Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

KP is running on one comp but not the other

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Korsun Pocket Support >> KP is running on one comp but not the other Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
KP is running on one comp but not the other - 2/9/2004 2:34:08 AM   
lv_bain

I can't get KP to work on my Alienware although it works fine on my lesser computer. First of all, when I load the game the SSG, Matrix Games, and KP movies appear in the upper left corner of the screen instead of centered. After I have skipped the intro the screen goes black. If I alt-tab out and reenter the game the screen is still black but if I move my cursor a visible trail of pixels appears. If I click on where the menu buttons are located the blackness is replaced by the proper background but the menu buttons are still invisible. The farthest I got was to actually load a tutorial lesson resulting in a grey field with invisible units.

Here are the specs for my Alienware: CPU Pentium4 3.0 ghz, 1024MB ram (DDR), Samsung CDRW/DVD SM-352b, GeForceFX 5900 Ultra (256MB), SB Audigy 2 sound card, DirectX9.0a

Here are the specs for my other comp: CPU Athlon 1.2 ghz, 512MB SDRAM, HP CD-Writer Plus, GeForce2 MX/MX 400, Philips Sound Agent 2 (WDM), DirectX9.0a

Both are running Windows XP Pro. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times to different directories, changed my desktop resolution, all with the same results. I've tried to update the game 3 times and failed due to an FTP error (#15 line 2) I don't know what else to do. Please help

lv_bain
Post #: 1
RE: KP is running on one comp but not the other - 2/9/2004 9:46:23 AM   
alexs

Hi lv_bain,
If you could create a dxdiag file (as per the instructions in the sticky in this forum) and then send it to me, i will be able to help you with this problem.

(in reply to lv_bain)
Post #: 2
RE: KP is running on one comp but not the other - 2/9/2004 11:31:44 AM   
lv_bain

alexs:

i emailed you my DXdiag. let me know if you didn't recieve it.

thanks

lv_bain

(in reply to alexs)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Korsun Pocket Support >> KP is running on one comp but not the other Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI