Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Newerbefler Accuracy

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Newerbefler Accuracy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Newerbefler Accuracy - 9/18/2001 1:50:00 PM   
dacasals

Hi all I have been playing some scenarios with Newerbefler artillery (in the german side). The batteries work fine in the preeliminary bombardement phase, but when I tryed to use later, these batteries didn't appear to work. The rocket sounds appeared but I can see no explosion on the field. I didn't have the Fast artillery activated. What I'm doing wrong?, May be i have to had direct visibility over the target? Thanks all

Post #: 1
- 9/18/2001 5:17:00 PM   
Mikimoto

Hola Durruti.
Perhaps it has gone out of ammo. You must check the artillery rooster. Rocket arty has very low ammo loads.

Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio

(in reply to dacasals)
Post #: 2
- 9/18/2001 8:17:00 PM   
Stonefire

Hi
Hi
I have experienced the same thing.
But in real life the Nebelwerfer was very inaccurate, so when it had happened for me I just **** it as a miss / or dud. Can someone in the development team answer? Regards Stonefire
quote:

Originally posted by Mikimoto:
Hola Durruti.
Perhaps it has gone out of ammo. You must check the artillery rooster. Rocket arty has very low ammo loads.

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
-Erwin Rommel

(in reply to dacasals)
Post #: 3
- 9/18/2001 8:48:00 PM   
skukko

Heh-heh most obvious answer is that its out of ammo... Buy ammotruck or ammodump and keep it in adjcent hex with Nebelwerfer or 'Wurfie' , so does arty have ammo onboard. As mobility is name of the game in human against human, buy something that can move launchers, unless they can move themself. What it comes to accurary and how usefull launchers are, - They get infantry surely pinned up, but they are effective only against massive collection of units. They really ain't sharptroopers. I have used one platoon of wurfies (without ammodump/-truck) so that when opponents arty that is onboard has reached my limits I have launched rockets on them with line of sight, then I have retreated (atleast tried) them off the board. Now I have ammosupply working all the time and I don't buy rockets at all. Maybe.. mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to dacasals)
Post #: 4
- 9/18/2001 10:57:00 PM   
Jasper

A....did you on the weapon breakdown mode. This is what I found: Artillery unit like howitzer and mortar suffer lesser breakdown then as their rate of fire is restricted to 4 rounds but rockets depend on the tubes which are ready to fire. So the breakdown rate is higher. Maybe check whether the weapon had broken down. Somebody in this part of the forum had already argue on the part that rockets only broke down indivually but I think it is a restriction of the game then what the designer in Matrix wanted. If you are out of ammo, you cant even fire as the hex will be darken, but if your weapon broke down, they still can be plot but they wont not fire at all.

(in reply to dacasals)
Post #: 5
- 9/18/2001 11:17:00 PM   
Demento

Probably the ammo issue. They're good for 5 shots or something without an ammo dump. The mobile ones fire flame rockets as well, which aren't terribly useful on the defensive but utterly ANNIHILATE dug in infantry in the victory hex zones in an offensive battle. So I have two of them now. (two trucks - not battalions) Much better than conventional artillery in that regard. I'm probably using them in a tremendously unfair way, but I don't care.

(in reply to dacasals)
Post #: 6
- 9/18/2001 11:53:00 PM   
tracer

Does sound like its an ammo supply issue. I've noticed that when I upgrade core arty to werfers they start battles with 6 rockets and after they fire there's only one remaining. When you direct them to fire again that one rocket (sometimes 2) will cause the sound to play, but you won't see the big splash area that a full load creates. If they start the battle with 12 rockets, this occurs on the 3rd fire mission (assuming you don't have them adjacent to an ammo truck/dump).

Jim NSB

(in reply to dacasals)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Newerbefler Accuracy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI