Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Carre d'as 1940 Flavion, AAR

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Carre d'as 1940 Flavion, AAR Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Carre d'as 1940 Flavion, AAR - 10/20/2001 6:58:00 AM   
Coyotebd

This is going to be a partial AAR because, well, I got excited and stopped taking notes. By the time I was finished I had to get to work (where I am now) and did not think to save. So you'll have to deal with a detailed description of my first few turns, then a sketchy description of the last turns. But then, such is war. Carre d'As 1940
Scenario design by SFFF
German Advance vs. French Delay
May 15th 1940
12 Turns French OOB AO: HQ - Col. Dromard BO: Rifle Squad - 2lt. Thibodeux
B1: Rifle Squad - Sgt. Denain
B2: Rifle Squad - Sgt. Bruneau
B3: Citroen 23u - Sgt. Corbin
B4: Citroen 23u - Sgt. Baudouin
B5: Citroen 23u - Sgt. Marion C0: H-39 - 1lt. Gaston
C1: H-39 - Sgt. Barthon D0: H-39 - 1lt. Lorusso
D1: H-39 - Sgt. Besson E0: H-39 - 1lt. Deveraux
E1: H-39 - Sgt. Bernhardt F0: Char B1 bis - 1lt. Delacroix
F1: Char B1 bis - Sgt. Gouraud
F2: Char B1 bis - Sgt. Bineau G0: Char B1 bis - 1lt. Dupre
G1: Char B1 bis - Sgt. Nicollet
G2: Char B1 bis - Sgt. Clemens Initial Thoughs: Ambush panzers with H-39s in flanks and Chars in center. No recon available, H-39s will be vulnerable to ambush/infantry close assault.
Turn 1
Reduced ranges for Opfire
h-39 - 5, 250m
Char 1B bis - 15, 750m
Infantry - 4, 200m Orders: Inf: Told to defend town as last resort. Will be able to close assault panzers from houses as last line of defense. Chars: Ordered to move up main road and setup firing line north of Flavion. (1lt. Delacroix advance to 52 24, 1lt. Dupre advance to 58 15) H-39s: Ordered to setup ambushes N and S of main road to Flavion, W of Flavion. Moves: Chars move along road to Flavion from E at top speed. H-39s unable to move after the confusion caused by mobilizing to advance (lack of orders).
Turn 2
Orders: H39s ordered to move out (objective was set, but needed more orders to switch to advance from defend) H39s begin to move to their assigned ambush spots in the woods N and S of the main road. Concern is raised about whether or not the H39s will be able to find positions and get setup for the ambush before the Germans arrive. The sound of approaching german armour can be heard in the W. They seem to be in a hurry, crashing through the hedges bordering the farmers fields, driving over the sugarbeets. I hope they get immobilized in their hurry. I wonder, what is coming this way? Poorly armour PzIIs and 38ts, or their bigger brothers? Chars continue to town.
Turn 3
Some of the H39s are not going to make it to their ambush points. That is fine, one group is retasked to remain in town to support the infantry, as there are only two good ambush spots reachable. 1lt Gaston makes it to trees N or road and is ordered to defend
1lt. Lorusso rerouted to a stand of trees closer to town, south of road (45 19), defends
1lt. Deveraux is left in town, defends Chars continue to Flavion, the first group (1lt. Dupre) setting up a firing line directly N of Flavion. The second (1lt. Delacroix) is ordered to support 1lt. Dupre, as his previous orders were over-ambitious, considering the speed of the Char B1 bis. HT is spotted on road to the W (39 13). Inf is loaded, German Special Operations squadron.
Turn 4
PSW-221 spotted (44 15)
2 HT (SPW-251/1) spotted
1 HT SPW-251/10 spotted
Pz 38(t) spotted
1 inf squad dismounts, contact lost.
1 inf squad still in HT - GE spec ops Do they see 1lt. Lurosso (H39)? Yes, they have spotted our ambush. 1lt. Lorusso(H39) fires on PSW-221, misses
Sgt. Besson(H39) fires on PSW-221, damaged, crew bails
Sgt. Besson fires on SPW-251/10, misses
Turn 5
The Germans begin to fire on the two flanking H39 groups. One is damaged and is abandoned. 1lt Lurosso survives and rallies. A PzII is spotted and all records end. From here things are sketchy, I cannot even remember which turns things happened. Basically a large number of German armour begin to appear. The H39s are taking their toll on the lightly armoured half-tracks and PSW armoured recon cars. However as more Pz38(t)s begin to appear it is obvious that the Chars will need to move closer. They did so, 1lt. Dupre on overwatch as 1lt. Delacroix advanced. Despite the little that the H39s could do against the german panzers they still managed to suppress the germans and rout the dismounted infantry. Their frontal armour was sufficient to survive quiet the pounding from PzIIs and 38(t)s. The Chars meanwhile, pounded the german armour mercilessly. I was very upset when the pzIVd's showed up, but the Char's 75mm Howitzer was more then a match for even their frontal armour. I lost a single objective to an infantry squad, but one of the chars simply MGed the squad until they broke, then moved forward to take the objective. It ended when the german's moral broke, a decisive victory for the french. Unfortunately I did not write down the score as I did not think of writing an AAR of the battle after I stopped taking notes. It was 3000+ to 32 or 52, I'm not sure. I hope you enjoyed my AAR. If you would like to give me some advice about my initial moves it would be very welcome. I know about F5, is there any way to get a play by play, who killed what, of the battle, after the battle? I find it very hard during the German turn to keep track of things. thanks,

Tyler "Coyote" Provick
A Coy, VRHC
members.home.net/vrhc
WWII Online: Blitzkrieg
www.wwiionline.com
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Carre d'as 1940 Flavion, AAR Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI