Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

World War III

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> World War III Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
World War III - 9/26/2000 7:46:00 AM   
Dan Cook

Do you guys know of any likely WWIII flashpoints, besides Europe? If you guys know of any WWIII games, please let me know. ------------------ This "Slab of Liver" has an MBA from Harvard, you pointy-haired fool!!

Post #: 1
- 9/26/2000 8:05:00 AM   
Grok

quote:

Originally posted by Dan Cook: Do you guys know of any likely WWIII flashpoints, besides Europe? If you guys know of any WWIII games, please let me know.
Hi Dan, These are my picks, based on various factors Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Middle East, South America, and Mexico...I listed them in the order of magnitude. I don't know of any WW III games, but doesn't mean there aren't none. ------------------ understanding requires patience Grok

"My teeth have more bite, than your mouth has bark!"

(in reply to Dan Cook)
Post #: 2
- 9/26/2000 11:51:00 AM   
Bonzo

WW3 games? Off hand & I may be guessing, but... Red Storm: NATO Vs Warsaw Pact, which has a forum om this site. Bonzo ------------------ Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Coordinator 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters http://dreadnaught.home.icq.com [email]nwbattalion@icqmail.com[/email]

Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Webmaster 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters Main http://www.nwbattalion.com E-mail

(in reply to Dan Cook)
Post #: 3
- 9/26/2000 12:10:00 PM   
Randy

Dan, another flash point area could be the Spratley Islands, which are claimed by China and the Philippines. Semper Fi Randy

Semper Fi
Randy

The United States Marines: America's 911 Force-The Tip of the Spear

(in reply to Dan Cook)
Post #: 4
- 9/26/2000 7:15:00 PM   
Dan Cook

quote:

Originally posted by Grok: Hi Dan, These are my picks, based on various factors Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Middle East, South America, and Mexico...I listed them in the order of magnitude. I don't know of any WW III games, but doesn't mean there aren't none.
Japan, SA and Mexico? Those are flashpoints? ------------------ This "Slab of Liver" has an MBA from Harvard, you pointy-haired fool!!

(in reply to Dan Cook)
Post #: 5
- 9/26/2000 10:07:00 PM   
VictorH

Taiwan is a FlashPoint as well as Indonesia. As for WWII Games, there was a Nuclear War baordgame I recall I will need to check on who the developer is. S&T had a number of boardgames on the subject, I specifically recall one titled WWIII. There were a number of magazine game too, one on Berlin another on Fulda Gap.

(in reply to Dan Cook)
Post #: 6
- 9/26/2000 10:08:00 PM   
Grumble

Syria/Turkey, Georgia/Iran, Russia/Uzbekistan US-coalition/Sudan, IMHO, industrial-age warfare is coming to an end. Don't think you're going to see "World War"-type conflicts anymore.

"...these go up to eleven."
Nigel Tufnel

(in reply to Dan Cook)
Post #: 7
- 9/27/2000 12:47:00 AM   
Grok

quote:

Originally posted by Dan Cook: Japan, SA and Mexico? Those are flashpoints?
Indeed, Japan has a growing number of mal-contents. I doubt that they will ever be a majority, but it doesn't take many to perform an act of terrorism in another country, all in the name of patriotism, for which Japan would be blamed. Japan already has many terrorist groups operating, its just a matter of time before they begin their "war". South America and Mexico have always been a den of greed, envy and violence. It would be all too easy to send in terrorists into the US under the guise of migrant workers, and in a well coordinated avalanche of attacks, paralize industry, power, transportation and communication. The US never having been attacked on its own soil in such a manner, would have its citizens demanding protection and the local "unofficial" militias would readily take advantage of the situation. Politicians would be forced into quick action, spurring on the US military to restore order and eventual retaliation, while blaming it for its intial inability to protect US citizens. The military hampered as it is by this time, would be leaving other parts of the world vulnerable to open agression by its enemies. Each of these possibilities could trigger WW III. For years I have been postulation such events, and some military fiction authors have even written about such possibilities. It's no longer required for a nation to be a superpower with nuclear capability, for terrorism has become the great equalizer. In todays small world what happens in ones own backyard eventually ends up involving the neighbors. Due to the nature of the forum its next to impossible to detail every possibilty or the reasoning behind it for the countries mentioned. What I have stated is just one of the many possibilities that the US government has condsidered in its numerious scenerios of chaos. ------------------ understanding requires patience Grok

"My teeth have more bite, than your mouth has bark!"

(in reply to Dan Cook)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> World War III Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll