Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Make units not automatically unload from trains

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Feature Suggestions >> Make units not automatically unload from trains Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Make units not automatically unload from trains - 10/29/2021 3:44:22 PM   
Beethoven1

Often when you are railing units around, it takes more than 1 turn to get them where you want them. If on the second turn you click on the unit while having regular movement mode turned on, it can (sometimes) then automatically unload the unit off of the train. It seems to happen sometimes, but at the same time not ALL the time (not sure why, it is hard to differentiate the cases when it happens and doesn't).

But very often, the player does NOT want the unit to unload from the train, but instead was clicking on it because they wanted to move it (or maybe to move it) somewhere else before unloading it.

So please change it to where the player actually has to click on the "on train" button for a unit to unload. Units should never unload unless the player actually does something affirmative to indicate that they want it to actually unload.

Or, if for some reason you really want to keep the current behavior, have it be a game option that the player can select.

I was just now clicking on a unit on a rail, and it unloaded without me clicking to order it to unload (this happened earlier also). Just as an example, it happened with this unit just now, which had been on rail with 200 SMP:

It also happened earlier with a unit that was next to an enemy on a rail, so I was wondering if that might be why, but in this case it happened also with a unit that was NOT next to an enemy.
Post #: 1
RE: Make units not automatically unload from trains - 10/29/2021 10:34:50 PM   
jubjub

You have to be careful to not press F1 while you have an entrained unit selected, or it will disembark with no opportunity to undo it. I've learned the hard way, as is the case with most things in this game lol.

(in reply to Beethoven1)
Post #: 2
RE: Make units not automatically unload from trains - 10/30/2021 5:40:04 PM   
Beethoven1

This happened yet again while I was railing around a 63 morale division (this is on turn 2 of a GC as Soviets, so a 63 morale division is a super valuable commodity). It almost could have ended up in the wrong place, but this time for whatever reason fortunately I was able to immediately undo it. A previous time a day or two ago I was NOT able to immediately undo. It seems pretty inconsistent both in terms of when it happens and when you can undo it and when you can't, I am having a hard time discerning the pattern of when it is happening. It is possible in principle that I am clicking something else in some cases without realizing it or something (although I don't think so, could be), but I am definitely not pressing F1.

(in reply to jubjub)
Post #: 3
RE: Make units not automatically unload from trains - 10/30/2021 6:21:19 PM   
Beethoven1

lol literally just happened to me again

(in reply to Beethoven1)
Post #: 4
RE: Make units not automatically unload from trains - 10/30/2021 7:50:35 PM   
kahta

+1

(in reply to Beethoven1)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Feature Suggestions >> Make units not automatically unload from trains Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI