Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Update: WAR IN THE EAST2 IMAGE LIBRARY (2,326 images) - VER. 1.02.13

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Update: WAR IN THE EAST2 IMAGE LIBRARY (2,326 images) - VER. 1.02.13 Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Update: WAR IN THE EAST2 IMAGE LIBRARY (2,326 images) -... - 8/29/2021 9:29:24 PM   
cblattmann

The WITE2 Image Library has been updated to version 01.02.13. The following changes have been made in accordance with the change history PDF:
* Added Minor Axis Powers Croatia leader images
* Added Polish and Yugoslav leader images
* Added UK RAF leader images

A total of 34 new images were added. This version is compatible with new hot-fix version 01.02.14 and beta version 01.02.15 since no changes to WITE2 images were made.

This mod contains 2,326 leader, ground and air element images for all elements of both the Soviet and Axis nations. These images will replace your standard images. Germany has two flag options - one with the black, white and red German colors and one set with the historical flag. In addition Germany has two branch leader designators. One set is for the SS. The other one is for the Luftwaffe.

War in the East 2 Image Library - German Colors (Ver. 01.02.13)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/il585v9k8ebmlwv/WAR%20IN%20THE%20EAST2%20IMAGE%20LIBRARY%20-%20GERMAN%20COLORS%20V1.02.13.zip?dl=0

War in the East 2 Image Library - Historical Flag (Ver. 01.02.13)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5aq1hjfg2o11hz7/WAR%20IN%20THE%20EAST2%20IMAGE%20LIBRARY%20-%20HISTORICAL%20FLAG%20V1.02.13.zip?dl=0

SS Designator Leader Package (Ver. 01.02.13)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k630qrno63iaj9y/WAR%20IN%20THE%20EAST2%20IMAGE%20LIBRARY%20-%20SS%20V1.02.13.zip?dl=0

Luftwaffe Designator Leader Package (Ver. 01.02.13)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4eeo9nh5d4cwzd4/WAR%20IN%20THE%20EAST2%20IMAGE%20LIBRARY%20-%20LUFTWAFFE%20V1.02.13.zip?dl=0

Be sure to backup your your 'photo' folder before copying the images in this mod in the 'photo' folder!

Some installation notes (taken from a response of mine in this thread)

I provided different folders because I wanted to give people options on what to install. The two folders "War in the East 2 Image Library - German Colors" and "War in the East 2 Image Library - Historical Flag" are the two main base image folders.

1. Find the photo folder in your installation folder. Relative non Steam installation path: “Matrix Games\Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2\Dat\Art\photo”.
2. Be sure to backup your your 'photo' folder before copying the images in this mod in the 'photo' folder.
3. Choose one of the two main base images folders depending on what you want. Copy all BMP images in the "War in the East 2 Image Library - German Colors" folder into the “photo” directory (if you want to play with the black, white and red German color flag) OR copy all the BMP images in the "War in the East 2 Image Library - Historical Flag" folder into the “photo” directory (if you want to play with images that have the Historical flag). It is either or.
4. Once one set of the main base images has been copied into the photo folder, copy the BMP images in the "War in the East 2 Image Library - SS” folder into the “photo” folder if you want the leader images with the SS branch designators. Then copy the BMP images in the "War in the East 2 Image Library - Luftwaffe” folder into the “photo” folder if you want the leader images with the Luftwaffe branch designators. These images will replace the images with the selected base flag.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by cblattmann -- 1/20/2022 11:33:05 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: WAR IN THE EAST2 IMAGE LIBRARY - VER. 1.0 - 8/30/2021 8:03:07 AM   
battlefield91

Looks awesome! Thank you!

(in reply to cblattmann)
Post #: 2
RE: WAR IN THE EAST2 IMAGE LIBRARY - VER. 1.0 - 8/30/2021 6:28:52 PM   
StratmanWITX

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Stratman

(in reply to battlefield91)
Post #: 3
RE: WAR IN THE EAST2 IMAGE LIBRARY - VER. 1.0 - 8/30/2021 8:44:08 PM   
Naughteous Maximus

WOW! Fantastic work!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to StratmanWITX)
Post #: 4
RE: WAR IN THE EAST2 IMAGE LIBRARY - VER. 1.0 - 9/4/2021 2:57:43 AM   
Lurberri

Thank you, it is very complete. I love it.

(in reply to Naughteous Maximus)
Post #: 5
RE: WAR IN THE EAST2 IMAGE LIBRARY - VER. 1.0 - 10/11/2021 2:08:15 PM   
OnWargaming

Another wonderful mod, many thanks!

(in reply to Lurberri)
Post #: 6
RE: WAR IN THE EAST2 IMAGE LIBRARY - VER. 1.0 - 11/1/2021 6:58:49 PM   
panzer51

Hi do you have a template? I have some pictures I would like to add to my game. Thanks.

(in reply to OnWargaming)
Post #: 7
RE: WAR IN THE EAST2 IMAGE LIBRARY - VER. 1.0 - 11/2/2021 12:12:11 AM   
cblattmann

Panzer51, it is a photoshop file. I use the current Adobe CC suite. You might now have access to that. So I could give it to you as a PNG or a TIFF that you could place above the image before saving it out. Do you have leader or an equipment images? And what nation is it for?

(in reply to panzer51)
Post #: 8
RE: WAR IN THE EAST2 IMAGE LIBRARY - VER. 1.0 - 11/2/2021 4:12:26 AM   
panzer51

quote:

ORIGINAL: cblattmann

Panzer51, it is a photoshop file. I use the current Adobe CC suite. You might now have access to that. So I could give it to you as a PNG or a TIFF that you could place above the image before saving it out. Do you have leader or an equipment images? And what nation is it for?

I don't have Photoshop, so any png file will probably work. I am adding mostly equipment for Axis minors. Currently working on Romania and some German exotic conversions.

< Message edited by panzer51 -- 11/2/2021 4:21:21 AM >

(in reply to cblattmann)
Post #: 9
RE: WAR IN THE EAST2 IMAGE LIBRARY - VER. 1.0 - 11/2/2021 5:21:41 AM   
Dreamslayer

Slovakian and Rumanian flags on the first picture. Are its correct?

(in reply to panzer51)
Post #: 10
RE: WAR IN THE EAST2 IMAGE LIBRARY - VER. 1.0 - 11/4/2021 5:00:42 AM   
Hagar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dreamslayer
Slovakian and Rumanian flags on the first picture. Are its correct?

The flags or the images displayed? Both seem to be OK in any case. Certainly the helmet styles match, and I recognize the Bf image as being an authentic Slovakian one.

CORE Minister of Propaganda

Ex-CORE for Arsenal of Democracy developer

COREd War in the East 2 - reworked aircraft, ground and leader imagery

(in reply to Dreamslayer)
Post #: 11
RE: WAR IN THE EAST2 IMAGE LIBRARY - VER. 1.0 - 11/4/2021 5:06:30 AM   
Hagar

quote:

ORIGINAL: panzer51

quote:

I don't have Photoshop, so any png file will probably work. I am adding mostly equipment for Axis minors. Currently working on Romania and some German exotic conversions.

Certainly part of my favorites... Some of that source imagery is rare! Especially the ones that are undeniably authentic (i.e. the right equipment with the correct markings or uniforms).

(in reply to panzer51)
Post #: 12
RE: WAR IN THE EAST2 IMAGE LIBRARY - VER. 1.0 - 11/4/2021 1:43:32 PM   
panzer51

quote:

Could you please include it (png) in the download? Thanks.

(in reply to cblattmann)
Post #: 13
RE: WAR IN THE EAST2 IMAGE LIBRARY - VER. 1.0 - 11/4/2021 8:15:57 PM   
cblattmann

Panzer51, I will. I have been extremely busy with my day time job I will try to get to it tonight (FL time). It will be from my latest version which I have not yet linked to here in the forum (waiting for an official version release). So a couple flags will look slightly different.

(in reply to panzer51)
Post #: 14
RE: WAR IN THE EAST2 IMAGE LIBRARY - VER. 1.0 - 11/9/2021 12:37:34 PM   
Zovs

Is 1.01 still the latest version for patch 1.02.01_Beta?

Beta Tester for:
Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm
War in the East 1 & 2
WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator

(in reply to cblattmann)
Post #: 15
RE: WAR IN THE EAST2 IMAGE LIBRARY - VER. 1.0 - 11/9/2021 12:57:45 PM   
cblattmann

Zovs, an update is coming. I want to bring my updates in sync with the official WITE2 updates. Thus my updates will have the same version number as the official game patches to signify that they have been updated. Do you think I should update the imagery with

The Bulgarians have been done, some corrections have been made and some imagery has been updated. I just want to compare my work with the change log of the next official version to make sure I covered it all and nothing changed at the last minute.

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 16
RE: WAR IN THE EAST2 IMAGE LIBRARY - VER. 1.0 - 11/9/2021 2:20:25 PM   
Hagar

In all fairness, 1.02.01 is the official Public Beta, and is accessible to anyone who owns the game. So I opted for two versions available for download myself.

There are a few overlapping areas between the two. All the Bulgarian stuff is new, but some German aircraft imagery and a few existing gun slots have been reassigned. In all about 10 or so.

(in reply to cblattmann)
Post #: 17
RE: WAR IN THE EAST2 IMAGE LIBRARY - VER. 1.0 - 11/20/2021 2:52:47 PM   
Zovs

With the latest additions in the patch will you be updating this wonderful mod?

IIRC there were 6-12 images added or modified.

Beta Tester for:
War in the East 1 & 2
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2

(in reply to Hagar)
Post #: 18
RE: WAR IN THE EAST2 IMAGE LIBRARY - VER. 1.0 - 11/20/2021 2:53:30 PM   
Zovs

Also can we get this mod sticked?

Beta Tester for:
War in the East 1 & 2
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 19
RE: WAR IN THE EAST2 IMAGE LIBRARY - VER. 1.0 - 11/20/2021 6:17:27 PM   
cblattmann

Zovs, yes. It will be updated. Bulgarians are done. German generic images are done. New images have been added. Images were updated where the designation changed (like it did for a few artillery pieces). Flags have been touched up and a couple have been corrected. Re-examined all SS and Luftwaffe images und touched up many and even replaced some with better ones. With this last beta I am checking the implications of it on my images. Don't want to upload a new version with every beta. Would like to bring my version in sink with official versions.

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 20
RE: WAR IN THE EAST2 IMAGE LIBRARY - VER. 1.0 - 11/20/2021 8:32:14 PM   
Zovs

+1

Beta Tester for:
War in the East 1 & 2
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2

(in reply to cblattmann)
Post #: 21
RE: WAR IN THE EAST2 IMAGE LIBRARY - VER. 1.0 - 12/11/2021 12:35:16 AM   
cblattmann

Mod updated to match WITE2 v01.12.11 game release version.

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 22
RE: WAR IN THE EAST2 IMAGE LIBRARY - VER. 1.0 - 12/13/2021 12:21:34 PM   
dudefan

what is the difference to Cored?

(in reply to cblattmann)
Post #: 23
RE: WAR IN THE EAST2 IMAGE LIBRARY - VER. 1.0 - 12/13/2021 12:52:15 PM   
cblattmann

Mechanically there is no difference. It's pure aesthetics.

Like COREd I wanted sharper, better images. The reason I did my version is because I felt the image library needed to be visually along the same lines as the new images in WITE2 (like event images or scenario images which are all black and white). Secondly I wanted to play with the historical flag and branch designators for the Germans for immersion purposes. And in the process of doing it, I also wanted to find an alternative to the faded flag.

Choose whichever mod appeals visually more to you.

< Message edited by cblattmann -- 12/13/2021 7:44:53 PM >

(in reply to dudefan)
Post #: 24
RE: WAR IN THE EAST2 IMAGE LIBRARY - VER. 1.0 - 12/14/2021 8:30:32 AM   
dudefan

thank you for your reply and your work. Great job

(in reply to cblattmann)
Post #: 25
RE: WAR IN THE EAST2 IMAGE LIBRARY - VER. 1.0 - 12/15/2021 12:00:48 AM   
Tailspintommy

Once again, proving my total ignorance of technology, I'm having problems running this mod.

I can download the files, no problem.. I can send them to my photo folder in the game, no problem.. But when I run the game I still get the original images and flags.
When I go to the file location, the new images are all there but in a separate folder which I can open and see all the new images but I can't seem to set them as the default and the game won't pick them up.
I've tried using the Generic Mod Enabler and get the same result. It says the mods are enabled but once again, the game just gives me the stock photos and flags.

I did manage to install the "Generals Map" mod, which seems to have worked fine but this great artwork has me beat.

I'm running the official release game (not a beta) with the latest patch.
Any idiots guide to explain to this idiot what he's doing wrong would be much appreciated, thanks.

P.S. If I'm going to be better off uninstalling/reinstalling the game, that's not a problem.

(in reply to dudefan)
Post #: 26
RE: WAR IN THE EAST2 IMAGE LIBRARY - VER. 1.0 - 12/15/2021 2:20:05 AM   
cblattmann

I am sorry for you running into issues. No need to reinstall the game. There shouldn’t be any sub folders in the "photo" directory, just leader, ground equipment and airplane BMP images. It is because your images are in subfolders in the "photo" directory, that the game does not see them.

I provided different folders because I wanted to give people options on what to install. The two main folders "War in the East 2 Image Library - German Colors" and "War in the East 2 Image Library - Historical Flag" are the two main base image folders.

1. Find the photo folder (“Matrix Games\Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2\Dat\Art\photo”)
2. Delete any subfolders that are in the “photo” folder (DO NOT delete the “photo” folder itself). And no need to delete any images you have in the ‘photo’ folder.
3. Choose one of the two main base folders depending on what you want. Copy all BMP images in the "War in the East 2 Image Library - German Colors" folder into the “photo” directory (if you want to play with the black, white and red German color flag) OR copy all the BMP images in the "War in the East 2 Image Library - Historical Flag" folder into the “photo” directory (if you want to play with images that have the Historical flag). It is either or.
4. Once one set of the main base images is copied into the “Matrix Games\Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2\Dat\Art\photo” folder, copy the BMP images in the "War in the East 2 Image Library - SS” folder into the “photo” folder if you want the leader images with the SS branch designators. Then copy the BMP images in the "War in the East 2 Image Library - Luftwaffe” folder into the “photo” folder if you want the leader images with the Luftwaffe branch designators.

This should take care of your problem. DM me if you continue to have problems.

< Message edited by cblattmann -- 12/15/2021 2:36:38 AM >

(in reply to Tailspintommy)
Post #: 27
RE: WAR IN THE EAST2 IMAGE LIBRARY - VER. 1.0 - 12/19/2021 1:46:15 PM   
Tailspintommy

quote:

I am sorry for you running into issues. No need to reinstall the game. There shouldn’t be any sub folders in the "photo" directory, just leader, ground equipment and airplane BMP images. It is because your images are in subfolders in the "photo" directory, that the game does not see them.

I provided different folders because I wanted to give people options on what to install. The two main folders "War in the East 2 Image Library - German Colors" and "War in the East 2 Image Library - Historical Flag" are the two main base image folders.

1. Find the photo folder (“Matrix Games\Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2\Dat\Art\photo”)
2. Delete any subfolders that are in the “photo” folder (DO NOT delete the “photo” folder itself). And no need to delete any images you have in the ‘photo’ folder.
3. Choose one of the two main base folders depending on what you want. Copy all BMP images in the "War in the East 2 Image Library - German Colors" folder into the “photo” directory (if you want to play with the black, white and red German color flag) OR copy all the BMP images in the "War in the East 2 Image Library - Historical Flag" folder into the “photo” directory (if you want to play with images that have the Historical flag). It is either or.
4. Once one set of the main base images is copied into the “Matrix Games\Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2\Dat\Art\photo” folder, copy the BMP images in the "War in the East 2 Image Library - SS” folder into the “photo” folder if you want the leader images with the SS branch designators. Then copy the BMP images in the "War in the East 2 Image Library - Luftwaffe” folder into the “photo” folder if you want the leader images with the Luftwaffe branch designators.

This should take care of your problem. DM me if you continue to have problems.

Just wanted to say a huge thank you for your time and detailed explanation. This total computer Clutz has finally managed to change the photographs!

Your instructions are correct and perfectly clear but after several attempts, I could still only get the new pictures to appear within their own file within the photo folder and, as you say, the game can't see them...
My mistake (and for the benefit of anyone else as computer dense as myself) was that I was downloading the file and giving it a path to open inside the photo folder... Once I downloaded them elsewhere and COPIED them into the folder as you said, everything works perfectly.

Thank you again. I think the game looks much better with the historic flags. I know it's only cosmetic but it adds to the realism and immersion, somehow.. If only it could improve my gameplay but at least the time spent practicing will look better.

"Never fire a shot before coffee"

(in reply to cblattmann)
Post #: 28
RE: WAR IN THE EAST2 IMAGE LIBRARY - VER. 1.0 - 12/25/2021 9:12:28 AM   
Haspen

Awesome mod
Thanks!!!

Works perfectly for me

(in reply to Tailspintommy)
Post #: 29
RE: WAR IN THE EAST2 IMAGE LIBRARY - VER. 1.0 - 12/26/2021 7:25:43 PM   
Cavalry Corp

Super - many thanks

(in reply to Haspen)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Update: WAR IN THE EAST2 IMAGE LIBRARY (2,326 images) - VER. 1.02.13 Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI