Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Missing weaponry on upgraded units?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Missing weaponry on upgraded units? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Missing weaponry on upgraded units? - 7/24/2001 6:11:00 AM   
DataKing

Greetings and salutations, I recently encountered something that made me rather curious, and I was wondering if anyone here could shed some light on the matter. I am playing a long campaign as the Germans, beginning in 1939. After winning my first battle against the Poles, I used a large portion of my upgrade points on switching my numerous Pz-Ib tanks over to Pz-IIIe (wanna at least give them a fighting chance when I get to France). This is where I noticed something odd. Two of the Pz-IIIe tanks that I purchased (if memory serves, these were numbers 10 and 11 out of 11) were missing the BMG. Has anyone else encountered this? Is this a function of the game, reflecting perhaps a run on MGs when these tanks were being produced? Does anyone know if such things actually occurred? I'm not complaining, mind you. To be honest, I think it kind of adds character to those machines...makes them just a little different than all the other IIIes out there. Just wondering if this is a glitch or a game function. Thanks a bunch. :cool:

"Welcome to the human race." -Snake Pliskin
Post #: 1
- 7/24/2001 6:54:00 PM   
panda124c

quote:

Originally posted by DataKing: Greetings and salutations, I recently encountered something that made me rather curious, and I was wondering if anyone here could shed some light on the matter. I am playing a long campaign as the Germans, beginning in 1939. After winning my first battle against the Poles, I used a large portion of my upgrade points on switching my numerous Pz-Ib tanks over to Pz-IIIe (wanna at least give them a fighting chance when I get to France). This is where I noticed something odd. Two of the Pz-IIIe tanks that I purchased (if memory serves, these were numbers 10 and 11 out of 11) were missing the BMG. Has anyone else encountered this? Is this a function of the game, reflecting perhaps a run on MGs when these tanks were being produced? Does anyone know if such things actually occurred? I'm not complaining, mind you. To be honest, I think it kind of adds character to those machines...makes them just a little different than all the other IIIes out there. Just wondering if this is a glitch or a game function. Thanks a bunch. :cool:
I have quite often seen this, I figure that I wanted the tanks so bad that the factory did not have time to install the guns ( it's always the MGs) or when they were delivered the MG was broken. Mien Herr our tanks have been sabatoged. :D At the end of the game you are in when you 'Repair All' they will be fixed so don't worry about any long term effect.

(in reply to DataKing)
Post #: 2
- 7/25/2001 9:56:00 AM   
sinner

pbear, This is funny. But, there's a reason behind it? Is it coded as "equipment too new"? Are those tanks in need the "manufacturer's warranty"? Salut

Sinner from the Prairy<br />"Thalassa! Thalassa!"

(in reply to DataKing)
Post #: 3
- 7/25/2001 10:24:00 AM   
Flashfyre

Here's a possible: Due to rarity, the MGs might be 'bought out' and not available. I've seen that, where I've bought a company of infantry, seen the MG go red, and only get one of the three I was supposed to get. It's possible that the rarity thing comes into play here, particularly if you check the MG teams and see if they can be gotten.

The Motor Pool http://www.geocities.com/aurion_eq/index.html?976419304550 [email]kmcferren@onemain.com[/email]

(in reply to DataKing)
Post #: 4
- 7/25/2001 1:38:00 PM   
Mai Thai

This is really interesting, i have never seen such a problem, but i can imagine the problem with it. The PzKpfw IIIe are not the best equipment you can buy, and without Mgs are even worse. As stated by Flashfyre it may be something related to the "rarity" factor. Bye

-- occupy it, administer it, exploit it

(in reply to DataKing)
Post #: 5
- 7/25/2001 2:33:00 PM   
Possum

Hello all I've noticed this too with the campaign I'm currently playing. I've just purchaced some shiny new KV-1 m40's to replace my T-26E m39's, and some of them have come with no bow MG.

"We're having a war, and we want you to come!"
So the pig began to whistle and to pound on a drum.
"We'll give you a gun, and we'll give you a hat!"
And the pig began to whistle when they told the piggies that.

(in reply to DataKing)
Post #: 6
- 7/25/2001 7:45:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

Hmm this sounds like son of the repair bug...did teh units you replaced have a missing BMG or other damage? All damage should be repaired when you buy a new thing, I've never seen this either myself...keep looking!

(in reply to DataKing)
Post #: 7
- 7/25/2001 9:27:00 PM   
sinner

Paul, Are you serious? Repair before chanigng the unit to something else? This is insane! When you plan to change the model of yoyr crashed car, you do not repair it first: you dump it into the woods and then you buy a new HMMV :D If what you say is true, well... I am unhappy. Points are harder to get than ever. And you always had the option to buy a new vehicle when it was BBQ'd... with no need to repair it first. Please, review this procedure. Give it some thought. Regards,

Sinner from the Prairy<br />"Thalassa! Thalassa!"

(in reply to DataKing)
Post #: 8
- 7/25/2001 11:15:00 PM   
achappelle

I thought I was crazy when some upgraded T34s were missing one of their MGs. And like most people, I'm not about to repair a vehicle that's getting replaced. Maybe the repair cost should be subtracted from the upgrade cost.

"Molon Labe" - Leonidas @ Thermopylae (Come Get Them!!)

(in reply to DataKing)
Post #: 9
- 7/26/2001 1:43:00 AM   
Larry Holt

quote:

Originally posted by Sinner from the Prairy: Paul, Are you serious? Repair before chanigng the unit to something else? This is insane! When you plan to change the model of yoyr crashed car, you do not repair it first: you dump it into the woods and then you buy a new HMMV :D If what you say is true, well... I am unhappy. Points are harder to get than ever. And you always had the option to buy a new vehicle when it was BBQ'd... with no need to repair it first. Please, review this procedure. Give it some thought. Regards,
This is not what Paul was refering to. The repair bug he refered to was that in ver2.x, not all damage was repaired between scenarios (the range finders were a particular problem). What he means is that if a tank has damage and you upgrade it, all the damage should be repaired on the new tank, that no damage to the original tank should be carried forward. He is not saying that you have to repair it first. This is as you expect.* So it has been suggested that this may be a bug or a rarity issue. If this happens again, may I suggest: - See if the stand alone version of the MG is available. If is is not, this may be a rarity issue. - If it is not, set rarity off then replay the last turn of the game and thus going into the repair/upgrade screen again and see if the guns are still missing. - If it is available, try replaying the last turn of the game and see if the guns are still missing, that is, is this easily repeatable or a freak occurance? *Prior to my battalion turning in our old M60s for shinny new M1s, we had to repair all the old damage so that's not so crazy as it seems. Someone will get those old PzIII's, etc. Thanks [ July 25, 2001: Message edited by: Larry Holt ]

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to DataKing)
Post #: 10
- 7/26/2001 3:18:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Thank you Larry, that is what I meant. The rarity affects units, not weapjs, so I doubt very much this is a rarity issue. If you repair the unit beofre you upgrade it and the bug never happens, then it is related to old damage somehow carrying forward. Another thing to try is to click the unit and hit repair AFTER you upgrade it, and see it it ever happens then (it costs no points then)

(in reply to DataKing)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Missing weaponry on upgraded units? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI