Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

one shot - 23 casualties

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> one shot - 23 casualties Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
one shot - 23 casualties - 10/14/2001 2:23:00 PM   
peter hellman

I'm playing the watchtower campaign, which I actually like much more than the Stalingrad campaign you're talking about. In the fifth scenario of the campaign, my Sdkfz-7/1 took out 23 Russian paratroopers in one shot with it's 2 cm Flakvier38. I shot several shots in a couple of turns, and while the bunch of paratroopers where as one target, it wasn't destroyed or dispersed although total casualties were up to 70+. The scenario was over before that happened. After the game I had a look at the Russian troops, but the biggest units were partisans with 20 men. Ok, this wasn't a complaint and I don't think anything should be fixed or looked over, just wanted to share these casualty figures. And to remember next time you may think the "flamethrower" or the "MG" is an uberweapon

"If you want to live in peace, you have to prepare for war" - Adolf Ehrnrooth
Post #: 1
- 10/14/2001 4:02:00 PM   
frank1970

Peter, one shot in game means about 30 to 40 seconds of fire. So 40 seconds with a 4x2cm is really a lot of bullets flying around

If you like what I said love me,if you dislike what I say ignore me!

"Extra Bavaria non est vita! Et sic est vita non est ita!"

(in reply to peter hellman)
Post #: 2
- 10/14/2001 11:14:00 PM   
IKerensky

Sorry frank but I just dont agree. 1 shot is definitly more than 1 bullet but definitly not 40 sec fire, especially with a 20mm gun that at max have 10sec of sustained fire.

Post #: 3
- 10/14/2001 11:45:00 PM   
rlc27

Don't mean to be ignorant, but which campaign are we talking about here?

"They couldn't hit an elephant from this dist--"

--John Sedgwick, failing to reduce suppression during the Battle of the Wilderness, U.S. Civil War.

Post #: 4
- 10/15/2001 12:03:00 AM   
nexus

quote:

Originally posted by kendokabob:
Don't mean to be ignorant, but which campaign are we talking about here?
could he mean the "watchword freedom" camp ??

Greetings Frank

Post #: 5
- 10/15/2001 10:36:00 AM   
Truckeye

if i recall, i played that and noticed there is 1 paratroop unit that has like 240men in 1 unit. i brought this up a couple of months ago, but no one had an answer and wild bill was on vacation.

In the Last days its said the Lion will lay down with the Lamb. Even on that day, I would want to be the Lion. Ben Gurion

Post #: 6
- 10/15/2001 10:41:00 AM   
Wild Bill

240! Now that is a sizeable unit! Hard to figure that one out. At no time was it done intentionally, for sure. I would think 240 men could do considerable damage in one turn. Truckeye, do you remember which battle it was? WB

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

Post #: 7
- 10/15/2001 2:25:00 PM   
frank1970

quote:

Originally posted by Ivan GREYWOLF Kerensky:
Sorry frank but I just dont agree. 1 shot is definitly more than 1 bullet but definitly not 40 sec fire, especially with a 20mm gun that at max have 10sec of sustained fire.
Greywolf,
one turn represents 3 to 5 minutes of combat.
In this time our SPWAW unit can fire 6 times. This means that we have 30 to 50 seconds of fire-time. So I would say that one "shot" represents the amount of bullets a weapon could fire in 30 to 50 seconds. This is a lot in the case of a 4x weapon. I did not want to say it is 40 seconds of coninuos fire.

If you like what I said love me,if you dislike what I say ignore me!

"Extra Bavaria non est vita! Et sic est vita non est ita!"

Post #: 8
- 10/15/2001 5:21:00 PM   
Zorfwaddle

Ive also had the "enormous number of men per squad feature." First scenario as US Army in the WW2 campaign. Had loaded 6 cavalry units into LCM's,
losing some as, for some reason, the LCM cant take one squad of cavalry. Weird. Anyway, they got to the beach and disembarked. There were 54 men in each squad! So, I used them :-).

"AK-47. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every m****rf****r in the room. Accept no substitutes." Ordell Robbie - "Jackie Brown"

Post #: 9
- 10/15/2001 6:46:00 PM   
IKerensky

quote:

Originally posted by Frank:
Greywolf,
one turn represents 3 to 5 minutes of combat.
In this time our SPWAW unit can fire 6 times. This means that we have 30 to 50 seconds of fire-time. So I would say that one "shot" represents the amount of bullets a weapon could fire in 30 to 50 seconds. This is a lot in the case of a 4x weapon. I did not want to say it is 40 seconds of coninuos fire.

I understand you wasnt talking about continuous fire, but 1 shoot isn't several shoot, especially for other caliber than infantry weapon.
1 20mm shoot is at max 10 secs fire simply because 5*60/6= 50 secondes by shoot, count 20 secondes reload, 10 secondes aiming and at last 10 secondes for the ennemy to show up to a good firing solution, it only left 10 secs of actul bullet flying. All in all we come to the same conclusion But I just want to say that 1 shoot = 1 shell or 1 clip for smaller caliber.

Post #: 10
- 10/15/2001 9:47:00 PM   
peter hellman

Yes, I meant the "Watchword Freedom"-campaign. "Watchtower", where the heck did I get that from? Thanks, Peter

"If you want to live in peace, you have to prepare for war" - Adolf Ehrnrooth

Post #: 11
- 10/16/2001 12:34:00 AM   
Truckeye

bill, it was in a german campaign that came with the game. it was like the 4-5th mission. one where paras are dropped and gliders come in too. the mission is to race to a town thats divided by a river. you take the s/e town and the soviets start landing. then partisans filter in from the south and a few kv-85s come in from the ne. its a good scen as you are running around defending all your objectives. anyway, one of the sqds from the gliders had 240 if i recall. i knocked it down to about 100. in that mission i also was asking about the planes that dropped the paras. they almost hovered over the river and then turned and did it again. i used up tons of mg fire on them. thought that was kinda odd they didnt immediately exit the board. hope that narrows it down. if not, let me know and i will try to get more details. jp

In the Last days its said the Lion will lay down with the Lamb. Even on that day, I would want to be the Lion. Ben Gurion

Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> one shot - 23 casualties Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI