Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scenario Elsenborn Ridge - Supply gone?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> Scenario Elsenborn Ridge - Supply gone? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scenario Elsenborn Ridge - Supply gone? - 1/30/2022 11:37:15 AM   
JacquesDeLalaing

I'm currently playing the scenario "Elsenborn Ridge" PBEM as the US. My opponent created a Greif unit at Waimes and moved it on my supply SOURCE hex at the edge of the map. (The supply base at Bullingen was already lost to the Germans at that time).

To my surprise, in the next turn, this resulted in my supply SOURCE being completely gone. And yet, despite having no supply on the map at all, all of my units received full supply (green points on the counters everywhere, even in cut-off pockets). Something is clearly wrong here?

If my supply source was destroyed permanently, then my units should be unsupplied. Me and my opponent agreed that the best solution would be to protect the supply source "entry" hexes so that enemy units cannot enter them. The effect that enemy units close to the supply source have is still huge as they force the supply off the road (which drastically decreases supply range).

As this seems like a game-breaking thing, we will probably re-play the turn (luckily we allowed save-files). I can provide a save file if needed.

< Message edited by JacquesDeLalaing -- 1/30/2022 12:30:56 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Scenario Elsenborn Ridge - Supply gone? - 1/30/2022 1:53:18 PM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: JacquesDeLalaing

I'm currently playing the scenario "Elsenborn Ridge" PBEM as the US. My opponent created a Greif unit at Waimes and moved it on my supply SOURCE hex at the edge of the map. (The supply base at Bullingen was already lost to the Germans at that time).

To my surprise, in the next turn, this resulted in my supply SOURCE being completely gone. And yet, despite having no supply on the map at all, all of my units received full supply (green points on the counters everywhere, even in cut-off pockets). Something is clearly wrong here?

If my supply source was destroyed permanently, then my units should be unsupplied. Me and my opponent agreed that the best solution would be to protect the supply source "entry" hexes so that enemy units cannot enter them. The effect that enemy units close to the supply source have is still huge as they force the supply off the road (which drastically decreases supply range).

As this seems like a game-breaking thing, we will probably re-play the turn (luckily we allowed save-files). I can provide a save file if needed.

Could you email me the save game to have a look?

oberst.w.klink (at) gmail.com

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to JacquesDeLalaing)
Post #: 2
RE: Scenario Elsenborn Ridge - Supply gone? - 1/30/2022 4:47:38 PM   
JacquesDeLalaing

Sent!

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 3
RE: Scenario Elsenborn Ridge - Supply gone? - 1/30/2022 5:44:05 PM   
FlyingEagle

I think it shouldn't be possible to destroy the supply SOURCE by conquering it (in contrast to a supply BASE/DEPOT). That effect is overpowered and feels like a cheat (especially if a small Greif team achieves that). Currently that means game over because your opponent is running out of supply.

I took advantage of that effect nearly everytime in the smaller scenarios against the AI (which doesn't defend its supply source most of the time).

At least, you should get the chance to reconquer your supply source to get it functional again.

(in reply to JacquesDeLalaing)
Post #: 4
RE: Scenario Elsenborn Ridge - Supply gone? - 1/30/2022 9:25:56 PM   
Jagger2002

Probably a house rule would take care of the problem.

(in reply to FlyingEagle)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> Scenario Elsenborn Ridge - Supply gone? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI