Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What Nationality Do You Want in a MC?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> RE: What Nationality Do You Want in a MC? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
[Poll]

What Nationality Do You Want in a MC?

Russians
  26% (19)
Germans
  8% (6)
British
  15% (11)
Japanese
  7% (5)
US Army
  5% (4)
US Marines
  9% (7)
Canadians
  8% (6)
ANZAC
  8% (6)
Poles
  2% (2)
Italians
  7% (5)

Total Votes : 71

(last vote on : 6/28/2004 6:29:33 PM)
(Poll will run till: -- )
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What Nationality Do You Want in a MC? - 3/30/2004 8:20:15 AM   
Gallo Rojo

Just one more comment:
In case that a new MC is released, will I buy it?
I doubt it.

There're a few good reasons:
first: MC are too long and I don't have that much time to play
secondly: as long as the AI were not improved, play against it is really boring for me (that's the main reason why I pushed for CL)

last but not least: there's a bug in SPWaW that was never fixed that makes that units destroyed during campaigns never lost their acumulated experience ... and this bug ruins any long campaign and MC are by definition long campaigns ... I was excited playing Russian Steel until my Soviet Tank Co become an imposible elite unit with more than 110 experience points by mid 1942 ... and the same playing MCNA.

So, honestely: why don't concentrate the effort in CL? (or at least fix that bug in SPWaW before any new MC?)

best
Gallo

The bayonet is a weapon with a worker on each end

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 31
RE: What Nationality Do You Want in a MC? - 3/30/2004 8:28:44 AM   
Sonni

Finns in the continuation war. Especially the Russian offensive in 1944 would make a great game in my opinion.

(in reply to Gallo Rojo)
Post #: 32
RE: What Nationality Do You Want in a MC? - 3/31/2004 6:47:11 PM   
Wild Bill

I like very much the idea from Recon on a USMC Island Hopping campaign. That would be something I would enjoy doing.

I'm impressed with this poll and your preferences. The fact that the Russians are ahead surprises me. It is something work considering.

What about, say, Stalingrad, or better said the summer-winter of 1942. Would you prefer it from the Russian or German side? I don't think I've ever seen any sort of campaign done as the Russians in the fight for the city.

BUT...The Germans are the underdogs here, well not initially, but that changes. I think a Mega Campaign with two main threads, say as part of the Sixth Army attacking and then getting trapped as the first thread. The second one would be you taking a role as part of Manstein's rescue force.

So you would essentially have two MCs in one. You could play it through inside the pocket and then outside the pocket trying to get to the trapped comrades. Of course that would have to be from the German side.

What do you think? Opinions?

The second impression I get here is the lack of interest in the US Army. Even the Japanese are a percentage point ahead of the GI! Now that does surprise me!

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to bob55)
Post #: 33
RE: What Nationality Do You Want in a MC? - 3/31/2004 6:56:48 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

In the end, when all the polling is done, all I really want for an MC, is "another" MC hehe.

Hey, does anyone really think they won't want it, regardless of what when or where it is done?

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 34
RE: What Nationality Do You Want in a MC? - 3/31/2004 6:58:05 PM   
Wild Bill

Anything is possible, especially with me, Sarge. You know that!

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Les_the_Sarge_9_1)
Post #: 35
RE: What Nationality Do You Want in a MC? - 3/31/2004 7:09:20 PM   
KG Erwin

Bill, taking your twin-thread campaign as a starting point, then why not one thread as the Germans, and another one as the Russians?
On the one hand, you could take the German POV in the attempt to capture Stalingrad. On the other hand, one could take the Russian POV as the attacker in the counteroffensive of Winter 42-43, as the strategic initiative began to inexorably shift. Cresting wave/shifting tide?

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 36
RE: What Nationality Do You Want in a MC? - 3/31/2004 7:21:15 PM   
Wild Bill

Actually Gallo Rojo, the MC-SE (latest) is much easier to play. The threads are shorter. The 327th can be played in 10-12 battles.

The longest is the 506th and it is only 25.

So you don't spend as much time playing one thread. Now you can play, finish, rest and try a new one.

Gunny, in MC you can't mix nationalities. The initial core force has to be in every battle to one degree or another. So putting Russians and Germans in the same MC to be played by a human can't be done. Too bad. THe idea is a good one.

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 37
RE: What Nationality Do You Want in a MC? - 3/31/2004 7:22:03 PM   
mogami

Hi, Is it possible to design a MC where you could play either side? Or would you need to do 2 campaigns using the same battles? Is there such a thing as a 2 player MC?

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 38
RE: What Nationality Do You Want in a MC? - 3/31/2004 7:39:50 PM   
KG Erwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wild Bill

Gunny, in MC you can't mix nationalities. The initial core force has to be in every battle to one degree or another. So putting Russians and Germans in the same MC to be played by a human can't be done. Too bad. THe idea is a good one.

That's unfortunate, so I'd have to go with a campaign feturing the Russians. Stalingrad would still be good--desperate defense followed by a devastating but costly counterattack.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 39
RE: What Nationality Do You Want in a MC? - 3/31/2004 7:43:56 PM   
mogami

Hi, In order to do it I think you would need to design 2 MC. The core force for each side would need to be in every battle (in one it would be German in the other Russian) Players would know the battles from one side after playing a MC and then would get to change hats and fight the same battles from the other side.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 40
RE: What Nationality Do You Want in a MC? - 4/2/2004 12:48:26 AM   
mattenhoff

TA-DAA!!!!

Fifth vote for the Finns! We ain't giving up!

C'mon, you would love the Finnish "White death" MC, guys.

deal?

(in reply to mogami)
Post #: 41
RE: What Nationality Do You Want in a MC? - 4/2/2004 12:57:00 AM   
robot

After playing 3 great battles as the Japebese against Russia and now the Chinese. I vote Japanese. Dont really know how many times or how many battles a Japenes regiment fought in. Nor how many different places or such. But just think of a MC devoted mostly to the fighting man and not all the big monsters of machinery. Also all thru the war they never had a lot of really kool stuff, most of it was outdated.

Robots wear armor for skin.Grunts wear skin for armor.

(in reply to bob55)
Post #: 42
RE: What Nationality Do You Want in a MC? - 4/2/2004 2:39:34 AM   
John David

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wild Bill

Actually Gallo Rojo, the MC-SE (latest) is much easier to play. The threads are shorter. The 327th can be played in 10-12 battles.

The longest is the 506th and it is only 25.

So you don't spend as much time playing one thread. Now you can play, finish, rest and try a new one.

I agree, it's too bad we can't mix nationalities!

I still think that we have had 2 of the 4 MC's so far from the German side, so a Russian perspective is IMO, imperative. It could be picked up to coincide with the time when MCLV is ending, and then picked up from the Russian point of view.

I think Bill that maybe around the time that the 6th Army begins to get caught in the trap that forms around Stalingrad, and the momentum of the battle begins to shift in the direction of the Russians, would be a neat place to start. Then the MC could progress through '42 & '43 culminating maybe in lets say... KURSK!!

After all, the name of the game is Steel Panthers, and we love tanks, no? What better place to have a titanic tank engagement inside of an MC then at Kursk!

I know that there are scenarios of battles that took place at Kursk, but not set inside one of those amazing MC's.

JD

< Message edited by John David -- 4/1/2004 10:39:56 PM >

The only thing good about war, is it's ending!

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 43
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> RE: What Nationality Do You Want in a MC? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI