Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

aDDING PUNCH TO YOUR AIRBORNE ASSAULTS

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> aDDING PUNCH TO YOUR AIRBORNE ASSAULTS Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
aDDING PUNCH TO YOUR AIRBORNE ASSAULTS - 11/5/2003 10:19:17 PM   
Commander Klank

I'm sure this might not be new to some of you guys but I figure I'd post this anyways :)

I've been experimenting with adding glider delivered AT guns into my airborne assaults. Most 75mm and blow AT guns can be loaded into a glider. This can be a nasty surprise to an opponent who sends the usual complement of light armor to go deal with a pesky airborne drop the just happened in his rear zone on turn 11 :D

While it’s true the AT guns are pretty much stick where they land they can be pushed a bit by their crews and with a little planning you can get them into good position. The key is make sure you have a turn or two before they have to fight the enemy. Landing them in the middle of an enemy task force is suicide.

I even managed to set up an ambush for a group of reinforcements coming into the game from the rear reinforcement flag. My opponent had to waste time and armor (he lost several tanks and HTs) fighting through and destroying the ambush.

I usually use the mid caliber AT guns (50, 57mm) as they have a good punch and a high ROF. Give it a try…then blame it on me…LOL

Commander Klank

Post #: 1
- 11/6/2003 2:48:16 AM   
Vathailos

In long campaigns, I typically buy 2 cargo planes and a glider to use in my Assault/Advance missions.

Love the effect, and I've been using a variant of your tactic for a while now.

Remember to look at the carry capicity of your cargo planes. The DFS 230 can carry 110 IRRC. That means it could do a 50mm AT gun and 2 PzShreck teams ;).

If you see a UK gilder, be VERY wary. Reason being, the Hamilcars could have light tanks! :eek:

One Tupelov could drop 5 X 12.7mm Dshk HMGs and 5 X SO Bazooka teams, or alternately 1 X Paratrooper Squad (12), 2 X 12.7mm Dshk, 2 X SO Bazooka, and 1 X Sapper Squad (6) - my personal favorite :D.

(in reply to Commander Klank)
Post #: 2
- 11/6/2003 3:28:22 AM   
gainiac

As the American's it's quite simple to drop a jeep with the AT gun as well, thereby eliminating the guns mobility problem!!!!!!!!

(in reply to Commander Klank)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> aDDING PUNCH TO YOUR AIRBORNE ASSAULTS Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI