Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

done with it!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> done with it! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
done with it! - 10/6/2003 1:27:12 AM   
akulas

well, uv has been interesting and entertaining most of the time. the "last straw" was finding 14th Aus. troops suddenly loaded on board my cruisers in nomea. way too many wierd and unacceptable (for me) things in this otherwise promising effort. hope everybody continues to enjoy it...i'm done with it! (UV reminds me of "Hearts of Iron", in terms of game QA/QC...may revisit UV again, just like i've kept up somewhat with HOI. but, sheesh, if UV was an airplane, would you fly on it?)
Post #: 1
- 10/6/2003 1:45:51 AM   
PzB74

HoI was a crude thing that lacked a lot of things.....would be a gross insult to compare it with UV. (Liked the research model though)

Seems like more 'funny' things happens in your UV games than ever has in mine!
If you go at it with a critical attitude and really let small bugs get to you, then it'll be pretty hard to enjoy any game these days. Most are very complex and it takes time to eliminate every little tedious bug!

UV really got a lot of good times in store for you if you just give it a chance, be a little more tolerant and try to paddle downstream instead of upstream ;)

Black Adder & Toleranse....

[B]"I was then taken and hung by the larger of my two testicles from the Wall of the Bastille. It was at this stage I decided I'd had enough"[/B]
[I]Edmund Blackadder in Blackadder III[/I]

"The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without"
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

(in reply to akulas)
Post #: 2
...hoi/uv comparisons... - 10/6/2003 3:01:37 AM   
akulas

...hmmm...maybe...hoi really had some terrible fresh-from-the-box "features"...like the idiotic pointer/slider issues hoi had. they fixed that eventually...unlike the issues that are (in how long?) still flakey in uv. my point of of comparison may be lost...both are promising games that game me many hours of enjoyment...certainly got my money's worth out of both of them...unlike moo3 (to bring in yet another off-topic game). i think i'm more in the majority on this game than those that are part of the loyal following that this game has obviously earned. a little confused on the "upstream/downstream" comment...not asking for a clarification, but the analogy would be far more accurate if one was in the canoe and then suddenly found oneself in outer space. i sincerely hope that others continue to enjoy this product...after all, it is only with a loyal following that it may get to the point where the truly bizzare may be fixed in patch v7.942.

(in reply to akulas)
Post #: 3
thanks...and curse you mogami... - 10/6/2003 3:17:54 AM   
akulas

as i have observed with your posts, mogami, they are always helpful and appropriate. curse you though...now i've "just gotta" load the game again, patch it (kept the patches on disk though) and remember this tidbit about what you see as loaded isn't really what is loaded. glad i got your post before running out to the computer store(s) to get some other game which would probably be much more functional but become shelfware rather quickly!

(in reply to akulas)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> done with it! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI