Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A couple of features I’d like to see…

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> A couple of features I’d like to see… Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A couple of features I’d like to see… - 11/15/2003 4:30:45 AM   
barnacle bob

A couple of features I’d like to see…

The ability to set altitudes for both primary and secondary missions. Right now I want my B25s to attack any ships they can or attack Rabual. If I set the altitude to 100 they do well against ships but get mauled by AA at Rabual. If I set the altitude for 15k to 20k they do poor against ships and great against Rabual.

It’d be nice if the game kept track of submariners. I would like to see how much tonnage my skippers are sending to the bottom of the ocean
Post #: 1
- 11/15/2003 4:33:38 AM   
UncleBuck

I really like the idea of trackign my Sub skippers or even tonnage of a particular boat. I woud also like to see an easier interface for carrier planes. Maybe CV's coudl be treated like littel airfields. Instead of having to selct each button then back out to get teh next group on the same ship ec. All A/C from that ship are in buttons at bottom lke an airfield.

UB

(in reply to barnacle bob)
Post #: 2
RE: - 2/6/2004 7:20:55 PM   
barnacle bob

Way points.

Example...I'm running convoys to Port Moresby. The Japs have stationed a couple of subs along the route. I would like to be able order my task force to Port Moresby but not take a direct path. I would establish as many way points as I choose and then forget about the TF until it returns home.

Or when I send my carriers out. I could have them cruise to point A, then point B, so on and so on. If they don't come across any enemy carriers they would carry out their raids on targets near each way point and return home/stay on station/et cetra.

(in reply to UncleBuck)
Post #: 3
RE: A couple of features I’d like to see… - 2/10/2004 3:12:43 PM   
barnacle bob

Approximate course and speed of contacts.

If one of my subs or patrol aircraft sights an enemy taskforce I would like to know it’s course and speed so I can intercept, avoid, get move my aircraft to another base to avoid the bombardment.

I don’t want it’s destination. Maybe Cardinal bearings (NORTH, SOUTHWEST, NORTHEAST, et cetera) and slow (0-10 knots), normal (11-20 knots), fast (21-40 knots). Something along those lines.

Post #: 4
Payload management - 2/10/2004 3:41:30 PM   
Odin

Heavy Bombs and torpedos against ships and cluster and fire bombs against airfields!

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> A couple of features I’d like to see… Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI