Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 10/25/2003 2:28:09 AM   
mendaliv

Could always play regular Starships Unlimited... Or not.
Man I'm a loser, I'm taking all this time to get back into Counter-Strike.

Anyway, here's a bit of an economics-oriented method of encouraging Matrix to hurry the hell up:

Brand Loyalty is one of the most important features in markets like computer software. You release a patch quickly and if it is well-documented, people will think "Ooh, that Matrix Games company really has it together! If a game comes out from them, and it doesn't work right, I can feel confident that the problem will be fixed quickly!"

However, this is NOT what is the case here. What we have with Matrix Games right now is this: "Oh man, it's been MONTHS since that stupid problem was introduced into the game, and we've not gotten any patch, or any information from the publisher about when it will be fixed. I don't think I want to buy software from Matrix Games in the future!"

The same problem applies to trying to sell shares in the company (of course, MatrixGames might not work like this); if people are very confident in the company, and they feel they provide a good and well-maintained product, they're more likely to invest as individuals. However, when months go by with a known issue not being officially fixed, the idea of buying stock in the company never enters into their head.

Get on the stick Matrix. Your future depends upon it. Right now you're just a small-time publishing house. If you want to attract more investors, more customers, and more developer clients, you need to improve your system!

(in reply to dragoniv)
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI