Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Altitude effect for CAP...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> RE: Altitude effect for CAP... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Altitude effect for CAP... - 2/17/2004 5:04:53 AM   
mariovalleemtl

I am sorry Oleg to see that you don't agree with the fact of dices bringing F.O.W. in wargaming. Black box major problem is the difficuty to improuved the data base because only the designers could change anythink. Tables in this games are very complex. X planes attack Y planes at Z altitude in this waether, that fatigue, etc. All that with a touch of luck. Because you know, when a CA fire at a other CA at max range, the chance to get a hit are very low. This is what the ''dices'' (or %) are for.

I like games where I could change tables when I dont agree with the desision of the designers. It is not a question here of controling everythink. With good tables, the F.O.W. and the luck do the rest. Voila.

mario

(in reply to Oleg Mastruko)
Post #: 31
RE: Altitude effect for CAP... - 2/17/2004 5:24:57 AM   
SouthernAP

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mario Vallée

I like games where I could change tables when I dont agree with the desision of the designers. It is not a question here of controling everythink. With good tables, the F.O.W. and the luck do the rest. Voila.

mario

If my faulty memory serves me right there is a famous quote about the way the Japanese wargamed the Midway operation and how the umpires ruled out luck on behalf of the opposing side and this allowed the Japanese side to win the game. The umpires did this to appease thier senior commanders. Historically the changes made during the game actually occured during the real life battle.

(in reply to mariovalleemtl)
Post #: 32
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> RE: Altitude effect for CAP... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI