Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 9/23/2003 12:37:27 AM   
Mac_MatrixForum

[QUOTE=Marc Schwanebeck]It seem you bought the Just PLay (european version) of Korsun Pocket. Please consult [url]www.justplaynow.com[/url] for the upcoming updates and patches. Patches and updates for the US version will not work with the european version.[/QUOTE]
I'm qurious about this. Why is this? I've always found "localised" versions bad because of the bad patchability (if there's such a word). It has never been a good thing for the customer and I don't imagine managing multiple versions and updates any more of a blessing to the developers. It's annoying that the the rest of the world gets patches later.

I put localised into quotes because often the international version is either exactly the same game or with translated pamphlets, installation instructions and a different box. Games are almost never localised to my country, anyway, and it's my opinion that the localisation would be worthless in any case excluding the few exceptions.

Markku "Macroz" Rontu
"Understanding is a three-edged sword, your side, their side and the truth." - Captain John J. Sheridan, Babylon 5

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 1
- 9/23/2003 2:23:01 AM   
"Joss" Osborne

[QUOTE=Marc Schwanebeck]You´re on a very good way of becomming a hardcore wargamer. You´re about to take the first hurdle ;) [/QUOTE]

Would that first hurdle be finding a good divorce attorney? :D

Joss

Regards,

Joe "Joss" Osborne

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI