair formations in the early game.

If you assign them to a corps HQ, they can only repair up to 5 hexes from that HQ, while this is clearly a constraint its a good one. As you'll have seen you get a patch work in the Baltic of repaired and broken rail hexes and these can do a decent job on patching them together.

So a lot of players keep a couple in the AGS sector and start with most of them in the Baltic.

Their range relates to the type of HQ, so an army can send them out over 15, an army group over 45 (if I recall). Over time I tend to push them up the command scale as they then create useful secondary branches - here its a case of setting things up for 1942 when a fairly full rail network is useful rather than the W-E layout that is typical in 1941

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 423
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 13 14 [15]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Another March to the East Page: <<   < prev  11 12 13 14 [15]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI