Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 8/5/2001 7:29:00 AM   
Khan7

rrrrrgg.. my entire point is that people are taking offense to my methods and approach like they have in no other situation I've been in that involved people of above-average intelligence. My point is that they are taking offense too easily, and ignoring all indications that I don't take any of this that seriously. If you think that I am coarse, boorish, and stupid in the way I approach issues, I would invite you to pay a visit to the Earth2025 General Message Board, or even to the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives! As for Truckeye, look: I am from the suburbs of St. Louis, where everybody and his brother is a fundamentalist Christian. However, despite the fact that I am an atheist, I manage to get along with such people quite well, and the fact that a person feels in his heart that I must be saved or go to hell doesn't really offend me or lessen my estimation of them. All this said, I mOSt DEFinitely have the right to make a few measured pokes at the religious establishment at my discretion. If you choose to take disproportionate offense to them, that is YOUR problem and YOURS alone. You must realize that my position and my experiences have compelled me to take a rather light-hearted and somewhat indifferent view of such matters.

Khan7

(in reply to Khan7)
Post #: 31
- 8/5/2001 9:38:00 AM   
Truckeye

none of which has any place on this board or any need to be a part of your discussion of adjacent hex damage. yes, use your right of free speech all you want, but dont expect those you offend (who may NOT be like others you have experiance yet you lump them in together) to sit there and let you take pot shots without responding. if you go back to my original post, i dont believe i over reacted, in fact i asked to take this whole discussion to email. as far as bothering me alone, your posts (as you mention and contridict yourself since you think im the only one that disagrees) are often taken as derisive. i suggest thats evidence as another stated that at least on this board, we take exception to that form of delivery, no matter your intentions. if thats tolerated or encouraged on another board has no bearing on this board. ive seen paul v respond to hundreds of posts over the years and he is a very reasonable man. its indeed very rare he "lights anyone up", therefore regardless of how you lable our intelligence on this board, it would apprear your delivery provokes people here. bringing in religon and taking pot shots are beyond a civil debate over HE shots and quite unnecessary. your chosing to play the victom because some posters take issue with either your style or content is dramatic. seems we should be able to discuss matters as you once said without going to such measures. i apologise if i fall into your less than average intelligence because i take issue with your posts.

In the Last days its said the Lion will lay down with the Lamb. Even on that day, I would want to be the Lion. Ben Gurion

(in reply to Khan7)
Post #: 32
- 8/6/2001 1:49:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

The bottom line is that Yes, Virginia adjacent hex damage is not "done right". But assuming that every HE bomb or shell has a 25m area of effect and sliding that around is LESS ACCURATE (ie more wrong) than the way we do things curently assuming the total probability of casualty producing effect is "spread out" over a 0-2 hex radius based on warhead size. So, the bottom line is there will be completely different way of doing it in CL that should increase sales of Madonna' new album, and attendance at American Religious services, while causing a revisionist re-enterpretation of the 30 Years War as a product not of Protestant vs Roman Catholic Germans, but actually because of the effect of Baroque music on post Medieval youth. :eek: With that I close this thread ... one destined for the "Most OT stuff in the shortest thread" award in the Forum Hall of Fame :cool: [ August 05, 2001: Message edited by: Paul Vebber ] [ August 05, 2001: Message edited by: Paul Vebber ]

(in reply to Khan7)
Post #: 33
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI