Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC Game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC Game Page: <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 1/9/2014 1:18:49 PM   
celebrindal

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mayhemizer

How about "Edit button". In case of some bugs or mistakes it would be nice (if all players agree) to be able to move/delete etc units.

Not asking to do it right away, but I would like it in a distant future.

For example if a bug prevents you to do a port attack / naval combat, you can resolve it manually and remove some ships.

Sometimes you might forget to move some units on the edge of map, it is easier with PC version than physical map. If opponent is merciful you could move it using "edit" rather that reload and possibly go trough a combat phase.

+1

Would help with some of the goofy supply stuff, you could then just splat the unit that should have been out of supply and easy to kill.

(in reply to Mayhemizer_slith)
Post #: 751
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 1/14/2014 4:00:18 PM   
Archpsyche

Please implement the option that eliminates ZOC during the surprise impulse. That shouldn't be too hard I think, and would improve the game a lot in my eyes.

(in reply to celebrindal)
Post #: 752
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 2/1/2014 6:56:09 PM   
jardail

An AI to play against would be nice. Imagine my surprise when I purchased this thing and was going through the tutorial videos, saw that the tutorial had an AI mode, but the actual game does not.

I've rarely if ever felt screwed by MG. But this one.. yeah, I would not have paid 100.00 for a game that had no AI option. This needs to be put back in. Playing both ends against the middle is, in a word Bovine Excrement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Heath

Hi Guys

As I am sure you can see we have lost a lost of good post and all of the World In Flame posts. I know you all put a lot of time into commenting on the game. We do not ask this lightly but we would like you to please start it up again. We want and need your input in order to insure the best game possible.

David

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 753
RE: Uncertainty - 2/1/2014 7:01:51 PM   
jardail

What he said.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cheesehead

It's easy for those of you with local opponents to say "don't worry about AI, it's not important, just get us the game on PC." Those of us who have been unsuccessfully searching for local opponents have a different attitude. If 9 out of 10 potential buyers of this game are without local opponents, it's worth attempting AI.

(in reply to Cheesehead)
Post #: 754
RE: Uncertainty - 2/1/2014 7:09:57 PM   
jardail

When you do not put an AI into a wargame, you will, by default, lose a certain sector of your customer base. Not to have one in this game, in my opinion, isn't very bright. What's the difference I ask, between solitaire and hot seat? Answer? None, it's the very same mode, only you don't have another REAL opponent and you can't see all of your opponent's pieces in hot seat.

Sure do hope that this is addressed soon.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Caranorn

I almost certainly won't even find a single WiF or CWiF player in my country. But over the internet that is not a limiting factor. TCP or Pbem can get you those opponents and the onlty question will be how many turns you can coordinate to play per week. And the same way I played WiF the boardgame solo for years (since version 4 iirc) I will be able to play CWiF solo in hotseat mode (I played Chris's demo that way too).

Marc aka Caran...

P.S.: Don't worry about opponents now, WiF has a good fan base now and I'm certain it will expand for CWiF, almost any time zone you live in you will find a number of good and dedicated players.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cheesehead

It's easy for those of you with local opponents to say "don't worry about AI, it's not important, just get us the game on PC." Those of us who have been unsuccessfully searching for local opponents have a different attitude. If 9 out of 10 potential buyers of this game are without local opponents, it's worth attempting AI.

(in reply to Caranorn)
Post #: 755
RE: Uncertainty - 2/1/2014 9:02:52 PM   
Dabrion

I think there should be more "World in Flames" in it!

“WiF is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it.”
- Richard P. Feynman, 'WiF, Sex, and the Dual Slit Experiment'.

(in reply to jardail)
Post #: 756
RE: Uncertainty - 2/1/2014 9:46:53 PM   
Centuur

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dabrion

I think there should be more "World in Flames" in it!

Nonsense... It's the game, isn't it...

< Message edited by Centuur -- 2/1/2014 10:47:25 PM >

Peter

(in reply to Dabrion)
Post #: 757
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 2/1/2014 11:03:24 PM   
paulderynck

quote:

ORIGINAL: Leatherneck_MT

An AI to play against would be nice. Imagine my surprise when I purchased this thing and was going through the tutorial videos, saw that the tutorial had an AI mode, but the actual game does not.

I've rarely if ever felt screwed by MG. But this one.. yeah, I would not have paid 100.00 for a game that had no AI option. This needs to be put back in. Playing both ends against the middle is, in a word Bovine Excrement.

If you read what you were buying - where it says what the product includes, on the Matrix page where you start the buying process - and then you bought it anyway?

Paul

(in reply to jardail)
Post #: 758
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 2/1/2014 11:15:51 PM   
Dabrion

It's not like they write on the box "inside you will find nothing".. There are four screens worth of marketing gibberish. Somewhere towards the the end is a note that sends you to a forum post. A forum post that can be edited ad libitum..

And then people in this forum are gathering to laugh at the poor lads falling for the scam.. advising to read the small print next time.. sad world!

< Message edited by Dabrion -- 2/2/2014 1:58:54 AM >

“WiF is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it.”

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 759
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 2/2/2014 12:42:01 AM   
paulderynck

well hidden...

Attachment (1)

Paul

(in reply to Dabrion)
Post #: 760
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 2/2/2014 12:58:11 AM   
Dabrion

touche ;) Ill file that as another small print rant...

Could you give one more of your "caveat emptor biac!" statements? Or Warspite perhaps?!

< Message edited by Dabrion -- 2/2/2014 2:19:22 AM >

Post #: 761
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 2/2/2014 1:14:11 AM   
Primarchx

I just bought it too, after watching the video tutorials and seeing an AI option there. Never thought it wouldn't have a programmed opponent and didn't notice the 'small print'. Oh well, it will take me quite a while to master this thing so I can wait for the AI option I hear is coming.

(in reply to Dabrion)
Post #: 762
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 2/2/2014 1:21:03 AM   
Dabrion

My condolence!

(in reply to Primarchx)
Post #: 763
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 2/2/2014 5:06:57 AM   
warspite1

quote:

touche ;) Ill file that as another small print rant...

Could you give one more of your "caveat emptor biac!" statements? Or Warspite perhaps?!
warspite1

Sure, if that's what you want

When making a purchase its up to the buyer to check what he's buying. Matrix have made clear in the product page there is no AI, there is no PBEM - this is not hidden, please see post 760 - and, to the right of that, they advise in bold and italics, that any potential purchaser should read a forum post (to which they provide the link) re the state of multiplayer. In addition, even the most cursory glance at the MWIF Forum (as of 2/2/14) you will see the following threads:

- No Patch today?
- Moved Bugs during Netplay global war air supply causing hang up of
- Moved Bugs during Netplay global war naval movement causing hang up
- Net play where are we?

In addition there is the Tech Support forum. Again, no time consuming reading required, just a cursory look at thread titles:

- netplay issue
- Netplay bug when overrunning ships
- air to air combat error
- barbarossa scenario - can't proceed to next phase
etc etc etc

Alternatively you could have a quick peek at the last posts of the After Action Reports. How many have come to a halt through bugs?

Given all of the above, then yes, I would say that anyone purchasing the game from Matrix is getting what they were correctly sold.

Is that what you wanted?

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to Dabrion)
Post #: 764
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 2/3/2014 10:29:39 AM   
pwncake111

@Primarchx, LOL i had the same problem as you did, didn't read the little part saying NO IA. Because i have seen turorials and screenshots with the IA option, that is why i purchased the game.
Then started it and found no option, searching thru the articles didn't find anything about the IA. Until this post. So this means they are trying to implement IA OR NOT? Another question is about the rules, when i see the posts or video's all options can be turned on , but when i start a new game several options are greyed out. like V weapons ,ZOC, and some more, how do i turn those options on??
For the rest really like the game sofar, big learning experience and i have to get used to play all the sides.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 765
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 2/3/2014 6:35:24 PM   
jardail

I expect a company that i have dealt with for years to do some basic things. When I have to start second guessing them as to what they are including in a game, then it's time for me to stop doing business with them. That also IS an option. I am expressing my opinion, as was asked. If you do not like my opinion don't read it or ignore it.

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

quote:

ORIGINAL: Leatherneck_MT

If you read what you were buying - where it says what the product includes, on the Matrix page where you start the buying process - and then you bought it anyway?

Post #: 766
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 2/3/2014 6:36:57 PM   
paulderynck

The AI will be provided later. See http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2424874&mpage=2� Post #47

Not all options were in the initial release, see Players Manual, Volume 1, pages 4,5 and 6.

< Message edited by paulderynck -- 2/3/2014 7:37:47 PM >

Paul

(in reply to pwncake111)
Post #: 767
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 2/3/2014 6:40:15 PM   
Dabrion

I wish there was an option to provide payment later..

< Message edited by Dabrion -- 2/3/2014 7:43:02 PM >

Post #: 768
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 2/3/2014 6:41:15 PM   
paulderynck

quote:

I there was an option to provide payment later..

We take back the compliments about your English.

Paul

(in reply to Dabrion)
Post #: 769
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 2/3/2014 6:44:07 PM   
jardail

[/quote]
[/quote]

Really?

Attachment (1)

Post #: 770
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 2/3/2014 6:46:36 PM   
jardail

Well that's some good news.

quote:

The AI will be provided later. See http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2424874&mpage=2� Post #47

Not all options were in the initial release, see Players Manual, Volume 1, pages 4,5 and 6.

Post #: 771
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 2/3/2014 6:50:02 PM   
Dabrion

quote:

quote:

I there was an option to provide payment later..

We take back the compliments about your English.

Are you starting to troll me? Grand!

Post #: 772
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 2/3/2014 7:01:10 PM   
paulderynck

No more so than you have done to most others throughout this thread.

Paul

(in reply to Dabrion)
Post #: 773
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 2/3/2014 7:38:14 PM   
Viktor_Kormel_slith

Maybe, in a far future, I would like no restrictions, except by the total manpower for each nation, in the mix of the counters. For example, Why the germans only can produce one marine corps or a limited number of CV? And the same for other nations. In the board game have sense cause you are limited by the real counter mix but in MWIF there is no such limitation. Maybe would be necessary some kind of extra building costs to simulate the researching efforts but it would not be very complex to code. With this option, MWIF would get another new plethora of strategies posibilities...
I think it would be very fun! Imagine a dreadful combined Kriegsmarine!

Sorry, for my bad english! "Wiffing" since 1990 to the tomb!

Post #: 774
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 2/4/2014 8:06:33 AM   
pwncake111

Hi paulderynck, thank you for the link, i see we are going to use 4 scenario's with the IAO. Nice, it is just strange when you see on youtube the movies they have all the options available like ZOG etc.. but when you buy the game you cannot use it. Would it not be better to show the movies with the current version you buy?
For the rest keep up the good work, i see a new update and i know these games are getting improved by every update.

(in reply to Viktor_Kormel_slith)
Post #: 775
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 2/4/2014 6:30:43 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: pwncake111

Hi paulderynck, thank you for the link, i see we are going to use 4 scenario's with the IAO. Nice, it is just strange when you see on youtube the movies they have all the options available like ZOG etc.. but when you buy the game you cannot use it. Would it not be better to show the movies with the current version you buy?
For the rest keep up the good work, i see a new update and i know these games are getting improved by every update.

Most (9 of the 12) of the tutorial videos were made in 2009. I did go back and rerecord 2 of them (#1 and #6) last year, but the other 7 contain elements that did not make the first released version in November 2013. It took a lot of time and effort to record the videos and I decided that it was more important to work on other aspects of the game.

I should point out that when I recorded the videos I expected them to only available to customers who bought the game. Many people said they should be put on YouTube, so we did that.

I apologize for some of their inaccuracies, which range in size from small (calling Switzerland Sweden), to fairly large (the Scrap Unit digression was eliminated from the game, with all destroyed units now scrapped as a group immediately prior to the Production phase at the end of the turn). And there are a lot of small deviations which others have complained about (e.g., the AI Opponent mode of play shown as a choice on the Start New Game form).

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to pwncake111)
Post #: 776
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 2/5/2014 4:16:15 PM   
Horaf_1

I'd like to see a more dynamic host in Netplay. By this I mean a situation where a game is hosted, and can be joined by any invited player, without that player having the saved game file. Let the host computer send the necessary files to the other players. This will enable games to continue if one player drops out. It will also enable games to be picked up by different player in interesting situations (or tournament situations from a certain marked spot).

It would also remove what I foresee will be a cumbersome process of making sure 6 players are all joining the exact same phase, with the exact same ID number.

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 777
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 2/5/2014 6:23:40 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Freychris

I'd like to see a more dynamic host in Netplay. By this I mean a situation where a game is hosted, and can be joined by any invited player, without that player having the saved game file. Let the host computer send the necessary files to the other players. This will enable games to continue if one player drops out. It will also enable games to be picked up by different player in interesting situations (or tournament situations from a certain marked spot).

It would also remove what I foresee will be a cumbersome process of making sure 6 players are all joining the exact same phase, with the exact same ID number.

I should be able to address the problems you identify - although not necessarily in the manner you proposed. The problems do need a 'happy' solution.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Horaf_1)
Post #: 778
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 2/7/2014 6:04:55 PM   
WarHunter

The ability to merge saved oil into 1 counter.

“We never felt like we were losing until we were actually dead.”
Marcus Luttrell

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 779
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 6/10/2014 7:01:39 PM   
rdw5150

Hi!

Just bought the game (and I went into it knowing that there was no AI nor PBEM).

I would say that I would much rather have PBEM ability than AI at this point. AIs are always hard to pull off and in a game this complicated getting a suitable AI would be real hard.

I am pretty bummed that there is no PBEM (once again I knew it going in) though. It would seem that PBEM would be much more doable than AI. Maybe that is just wishful thinking on my part.

I am hoping for PBEM in the (near as possible) future as I think the game would get more play.

Peace

Roger

(in reply to WarHunter)
Post #: 780
Page:   <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC Game Page: <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI