Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 9/30/2003 1:15:47 AM   
Shaggy

The Corsair was accually designed for the USN to use as a carrier plane. But there were some problems in early trials, so it was given to the Marines to use as land based. The British figured out the problems with using the Corsair from carriers and the USN stated using them for carrier ops, but not until 1944.

I also had one of my carrier Wildcat squadrons upgrade to Corsairs when I temporarily transfered it to a land base. All my Wildcat squadrons that stayed on carriers upgraded to Hellcats. Since it happened to you also I assume that for some reason, a bug most likely, if the Wildcats are on land bases they upgrade to Corsairs and if they are on carriers they upgrade to Hellcats.

Not a problem though, even if the USN didnt use them for carrier ops until 1944 you can use them for carrier ops in the game. So if you end up needing them for a carrier you can use them. They work just as well as the Hellcats :)

There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time.

Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

(in reply to Drex)
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI