Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

BattleOdds Engine

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> BattleOdds Engine Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
BattleOdds Engine - 9/10/2021 7:14:33 PM   
ruskicanuk

I realized yesterday that well I understand combat odds at a high level (ie. more reliable, more supply are good things), given all the rule changes through the patches, I don't have a good grasp on battle odds. For instance, I had mobile inf fully upgraded against fully upgraded army - the mobile guy was 95% reliability vs. 75% for the unentrenched army and I was expected to lose 0-2. Granted it was frozen ground so maybe that is why. Wondering if there is a source for players that shows how terrain, weather, entrenchment, reliability, etc impact battle odds...
Post #: 1
RE: BattleOdds Engine - 9/10/2021 7:51:08 PM   
Zeckke

forget in frozen and brown terrain is useless this game fighting better dont try

this game is based on weather is the most important thing and morale

what you have to do if fight your units it does not matter if your odds are bad , but the unit gets experiience and high morale each time you fight

(in reply to ruskicanuk)
Post #: 2
RE: BattleOdds Engine - 9/10/2021 10:00:53 PM   
ruskicanuk

but i think armies do ok in mud/frozen (not great but better than tanks/mobiles?) dunno

(in reply to Zeckke)
Post #: 3
RE: BattleOdds Engine - 9/16/2021 4:00:33 PM   
havoc1371

Alternating weather in this game is a SOB. I've played the Axis and had 5-6 straight turns of foul weather in games starting in August across most or all of Russia, while my opponent has clear weather almost everyone of his turns. This can literally throw the game against an opponent of equal skill. It sucks especially when you pursue building up your amount of bombers prior to Barbarossa and have them sitting idle for most of 1941.

(in reply to ruskicanuk)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> BattleOdds Engine Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI