Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The "Triple Alliance" tournament is about to begin

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> The "Triple Alliance" tournament is about to begin Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The "Triple Alliance" tournament is about to ... - 2/10/2022 3:36:38 PM   
manickennel

"Triple Alliance", a brand new tournament for Strategic Command WWI, is about to begin.

You’ll be enjoying three different scenarios, each one will cover one round and it will last six weeks:

Round 1:
1914 March on Paris - Refight the initial battles on the Western Front at divisional level. Can Paris be taken in 3 months?

Round 2:
1918 Ludendorff Offensive - Germany launches its great spring offensive in this divisional level campaign.

Round 3:
1914 Triple Alliance - Who will win when Italy enters the war on the side of the Central Powers?

In all three scenarios, you will play mirrored games from both the perspective of the Central Powers and the Entente. Your success in the tournament will be determined not just by how well you play from a strong position, but equally by how well you defend a losing one. With Slitherine’s tournament system matching you against players of similar ability, and a revised scoring system now in place for the Strategic Command games there will always be something to play for.

If you’re not familiar with Slitherine’s PBEM system, here’s how it works: the system will pair you with opponents and create your PBEM games for you automatically. You will be notified by mail of when the tournament is starting and when it is time to play your turns. The tournament follows the Swiss Tournament rules.

The tournament will start on February 14th, sign up to test your skills and climb the leaderboard! All you need to do is own the game and opt-in here.

Producer of Strategic Command, Commander, Field of Glory and a few other things besides.
Post #: 1
RE: The "Triple Alliance" tournament is about... - 2/22/2022 6:41:07 AM   
shri

Is there any penalty in tourney for chaps who never run a turn ever? I hope there is one.

(in reply to manickennel)
Post #: 2
RE: The "Triple Alliance" tournament is about... - 2/22/2022 1:53:18 PM   
Hubert Cater

Yes, they should score a zero and be removed from the follow up rounds

(in reply to shri)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> The "Triple Alliance" tournament is about to begin Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI