Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Flight group disapear

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Flight group disapear Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Flight group disapear - 11/15/2021 6:45:00 PM   
Yaab

soloje1, I CTRL+F-ed the WiTP:AE patch changelog for any vanish/disappear key words. No instances of disappearing unit. I am out of ideas.

(in reply to soloje1)
Post #: 31
RE: Flight group disapear - 11/15/2021 6:50:12 PM   
forti22

.Maallon about scen 026 to 029.
I would say that Soloje and myself are interested by the Stacking Limit gameplay but not at all by the addition of the DaBabes mods (let's say that apart of SL, the complexity of the game is already high enough for us, I'm a little bit afraid of the addition of new ships and classes )

.Andrew Brown, we will make some tests during next week-end as per your suggestion, by flipping some 20+ turns without playing to check if the problem still happens.
Considering we played fine during last 3 years with same setup (including one - 8 game-months length - scen 001 campaign) without any issue, I will be very surprised if this glitch does appear with initial map, but will check.
I understand from your post (and from another old subject I found in Mods Sub-section) that what we are trying to do (scen 001 with SL) is at least possible and that DaBabes Mods is not mandatory to play with SL.

Do you guys know another link to the 3 pw***.dat files of a Stock Map with SL than the ones I used (can't post link, but I took it from the DaBabesWiTPAE website Maalon and I mentioned before) to give it a try?
I tried to get through the forum for one but I found only an experimental version which I assume has been updated since (can't post link again but Subject is Experimental map data file with stacking limits in Mods sub-section).
If there is one, we may run another test with it to check.

Thanks again for all your feedbacks and suggestions

(in reply to soloje1)
Post #: 32
RE: Flight group disapear - 11/15/2021 7:26:59 PM   
HansBolter

What I find to be the best part of Babes is the completely revamped Land unit countermix.

Can never go back to stock.

Hans

(in reply to forti22)
Post #: 33
RE: Flight group disapear - 11/15/2021 9:49:56 PM   
geofflambert

The Japanese have too many engineers in stock.

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 34
RE: Flight group disapear - 11/15/2021 9:58:59 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

The Japanese never have enough engineers . . .

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 35
RE: Flight group disapear - 11/16/2021 8:57:34 AM   
Alpha77

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Everyone has too many at least in 41 + 42, in real life also Allies could NOT build huge bases so fast as in game... this changed only w/ new tech and mooooaaar engs/specialized equipment from 43+. Or engs buliding speed in game could be reduced

My tipp would be reduce 41/42 eng units 30-40% for both sides, also reduce all support/eng type replacements a bit plus some of the art too. They pile so much for the Allies they never run into shortages, even if stuff was needed in Europe too.

< Message edited by Alpha77 -- 11/16/2021 9:38:24 AM >

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 36
RE: Flight group disapear - 11/16/2021 9:57:49 AM   
LargeSlowTarget

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

What I find to be the best part of Babes is the completely revamped Land unit countermix.

Now that is a point we are in full agreement, Hans

For those who don't know DaBabes - it introduces a type of Eng squads which actually does nothing but taking space on ships and consuming supplies - they don't construct or repair anything. DaBabes Eng units will have a small number of regular engineers who actually do work - and lots of those useless "eaters". So you still get normally-sized Eng units, but with much reduced abilities to actually build something.

< Message edited by LargeSlowTarget -- 11/16/2021 9:59:16 AM >

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 37
RE: Flight group disapear - 11/16/2021 11:49:48 AM   
Ian R

quote:

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

quote:

For those who don't know DaBabes - it introduces a type of Eng squads which actually does nothing but taking space on ships and consuming supplies - they don't construct or repair anything. DaBabes Eng units will have a small number of regular engineers who actually do work - and lots of those useless "eaters". So you still get normally-sized Eng units, but with much reduced abilities to actually build something.

Perhaps they should be called "civil service" squads?

"I am Alfred"

(in reply to LargeSlowTarget)
Post #: 38
RE: Flight group disapear - 11/16/2021 3:49:56 PM   
Alpha77

What purpose would such squads have at all? They only add a bit more micromanagement and solutions to the eng problem were already posted (solutions that might even slightly reduce micromanagement ie. less eng units/devices to care for/about)

< Message edited by Alpha77 -- 11/16/2021 3:50:21 PM >

(in reply to Ian R)
Post #: 39
RE: Flight group disapear - 11/16/2021 4:11:53 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian R

quote:

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

quote:

Perhaps they should be called "civil service" squads?

Call them "Supervisors" that is, those who lean on a shovel and watch other people work . . .

― Julia Child

(in reply to Ian R)
Post #: 40
RE: Flight group disapear - 11/16/2021 4:21:35 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alpha77

What purpose would such squads have at all? They only add a bit more micromanagement and solutions to the eng problem were already posted (solutions that might even slightly reduce micromanagement ie. less eng units/devices to care for/about)

I think the ideas was to have Combat Engineers not able to build bases or forts - they just blow things up! There might be different engineers for fixing vehicles too - I don't play the mod but I recall four or five different types of engineers that did different things.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Alpha77)
Post #: 41
RE: Flight group disapear - 11/16/2021 4:25:09 PM   
Alpha77

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy
....but I recall four or five different types of engineers that did different things.

LOL, thanks so I can avoid this mod - but there are indeed ppl. who want more microstuff I wonder if for them native squads should also be created. But each single island it´s own And when you accidently ship Munda natives to eg. Rabaul they refuse to work and go on strike to get back to their native place

< Message edited by Alpha77 -- 11/16/2021 4:27:14 PM >

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 42
RE: Flight group disapear - 11/16/2021 7:52:07 PM   
LargeSlowTarget

The purpose of the "eaters" is to keep the overall unit size and supply consumption at the original levels while reducing the unit's capabilities. If you would just reduce the number of engineer devices - and corresponding support - by 30-40% to reduce the capabilities, you would also reduce the supply requirements and the size i.e. the shipping requirements of the units considerably, thus creating imbalances / undesired consequences. Also less devices > less VPs for destroyed units.

< Message edited by LargeSlowTarget -- 11/16/2021 8:01:29 PM >

(in reply to Alpha77)
Post #: 43
RE: Flight group disapear - 11/16/2021 7:56:54 PM   
RangerJoe

Those extra "eaters" should also enable the units to survive better if attacked.

― Julia Child

(in reply to LargeSlowTarget)
Post #: 44
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Flight group disapear Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI