Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> After Action Reports >> Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 10/12/2003 11:05:15 AM   
wobbly

Herbie-san again brings out the Japanese airforce and manages to find my FT mission as it returns to GG. The TF is not fast enough to get to Buna and back to GG in a double sprint. I had been CAPping them but the thunderstorms that were predicted were enough to make me rest the fighters I had on that duty.
The PM invasion force is ordered to hold - I don't want them going in just yet as the need to defend both Buna invasions and PM invasions will be too much, and as previously stated I may need the forces to attack Buna yet.
Spruance doesn't take on the straits until tonight - fingers are crossed that he can make it through - I am taking the same lines as I did on the way up (no reports of DDs destroying mines on that route).

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 10/14/42

Weather: Thunderstorms

Air attack on Buna , at 12,38

Japanese aircraft
A6M3 Zero x 1

Allied aircraft
TBF Avenger x 13
P-40E Kittyhawk x 14
P-40E Warhawk x 14

no losses

Allied aircraft losses
TBF Avenger x 2 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
Men lost 12

Attacking Level Bombers:
13 x TBF Avenger at 6000 feet

Very strange - herbie-san has appeared to move some ACs to Buna airfield - what the hell for?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF at 18,39

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 20
D3A Val x 21
B5N Kate x 15

Japanese aircraft losses
D3A Val x 1 destroyed
D3A Val x 1 damaged
B5N Kate x 4 destroyed
B5N Kate x 6 damaged

Allied Ships
APD Gregory, Bomb hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
APD Little, Bomb hits 7, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
APD McKean, Bomb hits 1
DD Monssen
DD Anderson

My FT mission is hit by ACs flying from Gasmata - the Little seccumbs to her wounds. THe Mekean is fine but the Gregory will have to dock at GG and get the overworked support crews to work saving her.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Buna

Japanese Bombardment attack

Attacking force 15657 troops, 269 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 22147 troops, 217 guns, 52 vehicles

LCDR L.Nagano of F1/6th Daitai bails out and is RESCUED

Allied ground losses:
Men lost 39

Ground combat at Buna

Allied Bombardment attack

Attacking force 13877 troops, 127 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 22764 troops, 313 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese ground losses:
Men lost 3

The remains of the FT mission will make for GG and relative safety.
It is getting near to the time that the American ground pounders start to do a bit of the work. To this end some of the AKs and APs that have returned to Noumea are put to repair rather than being sent to Pearl, and the transport ships released from Pearl are also allowed to remain until I can get a big enough convoy together.
Unloading continues at Buna - with it being a beach hex the unloading will take at least 2 more days. I continue to CAP it heavily and another FT mission is set up to continue moving more troops to Buna - this justifies some LRCAP this turn

(in reply to wobbly)
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> After Action Reports >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI