Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Very nice so far

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Vietnam >> RE: Very nice so far Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Very nice so far - 1/22/2022 3:41:35 AM   
Umbra_TSSI

Well I finished Bootcamp 1 and got a "Draw" without playing any of the CS games in the past, so I'm happy.

I think it would be nice if there was an AAR that summarized the very basics of why those results are the way they are. Such as "Your casualties were a significant contributor for this Draw" in order to guide us to know how win/loss is calculated.

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 61
RE: Very nice so far - 1/22/2022 3:52:01 AM   
Jason Petho

If you got a draw, then you missed some of the "Event Points" you would have received for following the instructions explicitly.

The popups have to be read and followed - I know there's a lot of text in them, but that's the point of the bootcamps to give you a bunch of information.

That will be EXTREMELY important for the rest of the bootcamps.

The game is no longer just about the objectives, and that's what the bootcamps are trying to emphasis.

(in reply to Umbra_TSSI)
Post #: 62
RE: Very nice so far - 1/22/2022 4:40:50 AM   
devoncop

I will be waiting for your Bootcamp 4 video before trying that one again as I ran into a few problems there. I picked up both sets of villagers no problem but on reaching the river the at crossing point Alpha the trucks never released to pick em up after they crossed so they had to walk back to the airfield and had no chance to reach the village I was supposed to get them to in time.

I obviously did something wrong so I shall wait to find out with baited breath :-)

The design of the bootcamps and their distinct themes are really well done though.

"I do not agree with what you say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it"

Post #: 63
RE: Very nice so far - 1/22/2022 4:43:28 AM   
Jason Petho

I'm glad you enjoyed them!

The key for getting the trucks released is the location of ALL the civilians on the other side of the bank. They all have to be at the Rendezvous location.

But yes, I'll be doing Bootcamp 4 in the next few days (hopefully as good as bootcamp 3 and not bootcamp 2... HA!)

Tomorrow I will be going through the editors on Twitch at 11AM Pacific

< Message edited by Jason Petho -- 1/22/2022 5:30:06 AM >

(in reply to devoncop)
Post #: 64
RE: Very nice so far - 1/22/2022 6:08:07 AM   
devoncop

Cheers Jason, that is probably the issue. My civilians crossed the river and moved off at different times ( it was every man for himself by then 🙂) I will bear that in mind. Thanks,

"I do not agree with what you say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it"

Post #: 65
RE: Very nice so far - 1/22/2022 8:56:53 PM   
Umbra_TSSI

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

If you got a draw, then you missed some of the "Event Points" you would have received for following the instructions explicitly.

The popups have to be read and followed - I know there's a lot of text in them, but that's the point of the bootcamps to give you a bunch of information.

That will be EXTREMELY important for the rest of the bootcamps.

The game is no longer just about the objectives, and that's what the bootcamps are trying to emphasis.

Thanks Jason, I was more attentive to the instructions on the second playthrough and got a Major Victory.

Post #: 66
RE: Very nice so far - 1/22/2022 8:58:37 PM   
Jason Petho

Yay! That's great news! Way to go!

(in reply to Umbra_TSSI)
Post #: 67
RE: Very nice so far - 1/23/2022 2:04:09 AM   
Ichili

Thanks guys for a job well done, the map graphics, the AI behavior and the generous number of scenarios, all of which imply tons of research and years of dedication. CS games are among my favorites and of those games this is my new favorite.

Post #: 68
RE: Very nice so far - 1/23/2022 2:07:16 AM   
Jason Petho

Thank you so much, Ichili!! Glad you're enjoying it!

(in reply to Ichili)
Post #: 69
RE: Very nice so far - 1/23/2022 5:51:21 AM   
devoncop

The French are on a roll in my playthroughs so far...Major wins at Geong Dinh and now Mao Khe ....there is a sense that things may not continue this way for too much longer :-)

I shall continue my chronological playthroughs of all the scenarios in the game with a feeling this may be the highpoint....

(I did realise that Mao Khe is really meant for H2H but as I am working through chronologically everything will get tried . I have to say there were few obvious flaws in the AI behaviour though so even the H2H scenarios that you play solo are good value if anyone was wondering.

Post #: 70
RE: Very nice so far - 1/23/2022 5:53:33 AM   
Jason Petho

Glad you're having fun!

You'll have some things to learn when you switch the ARVN, but they aren't as bad as you might think! Oh wait.. Maybe a little?

Regardless, shoot me a mail of your observations and I'll see about tweaking some of the issues you're finding. (jasonpetho at hotmail dot com)

(in reply to devoncop)
Post #: 71
RE: Very nice so far - 1/23/2022 5:54:23 AM   
Jason Petho

Playing them chronologically will really give you a good history lesson too!

Post #: 72
RE: Very nice so far - 1/23/2022 6:09:08 AM   
devoncop

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

Glad you're having fun!

You'll have some things to learn when you switch the ARVN, but they aren't as bad as you might think! Oh wait.. Maybe a little?

Regardless, shoot me a mail of your observations and I'll see about tweaking some of the issues you're finding. (jasonpetho at hotmail dot com)

Will do Jason.

You are right by the way, I am not only learning a lot from the scenarios but after I have played them I am motivated to read up on them and the characters involved. Though he perished in my playthrough heroically defending Mao Khe mine the Lt trying to defend it with his irregulars was ten times more heroic in real life. Amazing guy.

Post #: 73
RE: Very nice so far - 1/23/2022 6:15:02 AM   
Jason Petho

Yes, absolutely!! Always worth doing a little more digging to find out the context of the scenario!

(in reply to devoncop)
Post #: 74
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Vietnam >> RE: Very nice so far Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI