Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

HQ TOE

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> HQ TOE Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HQ TOE - 12/7/2021 7:18:22 PM   
gw15

This may have been asked but I couldn't find it and I couldn't find an answer in the manual.
I'm playing the soviets and it is turn 14. 11 of my armies show (U) on their respective front HQ. When I look at those 11 armies they all have very low TOE. I've never paid attention to that until now but what are the ramifications of this? How do I raise the TOE of those 11 armies because there is no "refit" button? Put them back into SR?

Post #: 1
RE: HQ TOE - 12/7/2021 8:29:04 PM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: gw15

This may have been asked but I couldn't find it and I couldn't find an answer in the manual.
I'm playing the soviets and it is turn 14. 11 of my armies show (U) on their respective front HQ. When I look at those 11 armies they all have very low TOE. I've never paid attention to that until now but what are the ramifications of this? How do I raise the TOE of those 11 armies because there is no "refit" button? Put them back into SR?

in effect missing support squads lower the chance to pass a leadership roll (15.5.1/2), so if the TOE is say 20% that is quite a hit. Esp for the Soviets this escalates as attached CU often need to pull support squads from the HQ to compensate for their own shortages (21.2.2)

its one of those things that is a bit scattered in the manual

To sort out the TOEs takes some time, in part as the Soviets are slow to generate support squads in 1941 but best done by placing the HQ on a well stocked depot or in the reserve (best solution). its certainly worth looking over your HQs and making sure you are fully using the few that start the game properly mobilised.

(in reply to gw15)
Post #: 2
RE: HQ TOE - 12/8/2021 6:52:44 AM   
Yogol

I would -at least- take the SUs with a high TOE% out of those armies and place them somewhere useful.
And assign the ones with a low TOE% to a HQ that stands on a NSS.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 3
RE: HQ TOE - 12/8/2021 2:07:19 PM   
gw15

Thank you for the responses. This is a complex game.
It's going to be hard to switch out the 11 armies that I allowed to deplete so much but it has to be done. I have plenty army HQ's in the SR though. Good that turn 16 is coming up soon.

I have created an EXCEL spreadsheet with a turn checklist broken out between Air and Land phases. It is a very long list and helps me remember what to check. I had "check low TOE" on the list but I was only reviewing combat units, not HQ. Lesson learned.
I also have a tab for Events that happen every turn so I can anticipate how things change during the game. It's also a long list.
I have a production tab that watches selected pool items so that I can decide what to put on refit, etc. Especially for T-34's and KV's. For planes I keep track of the newer models and gradually switch out the older ones making sure the pools are not drained too fast.
I have only played the Russians.

Sorry for my rambling... Great game.

(in reply to Yogol)
Post #: 4
RE: HQ TOE - 12/8/2021 2:51:17 PM   
tonyhnz

In the first few turns when i play soviets I try to move all the non isolated army hqs into depots with supply priority 4 for at least a turn to get their TOE's up.
Then for any new armies appearing on the map in the early turns you have to put them in a depot also for at least a turn for same reason.
If they are relocated out of a pocket you also have to do the same.

(in reply to gw15)
Post #: 5
RE: HQ TOE - 12/8/2021 6:23:58 PM   
GibsonPete

gw15 that spreadsheet sounds like a great tool. You ever consider making it available?

“Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.”

(in reply to tonyhnz)
Post #: 6
RE: HQ TOE - 12/8/2021 6:31:29 PM   
gw15

Pete
I can't seem to upload it. I receive the message below. Not sure what "fakepath" means.
Any suggestions?

C:\fakepath\WitE2.xlsx is not supported

(in reply to GibsonPete)
Post #: 7
RE: HQ TOE - 12/8/2021 8:05:42 PM   
Stamb

quote:

Pete
I can't seem to upload it. I receive the message below. Not sure what "fakepath" means.
Any suggestions?

Yep
you are trying to upload file with extension that is not supported, i don't know why but in different sections in a forum there are different allowed extensions. Here as i can see you can only upload: gif/txt/jpg

(in reply to gw15)
Post #: 8
RE: HQ TOE - 12/9/2021 1:08:03 AM   
gw15

Can I PM the file? If I can, I will be happy to.

(in reply to Stamb)
Post #: 9
RE: HQ TOE - 12/9/2021 2:17:04 AM   
DeletedUser44

quote:

Pete
Any suggestions?

Some people have gotten around this by renaming the file to one with a .txt extension.

(in reply to gw15)
Post #: 10
RE: HQ TOE - 12/9/2021 8:14:36 AM   
Denniss

You may also run into a size limit. You could upload it to en external filehoster and link to it from here.

(in reply to DeletedUser44)
Post #: 11
RE: HQ TOE - 12/9/2021 9:42:39 AM   
carlkay58

Just compresss the file and it will upload with the.zip extension.

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 12
RE: HQ TOE - 12/9/2021 1:39:12 PM   
gw15

Tried zipping it, same error message.
Since the EXCEL file has multiple tabs I cannot rename to a TXT file type.

Thank you for the suggestions.
I don't have a filehoster or how to do that. I'm sorry for my lack of knowledge in this area.

If anyone wants me to send direct just PM me.

(in reply to carlkay58)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> HQ TOE Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI