Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub Page: <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/7/2021 8:48:37 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 8 End of Turn (Real Turn)

Kiev

I believe I should be able to keep the 7 surrounded Rifle division circled in Red surrounded till next turn. We shall see what is done there. Soviets staying close I like :)

Secondly, circled in orange looks to be 4 Rifle Divisions ZOC locked. With one other that should have no problem moving. To get out they will have to go through the ZOC's or either make retreat the German Cav Division and GrossDeutchland to the south &/or The Brigade & Regiment sitting on the other side of the major river. Either way will require expenditure of more units to rescue them. Will see what the Soviet do here since to the North near Gomel there are no Soviets in sight. Again, a calculated risk & recon showed nothing.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to HardLuckYetAgain)
Post #: 451
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/7/2021 8:55:03 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Gomel

No Soviet in sight to the east of Gomel

Attachment (1)

Post #: 452
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/7/2021 9:01:51 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Southeast of Smolensk

Was able to fully surround the 3 infantry division this turn & also pick up one of the 2 Cav divisions. So far 10 Inf Divisions & 1 Cav are in pockets at the end of turn for a running total.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 453
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/7/2021 9:09:26 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Near Moscow

There are 2 Cav Divisions and one other unknown unit in Vyazma. My front forward hexes are showing 40 defense & most of the my defending divisions are rested divisions.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 454
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/7/2021 9:12:47 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Near Moscow

I moved 10 Divisions and a regiment next to Vyazma & still can't tell What-The-F*ck the 3rd unit was. Seriously? My German soldiers are blind in their right eye and can't see out of their left. all 10 Divisions and regiment will be sent for eye exams. Sheshhhh, f-ing nuts.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 9/7/2021 9:14:03 PM >

Post #: 455
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/7/2021 9:18:14 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Near Rzhev

Southwest of Rzhev I added a Cav to the 2 Inf Divisions that Jubjub was able to open the pocket. This brings my total to 12 Inf Divisions & 4 Cav Divisions surrounded for the turn so far.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 456
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/7/2021 9:19:00 PM   
Rosencrantus

quote:

ORIGINAL: HardLuckYetAgain

Near Moscow

There are 2 Cav Divisions and one other unknown unit in Vyazma. My front forward hexes are showing 40 defense & most of the my defending divisions are rested divisions.

To be honest, I would say encircling Moscow is already a huge victory. Removing the NSS status from Moscow weakens the logistical base for any subsequent Soviet offensive. But T8 and already about 10 hexes from the capital, well done. You think you can actually manage to cut-off Moscow before the heavy rain? Those heavy woods look like it might take a while to get past.

Post #: 457
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/7/2021 9:33:20 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rosencrantus

quote:

Near Moscow

To be honest, I would say encircling Moscow is already a huge victory. Removing the NSS status from Moscow weakens the logistical base for any subsequent Soviet offensive. But T8 and already about 10 hexes from the capital, well done. You think you can actually manage to cut-off Moscow before the heavy rain? Those heavy woods look like it might take a while to get past.

Heavy woods are not the problem. The Soviet reinforcements are the problem. Jubjub is playing the delaying game by retreating in front of Moscow He may have a turn, two turns at most, of still retreating here to buy some time for reinforcements to arrive. Which turn 10 I estimate to be the one with the most reinforcements. That is why every turn I attack every Soviet unit I am next to to inflict losses.

OH, forgot. Not only do you kill the NSS you also kill every single one of those factories that "cannot" move. That means less IL2's for 2 of them among others.

Like I said in the past Moscow should be priority #1

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 9/7/2021 9:43:35 PM >

(in reply to Rosencrantus)
Post #: 458
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/7/2021 9:46:54 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Near Cherkassy

Able to get next to Cherkassy

Attachment (1)

Post #: 459
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/7/2021 9:53:25 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Near Nikolaev

Of course I have 2 more Soviet CAV here that are surrounded.

Total Surrounded

12 Inf Divisions
6 CAV Divisions
1 unknown in Vyazma

Also of note 3 Inf Divisions ZoC locked.

If all pockets hold should be about 100,000 - 120,000 prisoners (low estimate if low TOE but they have not been so far this game). So when people say that it is easy to get surrounded Soviets I kind of chuckle on the inside. I had to work my azz off for these and not even 100% certain the pockets will hold on all of them. At least it makes the game interesting.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 9/7/2021 9:55:13 PM >

Post #: 460
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/7/2021 9:57:56 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Air Losses

Attachment (1)

Post #: 461
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/7/2021 10:02:07 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Ground Losses

134,977... Still not high enough for me :( Will get higher when the Soviets run out of land in front of Moscow.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 462
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/7/2021 10:04:36 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

OOB

Trying to keep the Soviet OOB below 3,000,000 is like pulling hens teeth.... You just can't do it. Not for long that is for sure.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 463
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/11/2021 2:58:00 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 9 Beginning of Turn

Real Turn updates when they happen (even my opponent can see them (if they want to look and are free to use them to their benefit))

Weather!!!

Attachment (1)

Post #: 464
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/11/2021 2:58:30 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 9 Beginning of Turn

Real Turn updates when they happen (even my opponent can see them (if they want to look and are free to use them to their benefit))

Events!!!

Attachment (1)

Post #: 465
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/11/2021 3:06:26 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 9 Beginning of Turn

Soviet Garrison for the turn

I sent even more men, planes, artillery, engineers, construction, flak to the Soviet Garrison which should show up next turn. I am playing this way off the cuff but hey, "why not" :)

Attachment (1)

Post #: 466
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/11/2021 3:10:29 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 9 Beginning of Turn

Soviet Garrison units

Attachment (1)

Post #: 467
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/11/2021 3:13:33 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 9 Beginning of Turn

Soviet Garrison Air

Please note that I can send the Air plane back to the Axis Reserve but not to the Map. And when the Minor nations are in Axis Reserve you can only send them to the Soviet Garrison. So don't be like me and send Minor nations are to Reserve only to be locked into an infinite loop between Axis reserve and Soviet Garrison :( Unless I am doing something wrong here. If I am someone help me out.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 468
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/11/2021 3:26:04 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 9 Beginning of Turn

TB boxes looking good. Will work a bit on the ones in yellow this turn.

So far my guess of having certain type of planes as being counted seems to be correct. Not what type of plane. i.e. ME109 vs BF110 replacement. Seems BF110 counted fine as the replacement thus keeping the BF109's in Russia. Will keep an eye on it still since the combat for Air is still "very low".

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 9/11/2021 3:29:03 AM >

Post #: 469
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/11/2021 3:41:24 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 9 Beginning of Turn

Nikolaev pocket holds. Two Cav to POW camps circled in orange when the ground phase comes.

Soviet attack on 2 Rumanian Division and a Rumanian Regiment holds. Yes, I have German leaders for Rumanian Divisions. So far it is working out decently. I sent the Rumanian HQ's to Soviet Garrison with a number of Rumanian Divisions which show up next turn.

Interesting defense circled in blue. Dangerous for those units but interesting. Dangerous as they can be retreated backwards towards my line for a surround attempt. Will recon area to see what else there is here.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 9/11/2021 5:42:04 AM >

Post #: 470
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/11/2021 3:56:53 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 9 Beginning of Turn

Krivai Rog

Is there a hole in the Soviet Line here circled in Orange???? I don't think so but will recon the area. Although the next slide you are about to see would tell me there is a hole or very lightly held on this line circled in orange. The Soviet attacked in Mass above Krivai Rog so I am going to say this is very lightly held. Just from my experience in the game. Anyway, I have snuck the Rumanian Armor and 2 Hungarian Mech brigades into the area. Don't believe these units were seen. Hope not :-)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 9/11/2021 3:59:11 AM >

Post #: 471
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/11/2021 4:10:28 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 9 Beginning of Turn

Battles near Kirovograd

I have my reserves all set up! Ready to go... But none of them reacted to the two battles :( Disheartening. Must have been the overwhelming force of the battle. Or they needed to be in division form although Regiment should have fired off quicker.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 472
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/11/2021 4:12:33 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 9 Beginning of Turn

Battles near Kirovograd

All units in reserve were in fine shape (granted this is the next turn with 100 CCP but these units only moved a few hexes. Oh well, bad dice rolls on my part. Anyway on to the two battles the Soviets fought.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 473
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/11/2021 4:14:28 AM   
jubjub

quote:

Turn 9 Beginning of Turn

Battles near Kirovograd

I have my reserves all set up! Ready to go... But none of them reacted to the two battles :( Disheartening. Must have been the overwhelming force of the battle. Or they needed to be in division form although Regiment should have fired off quicker.

Before attacking, I put motorized divisions behind them to prevent reserve reactions, since reserves won't activate through a ZOC.

Post #: 474
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/11/2021 4:19:30 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 9 Beginning of Turn

Battles near Kirovograd 1st battle hex

Soviets overwhelm my Inf division and Rumanian Brigade. They run for the heavy forest from crazy Ivan. I lose almost 9.42% of my force in losses compared to 1.82% of the Soviet Force. Ouch that hurt.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 475
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/11/2021 4:28:26 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 9 Beginning of Turn

Battles near Kirovograd 2nd battle hex

Again, I get thrown back in force after being bombed 3 times in the hex before the attack. None of the bombings were intercepted but I did get an interception on the 1st battle. They have been rare interceptions so far tied to supply it looks like.

Looks like the setup that M60 uses. Curious who the Front commander the Soviets put in charge here. Doesn't matter since it is probably maxxed out I would think.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 476
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/11/2021 4:32:16 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 9 Beginning of Turn

Battles near Kirovograd

Overall great attacks by the Soviets. BUT this tank division is over overextended. Going to try and nab it for the POW camps marked in blue :-) I love CAKE.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 477
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/11/2021 4:35:00 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: jubjub

quote:

Turn 9 Beginning of Turn

Battles near Kirovograd

Before attacking, I put motorized divisions behind them to prevent reserve reactions, since reserves won't activate through a ZOC.

They will activate through ZOC if they have sufficient MP's to do so. But yeah that makes perfect sense.

(in reply to jubjub)
Post #: 478
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/11/2021 4:45:17 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: jubjub

quote:

Turn 9 Beginning of Turn

Battles near Kirovograd

They will activate through ZOC if they have sufficient MP's to do so. But yeah that makes perfect sense.

This is the rule I base it on bracketed in orange. Thus a PZ or Moto would have made it if enough MP's. Unless someone for 100% knows that a ZOC will block it. I could be totally wrong here.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 479
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/11/2021 5:02:35 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 9 Beginning of Turn

Kiev

Full scale Soviet retreat from Kiev Area. All pockets hold marked in orange. I think I will give chase, marked in green this time knowing that the center at Gomel is vacant of Soviets. Thus the Soviet forces that just attacked are going to have to choose South or North. Or bring in more reserves which the Soviets still have over 200,000.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 480
Page:   <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub Page: <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI