Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Switching units between player 1 & 2

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Switching units between player 1 & 2 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Switching units between player 1 & 2 - 12/4/2001 11:43:00 AM   
color

While testing a scenario I have designed I discovered that I have to let the human be player 1 in order for it to work with the campaign I built it for.

Not being aware of that I designed the scenario with the human as player 2. I would rather not have to delete and do the detailed setup all over again in order for the units to switch sides.
Do anyone know a way for units to switch sides in a scenario?
I cannot be that hard, it's just a matter of setting side 1 = 0 and side 0 = 1. I tried with the SPWaW editor and Chlandas editor. No luck.
Chandlas editor can be used in hex mode, but I don't have a clue which position is the side switch in the save game file. Any help would really be appreciated.
Color

Post #: 1
- 12/4/2001 12:04:00 PM   
generalrichmond

Color, there is a way to do this. I read about it about a week ago. Hang in there and someone will answer. I will try to remember tomorrow (I am going to BED!)

(in reply to color)
Post #: 2
- 12/4/2001 4:04:00 PM   
Resisti

Color, IIRC while in the editor, click on the deply button and when in click on "help".
You'll find the hot key for switching the sides.Should be F1,F2,F3,F4 as you can design a scenario with up to 4 sides.
You click on the unit you want to change side to and then click F...
Go on cycling tru yr units till yr done.
The only problem you can have is if you bought forces for side 2, before to buy those for side 1.
In this case you can't do anything, but to start from scratch; it happened to me once.
Just remember that the F1/F2 thing is relevant only for online games, as I understand it. Hope this helps.

Federico "Resisti" Doveri

(in reply to color)
Post #: 3
- 12/4/2001 8:16:00 PM   
color

quote:

Originally posted by Resisti:
Color, IIRC while in the editor, click on the deply button and when in click on "help".
You'll find the hot key for switching the sides.Should be F1,F2,F3,F4 as you can design a scenario with up to 4 sides.
You click on the unit you want to change side to and then click F...
Go on cycling tru yr units till yr done.
The only problem you can have is if you bought forces for side 2, before to buy those for side 1.
In this case you can't do anything, but to start from scratch; it happened to me once.
Just remember that the F1/F2 thing is relevant only for online games, as I understand it. Hope this helps.

Thanks Resisti, I tried this, and could successfulyl switch player 2 to player 3 and player 1 to player 2.
However when I try to switch player 3 to player 1, effectively switching the sides, I always get the message saying that units from the opposite side is already assigned to player 1.
I flip through all the forces in the HQ menu, where there is no player 1 forces on any side.
So it did not work out for me Richmond, if you can remember how it is done, that would be just great!! Color

(in reply to color)
Post #: 4
- 12/4/2001 8:32:00 PM   
generalrichmond

Sorry, Color - I am thinking you have to start over as I think he hit it on the head.

(in reply to color)
Post #: 5
- 12/4/2001 8:49:00 PM   
color

quote:

Originally posted by General Richmond:
Sorry, Color - I am thinking you have to start over as I think he hit it on the head.
The **** hits the fan!!

I hate it when this happens, I had a lot of time invested in this scenario.
Oh well, a lesson learned! A sour one that is.
Thanks for the help anyway, guys. Color

(in reply to color)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Switching units between player 1 & 2 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI