Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Taking screenshots

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Combat Mission Black Sea >> Tech Support >> Taking screenshots Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Taking screenshots - 12/14/2021 8:20:38 PM   
ncc1701e

The screenshots I am taking with Print screen key is not really reflecting the in-game graphics.
Is there a particular software recommended for this?

Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
Post #: 1
RE: Taking screenshots - 12/19/2021 9:02:39 AM   
TableTop66

I must admit I have struggled with this problem as well, and it has held me back from working on posting some screenshots and contributions for this forum. The print screen key is useless for Combat Mission, I get just the start screen and you are limited to one screenshot at a time. I have also had little success with various free screen capture software available on a limited trial basis in which the programs will take the screen shot but then draw distance in Combat Mission is reduced resulting in missing trees etc.

The solution I have found and if your computer is Windows 10 is to check to make sure the X-box game bar is active in your settings - Gaming etc. If it's active then to take a screenshot - Windows Key + Alt + PrtScrn. Screenshots will usally save to - C:\Users\User\Videos\Captures

Windows 10 Configuring and Using the Game Bar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UqktcVfCbE

If you still have problems and you have a Nvidia graphics card with only drivers installed, then install GeForce Experience if your card can support it and then register it.
(Note: Combat Mission games may not appear in the home menu and are not supported for optimizing using GeForce Experience, but for recording videos of Combat Mission and taking screenshots it's really good.

What Is GeForce Experience & How To Use It Beginner Tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=311fPB3hHzI

GeForce Experience screenshots usally save to - C:\Users\User\Videos\Captures\CM Black Sea

Screenshot using Windows Key + Alt + Print Screen

https://i.imgur.com/bM7J4Wc.png

Screenshot using GeForce Experience Alt +F1

https://i.imgur.com/ypE1Y9k.png

As you can see above the screenshots in the links are the same - Scenario/Map (Ambush), using both Win10 Game Bar and GeForce Experience providing good images with the full draw distance which is what you want if you going to do ARR type posts etc. Now that you can do as many screenshots as you like, use ALT +TAB keys to go back and forth between the game and your images in your folders to help get that exact angle/distance on your screenshots etc.

Keyboard Shortcuts in Combat Mission for galley type pictures.

Icons: alt+i on/off.
Trees: alt+t toggles trees.
Landmarks Text: alt+l on/off.
Objectives Text: alt+j on/off.
Graphics Quality: To increase Shift + } and to decrease Shift + {
Zoom: To zoom in Z and to zoom out X

Edit: It would be nice if I could post a picture that was viewable to readers without a link, my reply options are very limited

< Message edited by TableTop66 -- 12/19/2021 9:57:00 AM >

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 2
RE: Taking screenshots - 12/19/2021 2:04:13 PM   
ncc1701e

Thanks a lot, Windows Key + Alt + Print Screen is working fine, that's cool.

Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.

(in reply to TableTop66)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Combat Mission Black Sea >> Tech Support >> Taking screenshots Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI