Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub Page: <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/12/2021 2:55:23 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 9 Live turn updates

Ground Phase

The Soviet Tank Division retreats to the Southwest as hoped for. But still not where I need it. Will attack the Tank Division one more time to get it to retreat directly to the west.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to HardLuckYetAgain)
Post #: 511
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/12/2021 2:58:10 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 9 Live turn updates

Ground Phase

15 Tank Division is retreated to the West. Will finish off the rest of the moves to have this surrounded properly later in the turn making notes of which units I have for this.

I have two Tank Divisions & an Infantry division so far for next turn's POW camps. The Tank Divisions are very nice to have for the trucks :)

Attachment (1)

Post #: 512
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/12/2021 2:59:44 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 9 Live turn updates

Ground Phase

The Airborne Division shatters.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 513
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/12/2021 3:15:51 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 9 Live turn updates

Ground Phase

I go ahead and eliminate all pockets from last turn. 156,338 prisoners. Had to work really hard to get that many and I fear this will probably be the last big haul of POW's before winter. Total losses should go into the 200,000's this turn but I don't think I will hit 2,000,000 total. Will see with the rest of the turn how it goes.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 9/12/2021 4:24:54 PM >

Post #: 514
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/12/2021 4:31:26 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 9 Live turn updates

Ground phase

I was looking at the Soviet attack in the south and decided I need more time to think on what to do. Thus I move to the Moscow area which is a bit easier than in the South at the moment.

In the Moscow area we have entered the grinding phase. Currently my PZ's Divisions are resting which is the 2nd turn so far. They will continue to rest unless I absolutely need them here. But really would only reluctantly use them since the tank losses would be through the roof. NOW on the other hand I am hoping the Soviet player has his tank divisions on reserve activation to destroy their tanks just like I mentioned earlier in this AAR. Thus almost all of my attacks will be deliberate unless I think I can move the hex otherwise.

First deliberate attack across minor river has the desired effect of mass losses.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 515
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/12/2021 4:36:36 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 9 Live turn update

Ground Phase

I move the 292 Inf Division to the swamp & bring up three divisions to deliberate attack the hex to the NW of last attacked hex. Model leads the charge & a Soviet Tank Division and Rifle Division reserve activates. Soviets retreat and lose almost 1/2 of their tanks and 4,235 more men.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 516
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/12/2021 4:40:03 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 9 Live turn update

Ground Phase

I try and sneak in a hasty attack on the Cav Division. No luck with Bagramyan sending in the 248 Rifle Div to save the day. Will try the hex again in a bit after I figure out my new attack sequence :(

Hasty's can get eaten up by reserve activations. I have a "hate/love" relationship with hasty attacks.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 517
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/12/2021 4:44:42 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 9 Live turn update

Ground phase

I do a deliberate attack with a German regiment. Very risky since every Tom, Dick, and Harry is on Reserve activation on the front. But I chance it since I have been beating up on CAV divisions for many turns now. The attack pays off as the CAV division shatters.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 518
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/12/2021 4:49:37 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 9 Live turn update

Ground phase

I said F-it and sent Totenkoph in a hasty attack on the pesky 50th Cav Division. Soviet 50th Cav routed away.

At this point I have to mow the darn grass so my wife will shut up about it. Shesh women can be very persistent. I don't think she realizes I am trying to fight a war here.

****NOTE: You will notice I am not running Ground Support in the Moscow area. I am building up supply. Or at least I think I am ;-)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 9/12/2021 4:58:47 PM >

Post #: 519
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/12/2021 6:57:28 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 9 Live turn update

Ground Phase

On turn 10 I will go over my supply network in detail.

I am back from mowing the darn grass and weed-eating. The wife is sedated at the moment so I can get back to the war!

I move three Divisions forward and will be doing a deliberate attack. Knowing Bagramyan is on this part of the front I can almost guarantee I will see more reserve activations. My plan is to just wear his front line units and his reserves down over the coming turns to take it to a crescendo and hopefully ride the ride down hill when the crescendo breaks. I have my doubts because of the re-enforcements but I am already on this train full steam ahead.

I stuff the divisions with AT units (which I don't have a lot) and flak and other misc SU's for the coming fight. Here goes...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 9/12/2021 6:58:02 PM >

Post #: 520
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/12/2021 7:02:58 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 9 Live turn update

Ground Phase

YUP! Another Reserve activation. Not many men losses but tank losses are almost 1/2. Also notice the 2nd Naval brigade attached to 310 Rifle Division O.O Damn........

The 310 Rifle Div retreats to the Southeast.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 521
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/12/2021 7:19:57 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 9 Live turn update

Ground Phase

I move 7th Inf Div below hex before attack. I also move 900 Lehr above the hex I am attacking. This way I have ZOC's into the retreat path if the unit retreats. I have tested this many times in practice games and it does seem to make a difference so I try and do it as much as possible.

I add a 2nd Flammpanzer Battalion to DAS Reich for added effect. Manstein attacks and is not playing around devastating over 1/2 the manpower of 134th Rifle Division and way over 1/2 the guns involved in the fight.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 522
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/12/2021 7:34:47 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 9 Live turn update

Ground Phase

I move up 3 Inf Divisions in 4th army shown in orange. I will be attacking the Soviet Inf shown in red.

PZ's are all resting so it is all about grinding. This game I made leadership changes which I normally don't, just an FYI.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 523
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/12/2021 7:37:25 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 9 Live turn update

Ground Phase

Heinrici isn't playing around either. Heinrici pretty much almost blows the 8th Moscow Militia Rifle Division away for 27 men and 3 guns. Damn Heinrici must be pissed from all the Soviet bombing in the Heavy woods.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 524
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/12/2021 7:47:46 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 9 Live turn update

Ground Phase

Current running total of losses in which I will be able to hit the 2,000,000 mark this turn. BUT my wife wants me to go grocery shopping now. #*@*#*!*!*#(!*#(!!!!!!! Like WTF over. I will be back in a bit.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 525
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/13/2021 12:10:57 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 9 Live turn update

Ground Phase

I commit a rested PZ Div to assist 2 inf Div in a hasty attack to the west ot Kaluga. Of course there is a reserve activation and thank goodness it was only an Airborne Brigade. The 153 Rifle division retreats east in good order.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 526
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/13/2021 12:14:47 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 9 Live turn update

Ground Phase

I follow up the attack with another rested PZ Div and a Moto Division to hasty attack the just now retreated 153 Rifle Division. I get a route shown with the blue arrow.

I had to think a long time on this to commit 2 rested PZ Div's here. I decide that time is short and they were rested enough.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 527
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/13/2021 12:17:15 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 9 Live turn update

Ground Phase

I move forward two more German Inf and attack the Heavy forest area with Rendulic. I get a retreat.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 528
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/13/2021 12:19:16 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 9 Live turn update

Ground Phase

Totenkopf occupies the Heavy woods hex.

I see there is no level fortification where the 248 Rifle division retreated to, nice. I am sure there is already a mass of fortification built for our WWI battles at Moscow.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 9/13/2021 12:21:20 AM >

Post #: 529
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/14/2021 3:36:38 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Sorry for the delay. I have had to do a plethora of family things the last few days and will have updates this afternoon once my son & daughters leave.

Post #: 530
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/14/2021 4:33:01 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 9

Ground Phase

The show must go on. I turn my focus to the Soviet offense in the South. I head straight into the whirlwind and attack with two Regiments full CCP to Deliberate attack the Soviet Division. Retribution is coming as I turn on Ground support and force a retreat.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 531
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/14/2021 4:38:30 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 9

Ground Phase

We continue the show by hasty attacking the 267 Rifle Division. Based on my calculation most units here moved and were involved in the attacks. I don't believe reserve activation is highly likely as in the north around Moscow where the Soviets were well rested and waiting. I chance a hasty here and leave ground support on. Get another retreat and some nice air loses. Which Soviet division is next on my list of prey...

Attachment (1)

Post #: 532
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/14/2021 4:42:48 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 9

Ground Phase

12th Tank Division is our next Soviet Division marked as "prey". This division I am going to try and make POW's next turn and thus need to move it two hexes. This division also didn't participate in the attacks so should be nice and strong unit. I bring up 3 German units for the attack to have it retreat to the blue hex. If it retreats to the blue X all the better!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 9/14/2021 4:43:48 PM >

Post #: 533
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/14/2021 4:49:41 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 9

Ground Phase

I hasty attack wit & leave Air support on. The Tank Division is one hex closer to the POW camps. The 12 Tank Division is a good size unit from the looks of it & hopefully lots of trucks! Again nice Air loses. One more hex to go but will be doing other attacks first.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 534
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/14/2021 4:54:03 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 9

Ground Phase

Into the Whirlwind continues as I bring up 13th, 14th, and Wiking and Hasty attack 151 Rifle Division and 81 Mech & get a retreat and a route on the Mech.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 535
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/14/2021 5:00:09 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 9

Ground Phase

I bring up two Inf Divisions and hasty attack again along with GS on. Get another nice retreat result. Have some nice ZOC's starting now on those Soviets. Plus I am threatening North of here and this seems to be the only concentration of Soviets this part of the map. Although there is still 200,000ish Soviets in Reserve :(

Now to work on the rest of the Soviet attack force :)

Attachment (1)

Post #: 536
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/14/2021 5:21:08 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 9

Ground Phase

Taking a break from looking at attacks I move to stay in contact with the fast moving Soviet retreat from the Kiev area. The Soviet attack Concentration is to the South and I plan on holding those attack forces up as much as possible. This area looking sparsely held. The area in front of Zap and Dnep is sparsley held..... hmmmmmm :-)

Attachment (1)

Post #: 537
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/14/2021 5:25:37 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 9

Ground Phase

Going to go ahead and finish out the turn and post end of turn information. Unless people like the play-by-play still for the rest of my attacks. Just let me know.

Post #: 538
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/14/2021 6:00:26 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 9 Live turn update

Ground phase

Another CAV DIV shatters

Attachment (1)

Post #: 539
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 9/14/2021 6:03:49 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 9 Live turn update

Ground Phase

17 CAV Divisions total to date lost. Hmmmmmm

The CAV Div's have been the sacrificial lambs so far for the Soviets.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 540
Page:   <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub Page: <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI