Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Weirdest bug I have ever seen (MCNA)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Weirdest bug I have ever seen (MCNA) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Weirdest bug I have ever seen (MCNA) - 8/4/2001 6:18:00 AM   
Hortlund

So I got my copy of MCNA today. Eager to play, I installed it at once. After install I upgraded it to 6.1 naturally. After some intense reading and browsing to get the feel for the desert I started battle nr one. Here is what happened: 70 % of my forces were invisible...yup invisible. An empty hex surrounded by darkened hexes indicating where I could move. I could move the units but it was really hard to figure out where they went :) When I right clicked on the empty hex I got the unit stats as normal. Weird thing is that I could see my tanks and PSW's, but not my infantry or my halftracks. Upon clicking randomly over the map I found lots of units. Also, I saw the entire British setup. Every single unit, including those that I could not possibly have LOS to. So what to do next? Should I reinstall and play it on 5.3 instead of upgrading to 6.1? Has anyone else seen this? (Sorry if this is old news that has been discussed, I've been away from the board for a couple of weeks). Ive got a savefile of this original bug if someone is interested. Steve

The era of procrastination, of half-measures, of soothing and baffling expedients, of delays, is coming to a close.
In its place we are entering a period of consequences..
Post #: 1
- 8/4/2001 7:29:00 AM   
AlvinS

I have had the same problem a couple of times. It first occured on my 8th scenario of the mega campaign. I would exit the game and come back in and things would be normal. It has not happend for a while. You are the only other person I have heard to have this problem. Anyone else out there experience the same thing? Alvins

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ---Mark Twain

Naval Warfare Simulations

AlvinS

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 2
- 8/4/2001 9:31:00 AM   
Supervisor

If you installed over an earlier version of SPWAW than that might be the problem, try installing it clean and then upgrade. Some gamers experienced weird problems when installing over previous versions.

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 3
- 8/4/2001 9:12:00 PM   
Hortlund

Well, not really. I did a clean install of ver 5.3 since it comes with the MC disk. I then upgraded it to 6.1. Problem solved however thanks to Mosh. After a quick delete and reinstall it works like a charm.

The era of procrastination, of half-measures, of soothing and baffling expedients, of delays, is coming to a close.
In its place we are entering a period of consequences..

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 4
- 8/4/2001 11:39:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Send me your save. Rick, Louie Marsh and I tested the campaign numerous times and we never saw these invisible units. I'd like to take a look. I have no idea why this is happening..Wild Bill bwilder@bellsouth.net

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 5
- 8/6/2001 2:41:00 AM   
skukko

WB : Did you get save-file of it ? I have it and can send it to you also. Its really odd as unit-icons don't work but all else does; -available hexes to move and basic moving :D amazing... I thought that mech.exe had lost its connections/ links to *.shp and *.lbms. ?? But his game is working now and that is good ;) mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 6
- 8/6/2001 9:01:00 PM   
TheZel66

I've seen this once before when I started up a saved campaign. I closed down SP, and started it right back up, and things were fine..

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 7
- 8/6/2001 9:07:00 PM   
bobaloo000

quote:

Originally posted by TheZel: I've seen this once before when I started up a saved campaign. I closed down SP, and started it right back up, and things were fine..
First time I started MCNA I could see every enemy force, but none of mine. I shut down, rebooted, and presto back to normal.

Mister I'm not a boy no I'm a man/and I believe in the promised land...

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 8
- 8/6/2001 9:59:00 PM   
Larry Holt

quote:

Originally posted by Panzerjaeger Hortlund: [snip] Here is what happened: 70 % of my forces were invisible...yup invisible....Also, I saw the entire British setup. Every single unit, including those that I could not possibly have LOS to.
While you fixed this I have seen a similar issue after editing scenarios. If I was editing the AIP side, then started to play the scenario, I would start out seeing the AIP units but not mine.

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 9
- 8/6/2001 10:39:00 PM   
Hans

quote:

Originally posted by Wild Bill: ... we never saw these invisible units. ...
Isn't that the whole Problem? ;) Hans

dulce et decorum est pro patria mori.

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Weirdest bug I have ever seen (MCNA) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI