Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Big Battle

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> RE: Big Battle Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Big Battle - 5/3/2004 8:35:20 PM   
minefield

never cross a minefield

(in reply to minefield)
Post #: 31
RE: Big Battle - 5/4/2004 6:36:52 AM   
VikingNo2

A couple of Pz-IVs bite the bullet caosting me some light armor, the Kingtigers are closing in. Will the bigcats come into the smoke ?

My opponent hits the south with a huge rocket barrage, question is did I leave my armor there or did I move it ?

(in reply to minefield)
Post #: 32
RE: Big Battle - 5/4/2004 9:29:43 PM   
minefield

I didn't even look at the replay lol. Who knows what those rockets landed on. We're trying to dig a well to get water to wash away the blood on that hill-- hence the barrage of rockets to unearth a good digging site.

Things went decently during this turn, turn 18 I believe. Didn't do any major damage but didn't receive any. As he said, he did take out some Pzkpfw's but I still have some armor left to play with. I took out some of those 'tanks' with rubber wheels and caused some units to head back to England. The north is still held by Viking. He holds, and probably will forever hold, the south. I just couldn't get up and over that hill. The middle is still held in my grasp. That's the richest point area with 5 VH's instead of 4.

It's a matter of time and points now.

never cross a minefield

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 33
RE: Big Battle - 5/5/2004 4:02:19 AM   
VikingNo2

I rarely watch the replay either, this turn a Pz-IV and a Stug are added to the tally, a few other units where killed as well. A AA gun that has been causing me trouble and a hidden MG

The German AUX battalion is spotted headed my way

(in reply to minefield)
Post #: 34
RE: Big Battle - 5/6/2004 12:09:34 AM   
minefield

I haven't gotten much use out of the ATG and the AA positions other than to make you irritable. Perhaps you could pass some hints my way? Or any hints at all? My army is in a dark hour.

The south is attacking in another direction *cough*.

The middle remains mine but some troubling armor activity is reported south in a small valley created by a U shaped knoll.

The north is somewhat quiet but units that are suppressed and left out front are taken out.

VH Talley: German 5 British 8
What's a commander to do?

never cross a minefield

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 35
RE: Big Battle - 5/9/2004 10:36:40 PM   
VikingNo2

Turn sent a couple of days ago just trying to cautch up on thing, kill a few monor unit and a AUX flamewagon ( I hate those ) Kingthings are spotted forming up into a Heavy Heavy attack force supported by the AUX units that a streaming to the hot spots

(in reply to minefield)
Post #: 36
RE: Big Battle - 5/10/2004 11:17:39 PM   
minefield

Take out a half track and some infantry in the north.

Panzershreck that was unnoticed fired at a GMC at 1 hex distance and missed. So much for those AT infantry units. Oh, and he was of course spotted and sent running. I hear an assualt is expected on the center position but details are lacking.

Reinforcements have arrived and are positioning for maximum effect.

It's turn 21 out of 30 so we need to grab some more VH's if we want to win by points. We have yet to kill a single cromwell iv. I salute Viking for protecting his units.

Another PzShreck just managed to take out that GMC in the middle. Woohoo.

Viking's artillery is deadly accurate as usual. His quick response and mobile halftrack mortars allows him to put everything into a hex if he desires to. He can pin a unit and keep it there the whole game until he is ready to ambush it.

never cross a minefield

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 37
RE: Big Battle - 5/11/2004 9:20:54 AM   
VikingNo2

Two more Stugs and a couple of halftracks are added to the junk yard. But my casualties are strarting to mount and a fleet of trunks is seen headed to the center Vhexs.

(in reply to minefield)
Post #: 38
RE: Big Battle - 5/11/2004 4:32:44 PM   
minefield

fear the trucks

never cross a minefield

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 39
RE: Big Battle - 5/14/2004 3:12:01 AM   
minefield

We're on turn 23 or so. I get a Cromwell tank kill this round with a panzerschreck. Don't think that is going to win the game for me but it helps. The north is the site of all the action currently. I lost the armor aforementioned by Viking up there and that is where I'm counter attacking. So far I'm not doing so great. I wish he had waited just one turn up there before moving. I think he's paying my artillery to be slow and inaccurate.

In the middle I blow up a truck and force some commandos back.

In the south my units spot a crewman and miss horribly.

I think I'm going to lose. But then again, isn't that synonymous with "I'm playing VikingNo2"?

never cross a minefield

(in reply to mine_field)
Post #: 40
RE: Big Battle - 5/14/2004 7:39:42 AM   
VikingNo2

This turn was interesting, I mange to capture the center Vhexes I killed a kingtiger and a armored halftrack, but what was interesting was a armored car of mine move into the same hex as one of minefields haltracks and low and behold 3 flamewogons where stacked right beside a yellow circle with a 3 on it , got several shots on the group but no kills they should be suppressed fairly well lots of 3inch mortars hit them and a 81mm shell took one of them out

(in reply to minefield)
Post #: 41
RE: Big Battle - 5/15/2004 6:43:42 PM   
minefield

Man, you would think Viking would at least leave the center VH's alone but NOOOO... He's one tough customer.
At least I'm learning. Maybe I can use some of this against the rest of you muhahahah.

Looking at his successful assault, it seems I didn't use smoke very wisely.

Nebelwerfers don't seem to be able to kill like those bigger rockets. Probably a waste of artillery points. The 120mm mortars do a pretty good job though.

My artillery skill is definitely novice at this point.

--Beginning of turn--

Kill a 3 inch sp mortar in the north.
In, the middle Sgt. Steinke fires a PanzerSchreck round at a halftrack but misses and is forced to retreat. Is it better to move and only fire when in a stationary position?
In the south commandos are fired upon but not much is going on.

VH’s are all now in Viking’s bloody hands.

never cross a minefield

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 42
RE: Big Battle - 5/15/2004 6:52:42 PM   
minefield

--End of Round--
Left some tanks in view. Major mistake. Lost a tank to his mortars. Crapola.

never cross a minefield

(in reply to minefield)
Post #: 43
RE: Big Battle - 5/15/2004 9:35:17 PM   
VikingNo2

This turn a Stug gets killed and about six halftracks up north all loaded to the brim with infantry they will have to walk now plus with all the rockets that Minefield is throwing up north its dangerouse to walk, I lost a few that round but you always have loses when you push. Several Kingtiger still out there but they are his moble overwatch. If I have time in this battle I will have to figure out how to Isolate them

(in reply to minefield)
Post #: 44
RE: Big Battle - 5/16/2004 8:03:04 PM   
minefield

I'm losing too many tanks!

At least I got a challenger in the north and a cromwell in the south this turn.
Just got a staghound in the south too! That should make up for the Pz IV's I'm about to lose up north next turn to the VC Fireflies...

I wish I could learn the movement system. It seems one shot takes up 1 move then the next can take 2 then the third takes x^2+y where x is the length of your you-know-what and y is the number of drinks you've had during the day.

We take back a measely two VH this turn.

Damn my artillery. When does it land at the end of your turn? What delay is that?

never cross a minefield

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 45
RE: Big Battle - 5/17/2004 12:42:59 AM   
minefield

I would surrender if there were more than just the 5 turns remaining. Things are so bleak. Damn viking is good.

never cross a minefield

(in reply to minefield)
Post #: 46
RE: Big Battle - 5/17/2004 2:39:01 AM   
VikingNo2

Some German infanty gets pushed back and some more gets wiped out, minefielf still has lots of heavy arty pounding supected positions, put lots of fire into several 75mm AT Guns. Got to build up suppression before the flame tanks move in

(in reply to minefield)
Post #: 47
RE: Big Battle - 5/17/2004 4:46:44 AM   
minefield

I won't go out without a fight. I take out a cromwell and an AEC thingy in the middle and reclaim 4 out of the 5 middle VH's. I won't win but I won't let this but a pushover. 4 rounds to hold onto a few VH's. Can I do it?

never cross a minefield

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 48
RE: Big Battle - 5/17/2004 5:35:29 AM   
VikingNo2

A brave Kingtigers charges into the smoke and kills a couple of my tanks, form outside the smoke its fellow Germans hears large amount of small arms fire the the unmistakable sount of a PAIT, the Germans have a glimmer of hope they can sitll heard the proud monument to German engineering engine still running, then sadly a 75mm AP round crashes through the engine compartment killing the beast. Two Pz-IV are killed as well one by a 6lb AT gun the other from a 17lb on a challanger. Flame units move foward and fry a AT gun and a 88mm AT gun is MG to death. The brave Germans continue to attack howeverhoping to take as many Brits down as they can. The British Commander almost takes pity but rememberance of the early years of the war wipe out any such emotion.

(in reply to minefield)
Post #: 49
RE: Big Battle - 5/17/2004 5:45:02 AM   
minefield

He wasn't kidding about the flame tank. My poor poor men. I would issue the retreat command if I knew it wouldn't kill them outright.
A Cromwell blows up and one or two cheers are heard. That's all for now.

Everyone prays for the dark of the end of day to come so they can retreat into night. Only a few more turns to go.

never cross a minefield

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 50
RE: Big Battle - 5/17/2004 6:43:21 AM   
VikingNo2

Large arty falls again

More Germans are killed, pushing foward

(in reply to minefield)
Post #: 51
RE: Big Battle - 5/17/2004 7:26:13 AM   
minefield

Arty is here to stay.
Drop a Cromwell in exchange for a PzKpw IV (or at least I think he should be able to get it next round).
No VH's owned. Just hope my artillery stays safe until end of game (2 rounds).

never cross a minefield

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 52
RE: Big Battle - 5/17/2004 8:23:10 AM   
VikingNo2

Two more Pz-IVs pushing forward full speed ahead

(in reply to minefield)
Post #: 53
RE: Big Battle - 5/17/2004 9:12:03 AM   
minefield

Easiest turn because nothing to move or shoot with.

I even have a crewman who has had its misc arms jam. They are the most useful unit I've seen yet.

never cross a minefield

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 54
RE: Big Battle - 5/17/2004 7:40:45 PM   
minefield

Britain     Germany
Viking      Minefield
728         1326     men
  7            9     arty
 24           41     soft vehicles
 15           32     APC
 33           49     AFV

Score
Britain    25931
Germany    12779

never cross a minefield

(in reply to minefield)
Post #: 55
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> RE: Big Battle Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI