Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

OOBs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> OOBs Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OOBs - 11/8/2001 4:24:00 AM   
Colonel von Blitz

Hi!
I'm currently modifying OOBs to match my taste, changes I've made so far: - removed 'multipliers' from mortars (I always hated those thingys called "82mm mortar x 3"; price was 3 times too large and they delivered only grenades of one mortar ) - gave Elite Recon -status to all scouts and to FOs and FO vehicles which didn't have it for some reason. - created unarmed bunker that has carry capacity of about 160 (enough room for 1 - 1½ platoon). I gave enough armor to withstand arty. Men get out if one shoots at it directly, but they stay inside even if being hit with indirect weapons. I find these very useful in defensive battles. - made German equipment in Czech OOB available (must buy from Czech purchase screen) - made Train available in the Norway OOB
(must buy from Norway purchase screen) - made 380mm Rail Gun available in the Italian OOB and I also modified it a bit (gave it more punching power
(must buy from Italy purchase screen) - created Siege Howitzer ( ), available in the Netherlands OOB. This is purely a test, but so far; I LOVE it
(must buy from Netherlands purchase screen) - removed those allied names from japanese planes...now Ki-43 is Hayabusa, not Oscar etc. Now, anyone here, let me know about things in the OOB that you've wanted to see and/or "correct". Any ideas are welcome Colonel von Blitz [ November 08, 2001: Message edited by: Colonel von Blitz ]

--Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak--
Post #: 1
- 11/8/2001 4:54:00 AM   
Mikimoto

Hey Colonel. I hate mortar multipliers too. Its OK for me to convert to single unit (mortar*1). Elite Recon status for all scouts, FO, mot&mech FO is fine, too. The unarmed bunker is the idea from a genius because you can really entrench and fortify your core units in defense. Making available the german units in the Czech oob file is great cause i will not have to modify it. Train, Rail gun and Siege Howitzers add chrome and fun to the game. I would like to see onboard arty of all types. For example, making availabel 105mm, 122mm (captured) and 155mm Howitzers for the germans. I would like to see some Germans armed with submachineguns (not special forces). And adding a SMG to most rifle squads as secondary weapon (the squad leader in most armies). Also I want some AT weapon (antitank mines, etc..)for infantry squads. Thanks. [ November 07, 2001: Message edited by: Mikimoto ]

Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio

(in reply to Colonel von Blitz)
Post #: 2
- 11/8/2001 5:20:00 AM   
Colonel von Blitz

quote:

Originally posted by Mikimoto:
I would like to see onboard arty of all types. For example, making availabel 105mm, 122mm (captured) and 155mm Howitzers for the germans. I would like to see some Germans armed with submachineguns (not special forces). And adding a SMG to most rifle squads as secondary weapon (the squad leader in most armies). Also I want some AT weapon (antitank mines, etc..)for infantry squads.

Thanks for comments German OOBs are quite crowded and thats why some equipment is in the Czech OOB alredy. I'd like to see more special units for germans but where to add them...well, there is room in the Czech OOB Colonel von Blitz PS. I forgot one change: I removed those allied names from japanese planes...now Ki-43 is Hayabusa, not Oscar etc.

--Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak--

Post #: 3
- 11/8/2001 5:47:00 AM   
Mikimoto

Heil Von Blitz. You can always overwrite those amphibious tanks. They actually never entered in combat... Well, the howitzers are in the german oob, but availability is set to 12/49 until end of 1949.
It has been discussed before (against it) but I would love to see them on my battlefields.

Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio

Post #: 4
- 11/8/2001 7:47:00 AM   
AmmoSgt

One of the reasons that the mortars are grouped like that is because they reflect the various nations ability to direct and call mortar fire ..
On Board or Off Board a battery of mortars can only fire at so many targets based on that nations doctrine and communictions ability ..and 3 tubes do shoot 3 times the shells and do three times the damage .. but hey it is your OOB and there is no law that says this can't be a fantasy game ..
As to Arty onboard ..well 50 meters a hex X 100 hexes is only 5 kilometers ,and that is divided between both sides .. thats barely enough distance to provide defense in depth and to effectively employ some direct fire Tanks and AT guns, or to use Fire and maneuver with reasonable seperation of elements .. again no law against modifing the OOB's to put stuff on the map that just wouldn't be that close to the front lines .. most the Arty available for on board would in fact be that close, and most the stuff listed as off board wouldn't be that close to the front lines ...
Folks always want more realism , more detail in the equipment .. But the only person that can provide realism in deployment and use of the equipment is the player .. and that can be done by learning understanding and accepting the facts of what a nations doctrine was, and what was concidered to be appropiate and tactically correct for the time period and nation concerned... but again no law that says this can't be a fantasy game ...

"For Americans war is almost all of the time a nuisance, and military skill is a luxury like Mah-jongg. But when the issue is brought home to them, war becomes as important, for the necessary periods, as business or sport. And it is hard to decide which

Post #: 5
- 11/8/2001 12:02:00 PM   
Randy

Mikimoto I think some of the German amphibious
tanks were used during the invasion of Russia. The tauchpanzers were used to cross the River Bug
in 41.

Semper Fi
Randy

The United States Marines: America's 911 Force-The Tip of the Spear

Post #: 6
- 11/8/2001 2:31:00 PM   
Colonel von Blitz

quote:

Originally posted by AmmoSgt:
One of the reasons that the mortars are grouped like that is because they reflect the various nations ability to direct and call mortar fire ..

Maybe true, but I hate the fact that one icon on the map represents several mortars, maybe I have something against SP III . I just separated them into individual units now.
quote:

..and 3 tubes do shoot 3 times the shells and do three times the damage .. but hey it is your OOB and there is no law that says this can't be a fantasy game ..

Why my mortars didn't do that with original OOBs...I must've had flawed files.
quote:

As to Arty onboard ..well 50 meters a hex X 100 hexes is only 5 kilometers ,and that is divided between both sides .. thats barely enough distance to provide defense in depth and to effectively employ some direct fire Tanks and AT guns, or to use Fire and maneuver with reasonable seperation of elements .. again no law against modifing the OOB's to put stuff on the map that just wouldn't be that close to the front lines .. most the Arty available for on board would in fact be that close, and most the stuff listed as off board wouldn't be that close to the front lines ...

So should I just play stupid ready-made scenarios if I wanted to play a PBEM battle representing...let's say breakthrough, where there still is some rear area equipment???
quote:

Folks always want more realism , more detail in the equipment .. But the only person that can provide realism in deployment and use of the equipment is the player .. and that can be done by learning understanding and accepting the facts of what a nations doctrine was, and what was concidered to be appropiate and tactically correct for the time period and nation concerned... but again no law that says this can't be a fantasy game ...

More units in OOB doesn't mean unrealistic game, like you said, realistic game needs players who play the game with nations doctrines. Separating mortars, providing howitzers on board, providing Siege Howitzers and Railroad Guns doesn't mean the game is unrealistic if they're used appropriately...it just depends on rules the players agree on. Trust me, I love to play realistic games. But I also hate too much restrictions. I'm not the guy who buys 10 Wurfrahmen and places them beside Ammo Dump...I'm the guy who fights against that kind of playing I feel I'm going more to realistic direction when I'm changing OOBs...maybe some disagree, but that is their freedom. No-one forces them to use my OOB Colonel von Blitz

Post #: 7
- 11/8/2001 3:58:00 PM   
Mikimoto

quote:

On Board or Off Board a battery of mortars can only fire at so many targets based on that nations doctrine and communictions ability ..and 3 tubes do shoot 3 times the shells and do three times the damage .. but hey it is your OOB and there is no law that says this can't be a fantasy game ...

Hey Ammo. I can agree with you with the usage of mortars, employed as whole sections... but then, How where the use of indirect fire for artillery batteries?
Didn't they fire as a whole battery against a single point or area? Not the same of mortars? I think that is not fair speak about "fantastic" use of mortars without speaking about "fantastic" use of Artillery batteries.

Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio

Post #: 8
- 11/8/2001 4:16:00 PM   
Colonel von Blitz

AmmoSgt has made her/his point, but I'd like to continue with original subject. Good (and realistic ) Ideas for OOB modifications are still more than welcome. Colonel von Blitz

Post #: 9
- 11/8/2001 4:45:00 PM   
Mikimoto

quote:

Originally posted by Randy:
Mikimoto I think some of the German amphibious
tanks were used during the invasion of Russia. The tauchpanzers were used to cross the River Bug
in 41.

Hey Randy. Well, I dont knew that. And now I know that, thank you very much. But were used only ONCE?
If so, put them in the Czech oob, please, and free some slots for more common things... or weren't SMG or AT-mines in the Werhmacht?

Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio

Post #: 10
- 11/8/2001 4:52:00 PM   
Gen.Hoepner

I read somewhere,probably in a book about U-boots that the project to use the "snorknel"(I KNOW I WROTE IT WRONG,BUT DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO CHECK THE BOOK^__^)on tanks was led on during the war and performed many times...now i do not remember anything more,but if u want...i can chack it! regards

[image]http://yfrog.com/2m70331348022314716641664j [/image]

Post #: 11
- 11/8/2001 5:12:00 PM   
Mikimoto

quote:

Originally posted by Gen.Hoepner:
I read somewhere,probably in a book about U-boots that the project to use the "snorknel"(I KNOW I WROTE IT WRONG,BUT DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO CHECK THE BOOK^__^)on tanks was led on during the war and performed many times...now i do not remember anything more,but if u want...i can chack it! regards
Hello Hoepner. Thanks for the info. I wonder if the snorkel was used by some "amphibious" tanks or by normal tanks, as an add-on or mod. I don't want to say amphi-tanks are ahistorical or something else... but there is a problem with the number of slots in the German oob file. And the amphi-tanks are there, and the onboard heavy artillery pieces are there (with no use, unless scenario designing, cause date are 12/49). And they are wasting space. If they (matrix) put special stuff in the Czech oob file, Why did not put this (arty and amphis) in it?

Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio

Post #: 12
- 11/8/2001 6:36:00 PM   
asgrrr

Well sir, many interesting things. I like it when people use their creativity, but even more when they keep it inside the limits of reality.
If you want more ideas of OOB modifications, I have posted mine before. Look up "russian anti tank rifles" and "infantry support weapons" in this forum.

Never hate your enemy.
It clouds your judgement.

Post #: 13
- 11/8/2001 6:48:00 PM   
Gen.Hoepner

quote:

Originally posted by Mikimoto:
Hello Hoepner. Thanks for the info. I wonder if the snorkel was used by some "amphibious" tanks or by normal tanks, as an add-on or mod. I don't want to say amphi-tanks are ahistorical or something else... but there is a problem with the number of slots in the German oob file. And the amphi-tanks are there, and the onboard heavy artillery pieces are there (with no use, unless scenario designing, cause date are 12/49). And they are wasting space. If they (matrix) put special stuff in the Czech oob file, Why did not put this (arty and amphis) in it?
.....I think the normal tanks needed so many modifications to be set up with a snorkel that they couls really be called amphi-tanks!...I agree with u with the Oob space problems....let's use the czech space,but the question is:the characteristics of the german-czech units will be the ones of germans or the ones of czech??
regards

[image]http://yfrog.com/2m70331348022314716641664j [/image]

Post #: 14
- 11/8/2001 7:03:00 PM   
Panzer Leo

quote:

On Board or Off Board a battery of mortars can only fire at so many targets based on that nations doctrine and communictions ability ..and 3 tubes do shoot 3 times the shells and do three times the damage ...

No, they don't Test it yourself and you'll see, that a mortarx3 will not cause the same suppression and damage three mortarx1 will do. I don't know, where the problem is, but it exists. A mortarx3 (like the Russian one) costs three times more, but cannot even come close to the damage dealt by three mortarx1 (like the U.S. mortar) firing at the same hex.
I like the basic idea of communication problems and mortar bundles, but I think you'll agree, that three mortarx1 or one mortarx3 should cause the same damage, when firing at one target, or ?
So this has nothing to do with fantasy, but might be a real problem...(I also delete mortar bundles in my OOBs because of this)... maybe this is something for the OOB forun...

[URL=http://www.theblitz.org/member_sites/panzer_leo_spw@w/spwaw_h2h_modrework.php] [IMG]http://www.theblitz.org/member_sites/panzer_leo_spw@w/PzLeos-H2H-Title-1.jpg[/IMG] [/URL]

Mir nach, ich folge euch !

Post #: 15
- 11/8/2001 8:26:00 PM   
pax27

I´d like to know how you set a troop to elite recon status. I´ve changed the czech OOB much like the above.
Also put the heavier Howitzers to be avaliable in german OOB, I guess I don´t have to use them if I don´t want to.
I also put an armored skirt on the Maus tank, if ever a tank had a skirt...
I changed a few dates of tanks in german OOB, just a tad.
Also, some of the german tanks don´t have the right amount or type of weapons, like main gun or machineguns, at least according to sources I checked. BTW Colonel von Blitz, did I help at all in your German equipment in Czech OOB post???

Post #: 16
- 11/8/2001 10:06:00 PM   
Mikimoto

quote:

Originally posted by pax27:
I´d like to know how you set a troop to elite recon status.
Hola Pax. In the Oob file, in the formation screen, there is a "special" flag/slot. In it you can put a value: 0 Normal Troops
1 Recon Troops
2 Dedicated Artillery 10 Elite Troops +10 experience/morale
11 Elite Recon Troops
12 Elite Dedicated Artillery 20 Second Line Troops -10 experience/morale
21 Second Line Recon Troops
22 Second Line Dedicated Artillery By the way, it is in the manual. Hope this helps. Bye. [ November 08, 2001: Message edited by: Mikimoto ]

Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio

Post #: 17
- 11/8/2001 10:20:00 PM   
pax27

Sure helped...and there´s a lot of things in the manual but the manual isn´t this witty and interesting

Post #: 18
- 11/8/2001 10:58:00 PM   
asgrrr

If the effectiveness is in fact a problem, you can get around it by creating a "real" x3 unit etc. Copy the mortar and make a new unit with 3 weapons, 3 times the men and 3 times the price. That way you still keep the reality factor, and don't clutter up the map with lots of inauspicious units. That is if you have the space in the OB file...

Never hate your enemy.
It clouds your judgement.

Post #: 19
- 11/9/2001 11:47:00 AM   
skukko

""question is:the characteristics of the german-czech units will be the ones of germans or the ones of czech?? "" Well, of what I've seen and played it it does matter who is your HQ. I am not sure how much it affects when you buy units/formations under the nations-tag. But it affects the base morale/experience/rally/ and names of the units leaders if you use nations-button when played all preferences On. What I've done: First custom OOB to get Finnish SS troops. Project cancelled because pbems and online games need same OOBs for both. Next try and test was to buy under the Nations-button Finnish riflemens and changing them in scenarioeditor to German SS. This way I had similar weapons in all multinational SS- Division. And as tests showed: I had characteristics in there. Rumanians have low exp/morale and they will retreat easier than germans. Finns are arquing with enemy by using their own lanquage. You know that *perkele* when they assault (tulta in fact, means fire/ shoot) And best is that in campaign-core they were replaced from right nation. This is the way I did catch weird things: I bought Germans formations under Sovjets HQ by mistake, but I did continue (pbem). I never again do that, never : Tigers didn't hit anything, they did explode from infantry throwing stones or crews bailed out if someone jumped of bushes and said: Boo ! . Infantry (which normally as germans perform well) did not do any good unless kept in one place defending. If not defending they ran from first shot and took casulties over my experience of german infantrys behavior. It was like playing russians with German names. This can be the cause of many posts of weirdness in league-forum during last winter and spring when guys bought US-troops under differend nation HQ to get non-desert map to 'Italy -43' -league. Hope this helps you. Personally I would stick with OOBs that came with the game just because of compability with opponents. But then again you may have many installations of game... <<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Snorkel and tank: without snorkel 4-6 feet depth, with it to 18 feet depth. Rarity and use of these is beyond my knowledge. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<< mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

Post #: 20
- 11/9/2001 12:16:00 PM   
heintz28

Use the OOB Manager at http://jphz.tripod.com and
you wont have to have multiple installs of the game. And you can always return to the Original for PBEM or internet games.
The OOB manager will handle as many OOB's as you have disk space for good luck

Post #: 21
- 11/9/2001 1:04:00 PM   
AmmoSgt

I think the major problem with onboard Howitzers and the like ..also rocket launchers .. is the minimum range issues for fring indirect ..the game doesn't seem to have a minimum range for indirect fire weapons ..which means 155mm Hows on board could technically be used to fire indirect at a target just the other side of a hill 100 meters ( 2 hexes ) away ..not that i am advocating any changes in SPWAW ..but i hope issues like this are being looked at for CL/CA ... Direct fire .. yes SP's like M-12's and Hummels ect Direct fire at the ranges possible on a SPWAW map , but could they indirect fire at under a kilometer?? .. I don't think so?? but i don't have the tables available ..in a similar problem only reversed, 88's are only direct fire in the game , when in fact they had indirect fire capabilities ... yes the Brits and their 25 lbrs and US 105mm How and Possibly other Hows had a Direct fire capability ..but i am sure they had a minimum range of some significant distance that would make some indirect fire problematical if they were in fact onboard , given the size of the map .. these considerations would probably drastically effect multiple rocket launchers deployed on board .. some more than others ..and some would probably not have direct fire capabilities at all .. wulfraums did have direct fire capability but certainly not at 2 or even 4 hexes due to the physical arrangement on the launcher .. either rocket engines blasting back thru the other rounds or the rounds colideing with rounds in front of them ect ...( i think the front two could fire if the rear rockets weren't loaded .. Caliope's look like they could easily direct fire .but i don't know if they actually did for example ..
On a similar note .. since the game does handle complex angles in shell impact for , for example , armor penetration, perhaps some thought to the vertical axis that is possible with some guns could be looked at in direct fire , havng limits on firing at targets that are either lower or higher that exceed the combined angles of gun depresion or elevation and ground angle .. especially when hull down . again perhaps not in SPWAW but perhaps in CL/CA
When you consider minimum ranges for indirect fire alot of the desire to have arty onboard as an indirect fire weapon may disappear due to the lack of practical usefullness ..
As to the Ammo trucks ..they are an abstraction as it is, since in some armies individual Hows would have addition vechicles ( such as the US Army having usually 2 addition vehicles per gun, sometimes specialized Arty Ammo tracks sometimes simple 2 1/2 ton trucks for example ) supplying the guns .. other armies other arrangements ( consider a 155mm single gun needing 1 Duece and a half to carry maybe 60 rounds ) to see how abstracted the ammo truck actually is ..and yet to make it a point target that forces totally unrealistic deployment of arty into hexagonal clumps seems not to raise any questions ..
Better Modeling of the weapons characteristics and some adjustment of the span or range of supply of abstracted Ammo Trucks to allow for appropiate distances and arangement of guns might help things , or better a Towed How and adjacent fixed ammo dump, purchased as a combined unit , giving the option of two hexes of targets , either the gun that can be knocked out , or the ammo supply for the gun that can be knocked out with possible colateral damage .. could better model and subsequently detract from the desirability of having large caliber arty onboard on a map only 5 km in total depth ...
Perhaps having 155mm, and perhaps, depending on what firing tables say, maybe even 105 mm class Howitzers restricted to direct fire if onboard might be more realistic .. likewise the reverse for weapons like the SP 75mm Hows like on some Amtrac's and the M8 Scott SP 75mm that are currently restricted to direct fire and that actually had a rather close/short minimum range for indirect fire,could be allowed to indirect fire ...
This certainly would make Mortars ..especially the small infantry type mortars seem more useful and valuable and place them in a different perspective vis a vis the game..
If, as folks seemed to be insisting, that multiple mortars do not in fact do mulitple damage, and as i am suggesting Hows and arty type guns are doing what they in fact they never could do .. then somebody should be looking at these apparent functional mismodeling of what in fact are key weapons in the game ..and if not in SPWAW perhaps in CL/CA, in my humble opinion

"For Americans war is almost all of the time a nuisance, and military skill is a luxury like Mah-jongg. But when the issue is brought home to them, war becomes as important, for the necessary periods, as business or sport. And it is hard to decide which

Post #: 22
- 11/9/2001 1:05:00 PM   
skukko

to above: Nice utility but it can't move scens and maps that are saved to same slots ( save my things above 600 ), *lbms nor *shps and mech.exes ... mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

Post #: 23
- 11/9/2001 3:08:00 PM   
Colonel von Blitz

quote:

BTW Colonel von Blitz, did I help at all in your German equipment in Czech OOB post???
Thanks pax27, your advice was the key to get everything work like I wanted to I'm discussing at the moment with my friends and other PBEM opponents what they'd like to see changed in the OOB files. I think there will be more changes in addition to those mentioned in the first post Colonel von Blitz

Post #: 24
- 11/9/2001 5:46:00 PM   
pax27

Sounds good Colonel, keep us posted for other good changes you make. And BTW, AmmoSgt obviously knows what he´s (she´s?) talking about, but I think people simply wanna get the artillery onboard for two reasons: You could get them as howitzers in your core force (with gained experience etc), and to feel that you actually manage them (and get to see them maybe). my two cents (or whatever it is you americans say)

Post #: 25
- 11/9/2001 7:18:00 PM   
Colonel von Blitz

quote:

Sounds good Colonel, keep us posted for other good changes you make.
I moved some german equipment (units that I've never or very rarely used) into Czech OOB and moved some equipment into German OOB just so that I can buy them with german national characteristics. - Now gliders (DFS 230), R-Boot, all captured tanks and amphibious tanks has to be bought from Czech purchase screen. - From german purchase screen one can now buy:
Fl Wg B-2(f) (flame-tank built from french tank?)
Panther F
Panther II
Tiger II P2Turm
12.8cm Pz Sfl V (quite like Nashorn, but with 128mm ATG)
Me 262A-2a JaBo I also created couple of new units, at the moment they're just under development, but I wanted to include them. These are PzKpfw VII Löwe and E-100 I know, these are more "what if" panzers, but that's just why I wanted to include them Also, I'd like to include Kramer X-7 Rotkäppchen -AT missile, but I've yet to find enough data. Anyone with tech specs, please let me know Colonel von Blitz

Post #: 26
- 11/9/2001 7:43:00 PM   
generalrichmond

Herr Von Blitzen: interesting thread. I read it every day and learn a little more. SgtAmmo: I really like the points you are making. Things I'd not considered. At this point, aside from mortar units, I think I'll keep all my arty offboard (as far as what I purchase). I *would* like to see some of these things addressed, but then realize that sooo many gamers enjoy doing crazy things.

Post #: 27
- 11/10/2001 2:22:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Mortar multipliers were removed in eth v 7 OOBs. Mortar units have multiple weapons like OBA. Not the best solution, but makes things more transparant.

Post #: 28
- 11/10/2001 5:59:00 AM   
TotenkopfZZ

If you are modifying the Oob then you should be aware of a super weapon built into the game you might want to fix. In the Anzac OoB, the weapon #178, 30 cal CMG (x2), slot #3 on the Lee Mk II has an HE kill factor of 120!!! This Infantry killer can wipe out full squads in one shot. It is also the same in many of the Allied OoBs. UK #178, US #186, Belgium #178 to name a few. In the Oob modifying I have done before I added such things as horse teams to Howitzers, Jeeps to pull AT guns and such. One especially handy was a company of Paratroopers with Air transports included in the unit. One click shopping here instead of trying to figure out exactly how many Douglas C47's you need for all those troopers. I would not recommend messing with any of the weapons stats (except the one above) by adding APCR ammo or higher Gunnery stats. The balance of the game can be severely undone then.

Post #: 29
- 11/10/2001 7:07:00 PM   
Colonel von Blitz

quote:

Originally posted by TotenkopfZZ:
If you are modifying the Oob then you should be aware of a super weapon built into the game you might want to fix. In the Anzac OoB, the weapon #178, 30 cal CMG (x2), slot #3 on the Lee Mk II has an HE kill factor of 120!!! This Infantry killer can wipe out full squads in one shot. It is also the same in many of the Allied OoBs. UK #178, US #186, Belgium #178 to name a few.
Hmm, this I will check out. Thanks for letting me know 120 HE kill sounds like a little mistake, though almost all twin/quad machineguns do similar damage...German Pz I is a real infantry killer.
quote:

I would not recommend messing with any of the weapons stats (except the one above) by adding APCR ammo or higher Gunnery stats. The balance of the game can be severely undone then.

I haven't been touching that much to weapons stats. Actually I've just modified the 380mm Railroad gun stats a bit to give it more punching power. I wasn't going to modify weapons to make super-germans or something like that. And what comes to game play balance, my modifications to OOBs are not meant to be used by players who do NOT know how to play SPWaW realistically. I want to provide the possibility of buying for example finnish Armored ship (panssarilaiva) if I or someone else NEEDS it for some PBEM battle This takes me to other issue, I do NOT test these modifications against AI, because IMHO playing against AI is a waste of a good strategy game. I play only PBEM battles against selected opponents and these OOB modifications are made with cooperation with them If anyone here is interested testing my modified OOB files, I'll put this on my SPWaW sounds site when I think they're more close to ready Sound-files are still there for all of you to download: http://www24.brinkster.com/vonblitz/spwawsounds.htm Colonel von Blitz [ November 10, 2001: Message edited by: Colonel von Blitz ]

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> OOBs Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI