Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 10/21/2001 11:52:00 PM   
Charles2222

ruxius: While getting different sized pictures "might" be desirable to do split screens, there's already a wealth of pictures and stats out there, why not use those? Though I'm not entertaining the idea of using this split screen in SPWAW, just think of the unit display in SPWAW for a moment. If you split that screen to allow the display of two units, even without the slightest modification to that data, it would be possible to achieve the split, but someone would have to know how to put scroll bars for each split, and though you couldn't see everything at once, you could at least compare one tank's same stats to another with ease. Needless to say that's a very crude example. One doesn't need new pictures to achieve this, unless you want to copy OTR's split to the last decimal. There are good and poor screen splits I would assume, but my contention is that CL would be better for having one, for the worst you get if it works in a very poor manner (thereby making you not use it), is one unit per screen which is where SPWAW is at the moment. In mainframe computing we have a split screen and it saves you worlds of effort. We know OTR's database has done it, why not CL? Perhaps it's something that would be best delayed, but it may be something real simple to do too, I just don't know.

(in reply to King__Thunder)
Post #: 31
- 10/23/2001 5:56:00 AM   
ruxius

quote:

Originally posted by Charles_22:
ruxius: While getting different sized pictures "might" be desirable to do split screens, there's already a wealth of pictures and stats out there, why not use those?

Right ..I mean that pictures should be caught by the net...what has to be done manually is to introduce datas on it...
quote:

If you split that screen to allow the display of two units,it would be possible to achieve the split, but someone would have to know how to put scroll bars for each split, and though you couldn't see everything at once, you could at least compare one tank's same stats to another with ease.

Right ! I would like this idea to be implemented..
Since we are not able to produce something concrete (some programs or database )by ourself we only have to rely on Matrix decision about this...
That means we may also never have nothing at all..
It seems like air combat or enhanced encyclopedia should be sponsorized in some way...any idea ?

Italian Soldier,German Discipline!

Post #: 32
- 10/23/2001 7:38:00 PM   
Charles2222

Of course another wholly different approach would be for some 'windows' to pop up which could display any amount of units you wanted for comparison, with the ability to size the data as you want. I would think that would take more effort to program than taking the SPWAW's old screen and splitting them alongside installing a scroll bar, but then I'm not a programmer either.

Post #: 33
- 10/24/2001 4:57:00 AM   
ruxius

I must confess that I was thinking mostly at this kind of approach..because it let us free to
implement by ourself the first step ..
I wrote to you before.. about this approach...the point is : we can ask ...and then we can hope they will take this idea in account...
I suggested some time ago a very few suggestions about some buttons which could have provided much better support to a cooperative campaign mode for two players..
since this could be very simple to be implemented
still we have zero support to a cooperative approach for battles
my ideas were very SPWAW compatible..but I couldn't expect there at MAtrix e'body is working
to apply my ideas...MEGACD with human player is still a miracle that has been listened to... Thus we can ask..they gave us such a faculty..
next to this I am suggesting..what can we do practically to help that idea to grow up ? I repeat then what we can do..we have some good programmers like Chlanda or Ectizen..they have a web site where you can contact them...
offer to them your work..and your idea..
(and maybe several ready files with jpg and text written above..)
if they agree and write a SPWAW-support program
that realizes that feature you would bet you will
see it included into the next release....
Actually my time is very poor..but I would surely do things this way when I will have time to do it !

Italian Soldier,German Discipline!

Post #: 34
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI