Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 11/5/2003 10:56:26 PM   
David boutwell

Tracer,

I found the muzzle flashes in the mbmuz.shp file. I had seen them in there before, when I was using UNSHP.EXE to go through all of the non-terrain and icon shp files, but didn't recognize them for what they were, as, in the game the muzzle flash happens so quickly, you don't really recognize the string of icons that make it look that way!

Since locating the file, I have modified it to where, instead of one muzzle flash, you see a line of them, plus puffs of smoke that fade. It is very cool, and I like starting a scenario and getting into a firefight just to watch the muzzle flashes. It adds a heck of a lot to the action!

I feel sorry for the Civil War enthusiast who will have to process all at once all of the new things that I've added to this mod. Think of what it was like the first time you played SPWAW, and that was the culmination of several changes that had happened to SP over several years. We kind-of had the opportunity to ease into it. With this mod, It wil be kind of like playing the old SP for the first time, but with all of the bells and whistles of SPWAW. That's not to say that this mod. will not have a million things that could be improved. I'm sure that it will. Most of the things that I've done are audio and visual changes, and text changes to the mech.exe file. The game engine and source code is still SPWAW. I wish that I could change some things to better reflect Civil War combat, as well as to allow a greater variety of infantry icons, as opposed to the variety being in the vehicle icons, but I don't have the ability to make those changes. But it is still very fun to play, and it doesn't "feel" at all like a Civil War game with a WWII "body". I hope that someone out there with the ability to make those improvements thinks that they COULD do better!

Regards,

David Boutwell

As for the crater files, I'll check those two files you mentioned.

Thanks for the response!

Davis Boutwell

(in reply to tracer)
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI