Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Op-fire targeting bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Op-fire targeting bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Op-fire targeting bug - 8/24/2001 7:15:00 AM   
Kharan

When an unit gets opfire, it may fire on it's previous target instead of the target that caused the opfire. It happens often in online, but can happen in single player too. It is not caused by lag (just played a LAN game with a ping less than 5ms and probably half of all opfires were at wrong targets). On the second opportunity fire, they seem to acquire the correct target. This may or may not have something to do with the following bugs: ***You can continue shooting at enemy units from the last turn, even if your unit does not see them anymore. ***Your own units sometimes display opportunity fire messages on your own turn. *** "T"-target screen still sometimes displays the "range 999" target. Fortunately, your units don't fire at this when you press "F" anymore.

Post #: 1
- 8/24/2001 11:51:00 AM   
David Heath

Hi This is something we have worked on for a while and just can not correct without undoing a lot of other items. Combat Leader will be a much better design code wise and allow us to address this.

(in reply to Kharan)
Post #: 2
- 8/24/2001 9:23:00 PM   
Larry Holt

quote:

Originally posted by Kharan:
When an unit gets opfire, it may fire on it's previous target instead of the target that caused the opfire. It happens often in online, but can happen in single player too. It is not caused by lag (just played a LAN game with a ping less than 5ms and probably half of all opfires were at wrong targets). On the second opportunity fire, they seem to acquire the correct target. This may or may not have something to do with the following bugs: ***You can continue shooting at enemy units from the last turn, even if your unit does not see them anymore. ***Your own units sometimes display opportunity fire messages on your own turn. *** "T"-target screen still sometimes displays the "range 999" target. Fortunately, your units don't fire at this when you press "F" anymore.

I am sure that this happened but I have never seen it. The first point of firing even if not seen is not a bug. This represents a simulation of the fog of war. The defending unit disappears from general view so its icon is not shown. However, those who had a good bead on it and were firing at it still see it. [ August 24, 2001: Message edited by: Larry Holt ]

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to Kharan)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Op-fire targeting bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI