Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Revisiting a theory..

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Revisiting a theory.. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Revisiting a theory.. - 11/7/2003 8:46:17 AM   
Orzel Bialy

I know that someone, somewhere down the line asked this question once before so I'm going to ask it once more...just for the Hell of it.

I know that the EAW community (European Air War) had programmers who made file managers so that you could load different skins/terrains/campaigns for the game engine to utilize. Want the Russian front with all Eastern front planes, terrain, voice packs and what not...you chose it...then you could switch to North Africa or the Pacific...yadda yadda yadda.

Now...since we had people make different seasonal icons (winter/summer tanks and infantry) wouldn't a manager be a nice asset? Not to mention wouldn't a file manager open the door that might allow whole expanded sets of unit lbm's to created for specific battles/fronts or campaigns???....or even more specialized terrain tiles???

The question is (I'm not a programmer) whether the SPWAW game engine will work with this type of file manager?

Anyways...I just thought it was an idea worth throwing out there. ;)

Post #: 1
- 11/7/2003 9:04:43 AM   
Irinami

Dude, this would be pretty easy. Someone could make a DOS batch file. You would need one .zip file (preferrably a self-extracting archive, actually) for the standard icons, and one for each "package." Double-click on the batch file, type in the name of the .zip you want to use. Viola! EG, if the default one were named 'default.zip', you could run the .bat file, it would prompt you for a name. You'd enter 'default' and it would automagically do so.

Heck. You could just double-click on the archive if it were a self-extracting one.

Newbies!!
Wild Bill's Tanks at Munda Mini-Campaign. The training campaign for comb

(in reply to Orzel Bialy)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Revisiting a theory.. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI