Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

TAO3 (Ardennes) specific map/unit errors

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Korsun Pocket Support >> TAO3 (Ardennes) specific map/unit errors Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
TAO3 (Ardennes) specific map/unit errors - 9/17/2003 1:21:20 AM   
tempest

The following are errors with units or the map in the Ardennes scenario:
1. 99th Norweigan is treated as an elite unit but shown as regular in unit info display.
2. Hex 24,42 shows a minor road going south to hex 24,43(Florenville). However, hex 24,43 shows no road going north. The game behaves as if there is no connecting road to 24,42 which the local road net layout strongly suggests would be there.
3. Armored arty have at least a 2 antitank factor but none is shown in unit info display.
4. Hex 28,11 looks completely like forest but is listed as clear.

Also, my good friend who is quite the military historian, made an excellent documented case that the German 11th Pzr was so heavily mauled from previous fighting that its only actual (and realistically conceivable) contribution to the Bulge fighting were small ad hoc units totaling about 2500 men. Its participation would be much more accurately presented by a single, nondivsional (it could be called 11Pzr KG) panzergrenadier. As it is, the division enters the game with 4 units(11 steps) and only 4 step losses whch the Axis will generally have the replacements to make good. This gives the Axis an extra armored division that was not actually present. So, unless the 11th Pzr's inclusion was intended for game balance, please consider changing its participation (if any) along the above lines if the goal was historic accuracy.

Dave Alston
Post #: 1
- 9/17/2003 11:02:29 PM   
Joel Rauber

Dave,

Would you consider an acceptable resolution to have the 11th AD arrive with only one live step in each of its units?

I recognize that this isn't as weak as you indicate that it should be; but it ought to at least be more acceptable.

Joel

Any relationship between what I say and reality is purely coincidental.

Joel Rauber

(in reply to tempest)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Korsun Pocket Support >> TAO3 (Ardennes) specific map/unit errors Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI