Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Long, long, long, long, long road

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Long, long, long, long, long road Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Long, long, long, long, long road - 10/2/2001 1:39:00 AM   
achappelle

I've been playing SP for years, generally it's been generated Soviet campaigns. Something about all those T34s. Anyways, for the first time I tried the Long Road to Victory Campaign, playing the US. I also, for the first time turned AI advantage and Command and Control on. Wow. not only are the scens amazing, thanks WB, but C2 adds an incredible amount of challenge. I've always moved my platoons as one manuever group, but setting objectives, is a great touch. Just when you think you've explored all your options, this game gives you more. Excellent product Matrix, thank you.

"Molon Labe" - Leonidas @ Thermopylae (Come Get Them!!)
Post #: 1
- 10/2/2001 5:44:00 AM   
lnp4668

Once your troops got some experience under their belt, they should be able to blow through most of the opponents. I love that campaign because most of my forces are elite at the end

"My friends, remember this, that there are no bad herbs, and no bad men; there are only bad cultivators." Les Miserables

(in reply to achappelle)
Post #: 2
- 10/2/2001 7:17:00 AM   
Easy8

Just finished LLRTV today. I tried something new. My core forces consisted of 54 Ranger squads. Got 33 DV's and 1 draw. Just wordering, are the Soviet scenarios from "The Victors" campaign the hard or easy version?

"The problem with the future is that it keeps turning into the present" -Hobbes

(in reply to achappelle)
Post #: 3
- 10/2/2001 12:00:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Hoyah, Rangers! Now that is a very unique approach to the war! Probably not as historical as one might want, but Rangers get the job done, don't they? No tanks? Interesting concept. Victors The first one listed (Campaign #11) is the easy one. The second one listed is the harder one. I have yet to get some good DVs in the latter. Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to achappelle)
Post #: 4
- 10/2/2001 4:44:00 PM   
11Bravo

quote:

Originally posted by Easy8:
Just finished LLRTV today. I tried something new. My core forces consisted of 54 Ranger squads. Got 33 DV's and 1 draw. Just wordering, are the Soviet scenarios from "The Victors" campaign the hard or easy version?
You might try looking under Edit Campaign and see if you can find the answer?

Squatting in the bush and marking it on a map.

(in reply to achappelle)
Post #: 5
- 10/2/2001 7:52:00 PM   
Alexandra

I can answer that one. The 'Victors' used was the hard one, as it was the only one I'd downloaded when I decided to compile the three campaigns into Long Long Road. I need to get back to playing it myself, so I can take my Poles into France Alex

"Tonight a dynasty is born." Ricky Proehl, then of the Saint Louis Rams. He was right! Go Pats! Winners of Super Bowls 36, 38 and 39.

(in reply to achappelle)
Post #: 6
- 10/3/2001 12:17:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Yes, let me say Alexandra came up with the idea of combining the three smaller campaigns I did into one very large and as you say, looonng one. She did a great job. I liked the idea when she mentioned it and she spent a 'Long" time putting it altogether. She did a great job of it too. Its probably one of the longest campaigns in existence in any SP game you play. Good job, Stargirl. You did choose wisely the harder version of the Victors. By the time the player gets there, he has some pretty elite troops under his command. Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to achappelle)
Post #: 7
- 10/3/2001 2:40:00 AM   
Easy8

Alexandra and WBW, Thanks for your replies. Mr. Wilder, I have been a huge fan since the Novastar days, and I always enjoy Alexandra's AAR's. As to my all Ranger forces, I did that as a learning tool so I could learn how to use commandos effectively. I was very surprised at just how effective they are! I normally go with a combined arms core force and the campaign scenarios seem to be designed with that in mind. One can certainly see how choosing a-historical forces can imbalance those scenarios. Anyway, just my 2 cents,
Thanks [ October 02, 2001: Message edited by: Easy8 ]

"The problem with the future is that it keeps turning into the present" -Hobbes

(in reply to achappelle)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Long, long, long, long, long road Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI