Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> After Action Reports >> Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 10/22/2003 4:18:01 AM   
wobbly

Is anyone still reading this or is the fact Herbie manages to get his results in first making the allied version loose its thunder?

Anyway...
The weather controls all today.
My Carrier force under Spruance races towards the Carriers Herbie-san hasn't moved in between Woodlark and Munda. Mitscher continues North at best speed.
Lee redies his ships to face what looks like the whole Japanese Cruiser force baring down on GG. I am running out of surface units to defend the place with. Replacements are unavailable for 10 days at Noumea (which of course does not count the time it takes to get to the battle zone).

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 10/25/42

Weather: Thunderstorms

Sub attack at 20,3

Japanese Ships
AP Nojima Maru

Allied Ships
SS Albacore

Albacore expends her last torps (for no hits) and starts teh long return journey to GG.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on Gili Gili , at 17,42

Japanese aircraft
J1N1-R Irving x 1

Allied aircraft
P-40E Kittyhawk x 5
P-40E Warhawk x 2
P-38G Lightning x 2

Japanese aircraft losses
J1N1-R Irving x 1 damaged

Just a recon flight with the most notable difference that Herbie-san will have evidence a new fighter has joined the conflict.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Port Moresby

Japanese Bombardment attack

Attacking force 1696 troops, 30 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 12578 troops, 95 guns, 0 vehicles

Allied ground losses:
Men lost 26

Ground combat at Port Moresby

Allied Bombardment attack

Attacking force 12558 troops, 95 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 19909 troops, 241 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese ground losses:
Men lost 2

Allied ground losses:
Men lost 4

Spruance was in perfect position to hit the incoming cruiser force - and more likely the carriers - this turn. Unfortunately the weather socks in the TF and nothing is able to get off the decks. I really don't know the composition of the enemy carrier force. I expect it may be a medium (like Junyo or it's sister and one of the crappy little ones). This should not be a hamper for the 2 full size Carriers of Spruance's force. Therefore he orders them to head to the open ocean just beside the opening at the top of the main coral reef beside GG. Spruance has proved his metal before - I have every faith in him.

Mitscher, on the other hand, is untried. He continues charging North and should be off the West coast of Russel Island tomorrow. He is attempting to find the perpetrators of the tanker massacre. If he can't find them it will be an assault on any shipping at Lunga or maybe he will have the range for Munda.

The tankers themselves head south towards Noumea - the damaged one (can't remember it's name) is in dire straits.

The rested (one day) bomber forces at GG and DBD ready themselves for hitting any stragglers from the battle at GG likely to happen in the night. I think I am heavily outnumbered and after tonight this is only going to get worse. He owns the night but I own the day. If he is in range come sun up the airforce will make him pay.

GG harbour is again full of damaged ships and I dont expect to be able to keep them all. Currently Herbie-san is interested in my airfields so my ships are being let off, will this last....

(in reply to wobbly)
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> After Action Reports >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI