Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

You Campaign Players out there

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> You Campaign Players out there Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
You Campaign Players out there - 8/24/2001 1:27:00 AM   
A_B

For those of you who might have missed it, a rather large group of us are working on a Long Russian Campaign - in a collective format. We've agreed to a core force, and a tentative storyboard. Each participant builds a few of the scenarios that produce the campaign. If you would like to participate or be added to the mailing list as a playtester, etc., drop me a line. Following is part of the text from todays update;
Update;

The Campaign Collective is working out better than I could have ever hoped. The collection of people here are surprisingly like-minded. I am in the fortunate position of being able to get hints of what is coming, and so would like to share a few things I’ve heard. Battle one is very hard – watch your flanks (both of them). For that matter, watch the middle as well J
Battle two – again, brutally hard.
Battle three – not so hard, but very tricky. Timing is CRITICAL
Battle six – Lu’s first scenario ever, so probably not too complex, but lets give a lot of encouragement and support in the hopes he’ll go on and build a dozen campaigns on his own.
Battle seven – Wild Bills, the defense of Moscow. The turn around point.
Battle eleven – this will be awesome. It is at Borodino, where the Russian turned around Napoleon. There will be an old earthen fort which the Germans are using.
Battle 11.5 – not hard, but you’ll have to push and prod to get through the hard stuff to the exit hex. What is so inspirational is that the idea of a collective campaign actually seems to be working. I have many of the first eight battles in. Obviously, there will be editing, and some changes based on after action reports. But just think about it. All of those campaigns you’ve wanted to see are now possible. Get a few of these guys to help, and the work load becomes manageable. Lets face it, if we can get the first 12 of these battles done, at this scale, we’ve already made the biggest campaign out there, excepting LLRtF and the MC. I’m sure the quality will be on the same level too, with all of the individual attention each battle is getting. Keep up the great work. Feel free to start calling the next set of battles that you want to build. There won’t be a big hurry though. Play testing the first 12 will take four to six weeks for even a very committed player.

Unconventional war requires unconventional thought
Post #: 1
- 8/24/2001 2:23:00 AM   
adantas

quote:

Originally posted by A_B:
For those of you who might have missed it, a rather large group of us are working on a Long Russian Campaign - in a collective format. We've agreed to a core force, and a tentative storyboard. Each participant builds a few of the scenarios that produce the campaign. If you would like to participate or be added to the mailing list as a playtester, etc., drop me a line. Following is part of the text from todays update;
Update;

The Campaign Collective is working out better than I could have ever hoped. The collection of people here are surprisingly like-minded. I am in the fortunate position of being able to get hints of what is coming, and so would like to share a few things I’ve heard. Battle one is very hard – watch your flanks (both of them). For that matter, watch the middle as well J
Battle two – again, brutally hard.
Battle three – not so hard, but very tricky. Timing is CRITICAL
Battle six – Lu’s first scenario ever, so probably not too complex, but lets give a lot of encouragement and support in the hopes he’ll go on and build a dozen campaigns on his own.
Battle seven – Wild Bills, the defense of Moscow. The turn around point.
Battle eleven – this will be awesome. It is at Borodino, where the Russian turned around Napoleon. There will be an old earthen fort which the Germans are using.
Battle 11.5 – not hard, but you’ll have to push and prod to get through the hard stuff to the exit hex. What is so inspirational is that the idea of a collective campaign actually seems to be working. I have many of the first eight battles in. Obviously, there will be editing, and some changes based on after action reports. But just think about it. All of those campaigns you’ve wanted to see are now possible. Get a few of these guys to help, and the work load becomes manageable. Lets face it, if we can get the first 12 of these battles done, at this scale, we’ve already made the biggest campaign out there, excepting LLRtF and the MC. I’m sure the quality will be on the same level too, with all of the individual attention each battle is getting. Keep up the great work. Feel free to start calling the next set of battles that you want to build. There won’t be a big hurry though. Play testing the first 12 will take four to six weeks for even a very committed player.

Hey mate!, this project sounds really interesting..I would like to give a hand also, just a question? this will intend to be played by which side?
tell me how I can help, ok? Alessandro --------------
Senta à Pua!!!

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 2
- 8/24/2001 6:27:00 AM   
Possum

Hello A_B.
I would like to volunteer to be a playtester, however I'm tied up with another project at present. I should be free in a month or so,(give or take a couple of weeks.) So if you still need playtesters then, I'd be glad to help

"We're having a war, and we want you to come!"
So the pig began to whistle and to pound on a drum.
"We'll give you a gun, and we'll give you a hat!"
And the pig began to whistle when they told the piggies that.

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 3
- 8/24/2001 6:29:00 AM   
A_B

Ok, email me at
danmonos@earthlink.net and i'll add you to the email list

Unconventional war requires unconventional thought

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 4
- 8/24/2001 12:48:00 PM   
skukko

Red Army needs you Adantas, jump in and try to kick some Germans mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 5
- 8/24/2001 7:28:00 PM   
adantas

quote:

Originally posted by skukko:
Red Army needs you Adantas, jump in and try to kick some Germans mosh
Hi Mate!, Hi Kamarade, I'm thinking to give a hand to our brave kamarades at the frontlines..and help some fascist to meet God!!
I must to admit that sounds strange to me play with another country..Ivan at this case but That's war!! --------------
Senta à Pua!!!

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> You Campaign Players out there Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI