Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scenario 2 The Solomons a PBEM First!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> After Action Reports >> Scenario 2 The Solomons a PBEM First! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scenario 2 The Solomons a PBEM First! - 9/17/2003 8:38:54 PM   
Hirose

Greetings All,

This is the first post of a new PBEM between Busmaster and myself. We are both new to the game and I beleive this is Bushmaster's as well as my own first PBEM! So baring any unforseen disasters we hope to provide an interesting AAR as [B]"The Battle of the Newbies" [/B] begins!

As the IJN commander I have spent my first turn preping my forces for what I hope will be a decisive campaign. I will post more after turn 1 is completed.

Cheers
Bill M.

Post #: 1
- 9/18/2003 3:13:54 AM   
wobbly

Excellent - something new for me to comment on and read when work is getting me down.

(in reply to Hirose)
Post #: 2
- 9/18/2003 9:27:39 AM   
Bushmaster

Hello Everyone,

This is indeed my first PBEM, my first AAR and my first time playing Scenario 2. How exciting :) .

My first turn consisted of deciding what to do. I pretty sure keeping Lunga supplied is going to be a challenge. I’m also pretty sure Japans naval force is much stronger than mine, so battling it out at night in surface engagements, or destroying his invasion force with surface units, is not going to happen. It’s pretty obvious to me after looking at my assets the carriers are my only hope for a decisive outcome.

Supplying and/or reinforcing Lunga is going to be tough. Since I have no naval assets to defend any ships in port, everything has to be timed well. This will be a good battle for learning that. I’m very much worried about running in to his Bombardment TF’s at night, and his planes during the day.

I’m not sure what to do with regards to Lunga’s air protection. Since supply is a problem, I’m worried sending more planes in will make the situation critical. There is also the chance his air and naval power could shut the field down.

I’m also not sure how my carriers will handle the defense of Guadalcanal. I figure there are three places I can station them and two strategies for them.

Much is going to depend on what Bill does, if I’m in a good spot to counter it, and if I can actually do it.

This is a neat little scenario with a difficult challenge, I’m glad we chose to play it.

My first turn I wanted to see what was located in Taivu, so I sent some bombers. Well they didn’t exactly have a report on the strength of the unit there, but someone managed to see 13 people die….

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 08/21/42

Weather: Overcast

Air attack on Ichiki Battalion, at 39,40

Allied aircraft
B-17E Fortress x 5

no losses

Japanese ground losses:
Men lost 13

Attacking Level Bombers:
5 x B-17E Fortress at 6000 feet

(in reply to Hirose)
Post #: 3
- 10/3/2003 1:39:22 PM   
Bushmaster

Hello all,

I’m terribly sorry for my tardiness in the posting of my scenario debriefing. I have much to say but right now things are on pause as I have to put in many long hours on a job that just came up. I know that being a part of an AAR is a responsibility, and I promise to get in my post ASAP.

Thanks so much for your interest and I’ll get in the Allied perspective very soon, please don’t be discouraged! :)

(in reply to Hirose)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> After Action Reports >> Scenario 2 The Solomons a PBEM First! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI