Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I need some testers for a Kursk Campaign

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> I need some testers for a Kursk Campaign Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I need some testers for a Kursk Campaign - 11/6/2001 5:53:00 AM   
Tombstone

I need around 4 guys who will play individual scenarios (many of them are BIG), and if I could get 2 super stars who are willing to suffer through an extremely long campaign (likely with many bugs) I would be very lucky and thankful. This is the same campaign I've been working on forever. It covers the Zitadelle offensive, 3rd SS Panzergrenadier Division Totenkopf's advance from belgorod to north of the river Psel. It includes some ahistorical results if you do well enough, and is, in all likelyhood MUCH more intense than what actually ocurred. I'm trying to make an extremely challenging campaign that has an ENORMOUS core force with little rebuild points. The battles so far are the following: 1. Opening Moves: Breaking through the frontline north and west of Belgorod with the objective of driving north, securing the 2nd SS Pz Korps' right flank, and securing the town of Gremuchii. 2. Gonki - Erik: Widening the salient made on the first day by 2nd SS Pz Korps. 3. Visloya - Ternovka: Defending the long eastern flank of the advance (or attacking, depending on the level of success so far). 4. Banks of the Psel: After being relieved by the 167th (I think) Infantry Division you roll northward and attack toward the banks of the Psel River and try to take the town of Krasnyi Oktabir. 5. Hill 226.6: After securing a bridgehead over the Psel the infantry push north up the face of hill 226.6, while the rest of your forces push east along the river. 6. North of the Psel: On the day of the famed Prokhorovka battles the 3rd SS PzGren must push north and east in an effort to flank and/or displace resistance of the Prokhorovka forces. If you do really well you can play a few other scenarios that allow a hypothetical encirclement of the 5th Guards Tank Army and a quick dash north to a town called Tim thereby successfully achieving the objectives of the Zitadelle offensive. The core force, by the way, is suggested to be 9 ss pzgren platoons, 1 co pziv's, 1 plt ac's, 3 bttys of SPA, 2 spaa plt, 1 spmortar plt, a few FO's, the self-propelled regimental 150's and a few other forces. It's basically one battalion from one of the PzGren Rgts (loosely following Rgt Eike's path in the operation) with the self-propelled bn of the arty rgt, the regimental guns, and the co of tanks was just so you get some tanks. Tomo

Post #: 1
- 11/6/2001 6:29:00 AM   
Gen.Hoepner

I'd love to try that!!!Zitadelle is one of my favourite!If u like,i can test it,for what i could^__^

[image]http://yfrog.com/2m70331348022314716641664j [/image]

(in reply to Tombstone)
Post #: 2
- 11/6/2001 9:54:00 AM   
Dave Baughman

I'd be very interested in helping out with this... email me with how I can help =)

(in reply to Tombstone)
Post #: 3
- 11/6/2001 10:35:00 AM   
darroch

I would like to help. It will depend on your schedule. I can playtest one battle (if they are really big) every two - three weeks. I could do the whole campaign but it would take some time. Let me know how I can be of help. Brad.darroch@trw.com P.S. Wanna do Mamayaev Kurgan for a change of pace?

(in reply to Tombstone)
Post #: 4
- 11/6/2001 11:56:00 AM   
Tombstone

Thanks guys, also remember to detail wether or not you would like to be a mini-biggie (single scenario-which is nice cause it wont ruin the whole shebang for you) or a biggie-biggie (who will become an integral element of the development as a whole)... I'll be sending you all a little questionairre regarding scenario preferences (which one you'd like to play, etc) and reaffirm the gargantuan nature of the scenarios to make sure you aren't getting into anything you don't want me to hassle you about. Tomo

(in reply to Tombstone)
Post #: 5
- 11/6/2001 3:47:00 PM   
Jody

I would like to try them I can play all and anything you wish.
Send them on
jodylou@foxall.com.au

"Up the Gut's, Heaps Of Smoke Don't Spare The Casualties"

(in reply to Tombstone)
Post #: 6
- 11/6/2001 4:25:00 PM   
Gen.Hoepner

let'es say thet if there are many tanks i don't care if the scen is very big!my mail is nmuner@hotmail.com/
thanks

[image]http://yfrog.com/2m70331348022314716641664j [/image]

(in reply to Tombstone)
Post #: 7
- 11/6/2001 6:37:00 PM   
adantas

Hi mate, I can test at least one of the scen for you if you want, ok?
Just send me the files adantas@vesper.com.br --------------
Senta à Pua!!!

(in reply to Tombstone)
Post #: 8
- 11/6/2001 7:40:00 PM   
x6ftundx_slith

Yeah send it my way. Ill take anything you got... just bring it
Commando Solo

(in reply to Tombstone)
Post #: 9
- 11/6/2001 11:16:00 PM   
lnp4668

Always love big battles. I would be willing to test if you still needs tester.

"My friends, remember this, that there are no bad herbs, and no bad men; there are only bad cultivators." Les Miserables

(in reply to Tombstone)
Post #: 10
- 11/7/2001 4:43:00 AM   
A_B

quote:

Originally posted by lnp4668:
Always love big battles. I would be willing to test if you still needs tester.
Inp4668 is a good tester. I'll vouch for him. (he has some work to do on his GPW Campaign battle first though )

Unconventional war requires unconventional thought

(in reply to Tombstone)
Post #: 11
- 11/7/2001 6:50:00 AM   
rotsel

Yea! Im in.......uh....what? I was assigned to the Russian Front? Uh.....is that a good thing?? --rotsel--

(in reply to Tombstone)
Post #: 12
- 11/19/2001 9:26:00 PM   
Salonen

If you still need a tester. I am ready. I am a Finn and love all combats in European theater...

The crimes against us must be revenged. Commander Saloway to General Staff

(in reply to Tombstone)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> I need some testers for a Kursk Campaign Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI