Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Favorite Mega?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Favorite Mega? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Favorite Mega? - 10/8/2003 11:37:18 PM   
TF-M

I am thinking about purchasing a mega. I do not own any of them. Which was you favorite and why if possible?
Post #: 1
- 10/9/2003 1:19:40 AM   
Wild Bill

It depends, TF-M. What part of the war interests you? You have a choice between the deserts of North Africa, the steppes of Russia and the jungles and swamps of Guadalcanal. Do you enjoy East Front fighting? Are you into the Pacific Island war? Does the thought of open desert with fleets of tanks appeal to you more? Naturally, I am biased. The "Lost Victories" MC is a masterpiece, done by Brent Richards and his team. My personal preference is actually the Pacific, though I love the swash-buckling advances and cunning defenses of the Desert Fox too! All three are good investments in gaming. You have to decide which one you think you would enjoy the most. Which one is best. Without trying to sound arrogant, my firm opinion is that they are ALL the best. I think any serious minded SPWAW gamer should have all three. And wait! The best one is yet to come! Mega Campaign-Screaming Eagles! Now this one is the fruit of my experience with heading up the teams on Desert Fox and Watchtower. I learned from that and tried in incorporate what I learned into this newest one, due out in November of this year. Screaming Eagles has SO MUCH. And its biggest value is its replaybility. Read the posts on just how this campaign works and I think you will agree that it has a lot of "bang" for the buck. That, plus new icons, graphics, map features, OOBs make it almost a new game! Now if I were to recommend one, it would be that one, Mega Campaign-Screaming Eagles. But don't wait. Grab one of the existing ones now and get going. You'll have fun and it will better prepare you for that which is to come. Anyone who enjoys this game should have and play all FOUR mega campaigns! Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to TF-M)
Post #: 2
- 10/9/2003 2:10:38 AM   
drdespair

The Lost Victories and the Desert Fox are available as download purchases, WatchTower is not (is it because it includes SPWAW??) I hope 101st Screaming Eagles MC will be for download also, it doesnt make sense to pay shipping charges that equal the cost of the game to get it in Europe ;)

D.

(in reply to TF-M)
Post #: 3
- 10/9/2003 8:39:43 AM   
TF-M

I appreciate the feed back...unfortunately I am only in the market for 1 :( right now but if I am impressed...(I here good things) there is always the man in the red suit!! ;)

Any one else with comments feel free...

(in reply to TF-M)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Favorite Mega? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI