Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 12/13/2001 8:41:00 PM   
brianleeprice

quote:

Originally posted by Halgary:
Excellent game is now even better! I like especially the new OOBs. btw. Is it just my computer, or does anyone else have trouble loading "WWII Campaign" saved games? I mean those that you save right after you win a battle. Game seems to hang up every time. In-game saves work fine.
Here I thought it was just me. I've just been saving at the beginning of the next battle. Brian

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 31
- 12/14/2001 5:01:00 AM   
bobaloo000

I noticed that my 1942 era Japanese Para's are not nearly as deadly as they used to be.

Mister I'm not a boy no I'm a man/and I believe in the promised land...

Post #: 32
- 12/14/2001 5:13:00 AM   
AmmoSgt

On those "duplicate" AT Guns you might want to look at the ammo loads , in some cases availablity dates dictate the availability of APCR rounds , and in others the secondary weapon changes.

"For Americans war is almost all of the time a nuisance, and military skill is a luxury like Mah-jongg. But when the issue is brought home to them, war becomes as important, for the necessary periods, as business or sport. And it is hard to decide which

Post #: 33
- 12/14/2001 7:14:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

SMG's were throttled back a fair bit...

Post #: 34
- 12/14/2001 7:57:00 AM   
Banjo

I have been playing Civilization 3 since it came out and SPWAW has been idle in my machine for several months. I Still enjoy lurking the forums though. SPWAW is the best wargame out there, and have just downloaedthe 7.0 upgrade. I thinkk that I am about to get reacquainted with my one of my fav games again momentarily. Happy holidays to all!!! THANK YOU MATRIX

Post #: 35
- 12/14/2001 9:03:00 AM   
McGib

I've only encountered one small problem. 2 saved game files cause the game to crash when I try to load them. I have tried a couple of others with no problem. Not a big thing just thought I'd mention it in case this small problem gets bigger. I do recall now one other observation. Playing a ww2 campaign (started in V6.1) V.7 was loaded during a battle. When I completed this battle I was surprised to find I had gotten a draw. I had taken about 40 causualties and lost 3 apc's. The AI had lost over 180 men, three at/aa guns and I had captured all VH's. Now I've read that the oob's have changed, could this be the reason why what I expected to be at least a MV to turn out as a draw? Excellent work Matrix, can't wait to try out the two-player campaigns!

Ready Aye Ready

Post #: 36
- 12/14/2001 7:06:00 PM   
RockinHarry

Just downloaded the new V7 package and will check things tonight! _________
Harry

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

Post #: 37
- 12/15/2001 12:49:00 AM   
bobaloo000

quote:

Originally posted by McGib:
I do recall now one other observation. Playing a ww2 campaign (started in V6.1) V.7 was loaded during a battle. When I completed this battle I was surprised to find I had gotten a draw. I had taken about 40 causualties and lost 3 apc's. The AI had lost over 180 men, three at/aa guns and I had captured all VH's. Now I've read that the oob's have changed, could this be the reason why what I expected to be at least a MV to turn out as a draw?

Now that you mention it I encountered the same thing. I took all VH's, killed over 170+ AI troops and only got a draw. I looked at the map of the battlefield for over ten minutes trying to figure out why. First thing I noticed was some of the VH's appeared to be valued rather low. Now I'm questioning if the upgrade knocked the OOB's out of whack. I have the battle saved on my laptop, I'm going to finish it (have not upgraded) and see what happens. [ December 14, 2001: Message edited by: bobaloo000 ]

Mister I'm not a boy no I'm a man/and I believe in the promised land...

Post #: 38
- 12/17/2001 8:24:00 AM   
Krec

all is well , just finished a test scenario , July 43, and boy was it fun...............thanks to all who made V7 possible

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country." Patton

Post #: 39
- 12/17/2001 9:20:00 AM   
john g

quote:

Originally posted by McGib:
I do recall now one other observation. Playing a ww2 campaign (started in V6.1) V.7 was loaded during a battle. When I completed this battle I was surprised to find I had gotten a draw. I had taken about 40 causualties and lost 3 apc's. The AI had lost over 180 men, three at/aa guns and I had captured all VH's. Now I've read that the oob's have changed, could this be the reason why what I expected to be at least a MV to turn out as a draw?

This same sort of thing happened when I started a campaign back with v2 and upgraded thru v4.3b, each time I upgraded the next battle would end in a draw. And my draws were even more lopsided, I was consistantly winning with 8-1 (up to over 100-1) or more decisives, so the first time I upgraded and got a draw I was really taken aback. But since there had been a warning that save games would act funny, I just shrugged it off and continued on. Now when I upgrade I just flush the save games and start over.
thanks, John.

Post #: 40
- 12/19/2001 7:47:00 AM   
Capt. Pixel

Thrilled with 7.0 the only real problem I've had is making sure that all my PBEM buddies get upgraded with me. No complaints. But then, I was quite satisfied with 5.1 too. Thanks Matrix

"Always mystify, mislead, and surprise the enemy, if possible. "
- Stonewall Jackson

Post #: 41
- 12/20/2001 5:40:00 AM   
st_jeanluc

quote:

Originally posted by Brian Price:
Here I thought it was just me. I've just been saving at the beginning of the next battle. Brian
Got the same problem opening saved games in a WWII campaign. In addition, I have encountered one problem during the campaign when gaming against the US Army. I get the message "Waiting for other players to sync..." when I end my turn. Games against Russian or British seem OK! JL

Post #: 42
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI