Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Allied airpower grows .

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Allied airpower grows . Page: <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Allied airpower grows . - 9/26/2004 10:57:13 AM   
Raverdave

Balls! Those troops were all volunteers who knew what they were up against. They fought in the true fashion of men fighting for democratic freedom against the imperialism of the hated invaders...............the jap. The memory of Pearl harbour still burns and feeds our dersire to see the jap erased from the face of the earth. We shall have our day.

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 571
RE: Allied airpower grows . - 9/28/2004 9:22:06 AM   
Luskan

Noyt too much to report folks as I slowly grnid my way across Java.

I put all my cv groups into port a few turns ago to consolidate some operational sys daamge - and a thunderstorm blew up and smacked hell out of a DD ASW group (very glad my cvs were all docked).

I've got a new plan for the bay, and there are some manouvreings going on wiht chinese units in burma - one ventured south of Mandalay and I cut it off from Pagan. It is now stuck behind enemy lines and won't make it home if I have anything to say about it.

Raver was just testing the defences (since he knows I've got a few divisions at Rangoon and a couple of inf units at Moulmein etc.) by sacrificing some chinese troops. They didn't get a whole lot of say in the way he needlessly sent them as sacrifices where a plane with a camera would get justa s much recon data. Very democratic.

With dancing Bananas and Storm Troopers who needs BBs?

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 572
RE: Allied airpower grows . - 9/28/2004 10:24:04 PM   
Capt. Harlock

quote:

Raver was just testing the defences (since he knows I've got a few divisions at Rangoon and a couple of inf units at Moulmein etc.) by sacrificing some chinese troops. They didn't get a whole lot of say in the way he needlessly sent them as sacrifices where a plane with a camera would get justa s much recon data. Very democratic.

On the other hand, he'll never run out of Chinese grunts, whereas photo-recon planes are probably scarce at this point. More, he also forces some of your troops to stay back and deal with his sacrificial lamb. (Is it worth it to trade victory points for time?)

Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 573
RE: Allied airpower grows . - 9/29/2004 1:54:13 AM   
Raverdave

Photo recon plans can't block supply lines.....................troops can. Stupid Bananananananana.

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

(in reply to Capt. Harlock)
Post #: 574
RE: Allied airpower grows . - 9/29/2004 6:01:16 AM   
ColFrost

quote:

ORIGINAL: Raverdave

Photo recon plans can't block supply lines.....................troops can. Stupid Bananananananana.

Sacrificed like lambs to the slaughter by the Allies. No wonder China went Commie. It's all Raver's fault!

...the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding go out and meet it.

-Thucydides

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 575
RE: Allied airpower grows . - 9/29/2004 9:24:20 AM   
Luskan

Well, both points are valid. No, Raver isn't likely to run out of chinese . . . ever, and yes, at this point Raver's got a fat point safety buffer that keeps him safe.

(in reply to ColFrost)
Post #: 576
RE: Allied airpower grows . - 10/1/2004 1:59:40 AM   
Raverdave

Still not seeing much action anywhere. Things are even slow in the DEI where Luskan seems content to take his time. Burma has about 60,000 jap troops who also seem happy to do little more than sit and wait.
All this is good news for me. The less pressure that I am under the more time I have to prepare, and let me tell you, I have been preparing like crazy! Noumea is now an one heck of an armed camp that is well able to take on anything that Luskan decides to hit it with. Morsby is in an even better situation..........I have been mining the place for the last two months and the fort level is now at 7. The airfield is able to operate large bombers and they have enough supplies to see them out for at least 3 months if they ever get cut off from Aussie.
All in all things are look good for the Allies.

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 577
Strategic look - 10/2/2004 8:51:52 AM   
Raverdave

Well as of the 15th of May 1942 this this the extent of Luskan's empire. As can be seen I have managed to (so far) keep him in check in Burma with along the Akyab/ Mandalay line. The real surprise is the lack of real interest he has shown in PNG. So far he has been happy to simply snatch a few DEI bases in the North west and that is about it.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 578
Losses - 10/2/2004 9:08:29 AM   
Raverdave

A look at the Intell screen shows some interesting facts. To date flak has been the biggest killer of Bananana planes, and while the Allies have lost over 170 ships the Bananana boats (thats a good joke Come Mr tally man tally my bananas) have 87 missing from their ranks. However it is in the area of troops that I have beem hit the hardest and I have the loss of the PI and Malaya to thank for that. Not much could have been done.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 579
RE: Losses - 10/3/2004 3:45:22 PM   
Luskan

nice pics but where is my turn?

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 580
RE: Losses - 10/4/2004 1:35:42 AM   
Raverdave

Looks like you have some Email problems. Did you get the turn that I posted late Sunday night?

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 581
RE: Losses - 10/5/2004 12:08:11 PM   
Luskan

Ah! Turn arrives and play resumes, with the japanese war machine advancing on every front. Good start.

For example, I blew an allied minelayer called the Krakatu (sp) or something to hell at akyab, and am advancing (after Raver's beaten/retreated units) in west in burma after that sacrificed chinese unit, north west in china after a few more sacrificed units (probably slow down when I hit the base with 20 starving chinese units that have been there, cut off from all supply since 41), advancing south across java without holdup and of course, stealing bases steadily south east from the tip of PNG down towards the solomons and Noumea (although I already have Rabaul so this isn't really much news).

The economy is looking good, and you can trust me when i say that since I'm the emperor of japan and don't need to run for election. Raver on the other hand is getting near election time and he's making promises and propoganda about the war's progress etc. etc.

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 582
RE: Losses - 10/5/2004 2:07:56 PM   
mogami

Hi, Just as general info. When you post a screen shot if you cut the area that you want to show rather then a shot of a lot of blue you save space and the thread will load faster.
After you use print screen and paste you then cut out the section you want and save as a new jpeg. It will be considerably smaller and load faster.
Threads with a lot of screen shots load real slow on dial up machines (like mine)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Mogami -- 10/5/2004 7:11:01 AM >

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 583
RE: Losses - 10/5/2004 2:37:25 PM   
Oliver Heindorf

oui mon general

< Message edited by Oliver Heindorf -- 10/5/2004 1:37:45 PM >

(in reply to mogami)
Post #: 584
RE: Losses - 10/5/2004 4:28:00 PM   
Raverdave

Yeah as someone whom also lives in the darkages (still on dial-up I take your point.

(in reply to mogami)
Post #: 585
RE: Losses - 10/6/2004 7:26:11 AM   
Raverdave

quote:

ORIGINAL: Luskan

Ah! Turn arrives and play resumes, with the japanese war machine advancing on every front. Good start.

For example, I blew an allied minelayer called the Krakatu (sp) or something to hell at akyab, and am advancing (after Raver's beaten/retreated units) in west in burma after that sacrificed chinese unit, north west in china after a few more sacrificed units (probably slow down when I hit the base with 20 starving chinese units that have been there, cut off from all supply since 41), advancing south across java without holdup and of course, stealing bases steadily south east from the tip of PNG down towards the solomons and Noumea (although I already have Rabaul so this isn't really much news).

The economy is looking good, and you can trust me when i say that since I'm the emperor of japan and don't need to run for election. Raver on the other hand is getting near election time and he's making promises and propoganda about the war's progress etc. etc.

The propoganda the spews out of Luskan's mouth is something to behold! Yes he did hit a ML at Akyab but he has failed to inform you all of the high cost in both jap bombers and fighters...............as the combat report listed below will prove. He is STILL bogged down in Burma and doubt that there is much that he can do there. He is STILL bogged down in China and indeed, is fighting nasty little battles with my recon units.

He STILL has made no major inroads in PNG.

Lies lies lies. His entire empire is built upon lies !
AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 05/16/42

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF, near Akyab at 30,29

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 14
G4M1 Betty x 20

Allied aircraft
Hurricane II x 20

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 2 destroyed
G4M1 Betty: 6 destroyed, 2 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Hurricane II: 5 destroyed, 2 damaged

Allied Ships
ML Krakatau, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
1 x G4M1 Betty launching torpedoes at 200 feet
4 x G4M1 Betty launching torpedoes at 200 feet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at 45,24

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 46854 troops, 536 guns, 7 vehicles

Defending force 935 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 2058 to 1

Japanese ground losses:
46 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Allied ground losses:
136 casualties reported

Defeated Allied Units Retreating!

Ground combat at 19,60

Attacking force 45381 troops, 559 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 1544 troops, 4 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 2026 to 1

Japanese ground losses:
35 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Allied ground losses:
131 casualties reported
Guns lost 4

Ground combat at 31,32

Attacking force 6753 troops, 0 guns, 445 vehicles

Defending force 1332 troops, 8 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 850 to 1

Japanese ground losses:
7 casualties reported
Vehicles lost 1

Allied ground losses:
217 casualties reported
Guns lost 5

Ground combat at Noemfoor

Attacking force 832 troops, 7 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 0 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 25 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Noemfoor base !!!

< Message edited by Raverdave -- 10/6/2004 2:38:34 PM >

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 586
RE: Losses - 10/6/2004 1:26:32 PM   
wobbly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Raverdave

Day Air attack on TF, near Akyab at 30,29

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 14
G4M1 Betty x 20

Allied aircraft
Hurricane II x 20

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 2 destroyed
G4M1 Betty: 6 destroyed, 2 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Hurricane II: 5 destroyed, 2 damaged

Allied Ships
ML Krakatau, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:

Oh yee gods - what I would give to have Hurricanes that can shoot like those - where did you find them - e-bay?

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 587
RE: Losses - 10/6/2004 3:05:20 PM   
Raverdave

Lots of practice against stupid jap bombers

(in reply to wobbly)
Post #: 588
RE: Losses - 10/7/2004 8:12:07 AM   
Raverdave

Well I have just had a big "whoops" moment in my game. I did have a TF of 30 TKs heading back to SF to load fuel sailing about 20 hexes southeast of Hawaii, when I failed to notice that they were somewhat low on fuel after their run to Australia. It is now going to be a long slow dogleg to Pearl to bunker them. Such a big game, I guess I was bound to miss something sooner or later.

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 589
RE: Losses - 10/7/2004 8:33:46 AM   
Raverdave

New plans are afoot for Burma. I have moved some forces that should within the next two weeks start to take a heavy toll on the Jap forces in the area.

I have decided to delay an offensive that I had planned in China for at least the next 6 to 12 months due to the slow reinforcement rate. Had the units been ready I could have made a great exploitation of a hole that I have been watching in Japan's lines. Oh well there is always 1943.

I have the first of my BBs damaged at Pearl coming out of dry dock this week. At this rate I should be getting at least one per month, which will free up the ship yards a lot. This is good news as there are a lot of ships now falling due for upgrades.

The biggest whole that I still have is in AP shipping. I have no where near the tonnage that is currently required to move all of my LCUs and I am still having to rely on AKs which are a poor stop-gap.

The war has now be running for just over six months and there has been a marked decline in the IJN tempo. The Japs now seem happy to simply make small unit grabs for god-forsaken jungle bases that even the local natives don't really want. There are still no signs of any large scale moves towards PNG which has my high command somewhat puzzled. I now have enough first class units based there that Luskan would have to mount an invasion simular in size to that of Malaya. And all that under a heavy cloud of Allied LRB. I'll have to mull this out some more to try and figure out what Banananana boy is upto.

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 590
RE: Losses - 10/7/2004 12:09:08 PM   
Luskan

Lying allied pilots. I lost 2 betties in that raid over akyab. No biggie.

As for Burma, well if Raver had moved before I realised Java was empty, then he would have made a dent. As it is now . . . well he doesn't have the resources on the OOB to challenge my offensive in Burma.

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 591
RE: Losses - 10/7/2004 1:07:23 PM   
Luskan

Argh, lost 22 (not 55 as the combat report says - allied pilots shoot down 55 out of 27 betties . . .) betties over png.

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 592
Japs blown from the sky ! - 10/7/2004 2:55:56 PM   
Raverdave

*Hisss* "And good evening Australia, this Mike Edwards reporting to you from Port Moresby for the ABC radio. Well today was a *Hissss Pop crackle* day for our chaps in the air. The Jap came in over the Owen Stanley ranges in what *ZZzooooooooOOOOO* the airforce chaps are calling the biggest raid yet, and their target was *crackle* ships in the Moresby harbour. But what the nips didn't count on was our wonderful chaps in their Kittyhawks who *ooooooOOOOOO POP* to meet them and put on a wonderful show for the troops on the ground digging trenches here in Moresby". *Crackle Hiss POP* It was much like being at the G on boxing day with the crowd roaring as one nip after another was clean bowled. *Crackle crackle*.

"Not to be out done our stirling allies the yanks also sent up some of their Warhawks to join *Hissssssss* and also had a wonderful time really mixing it up with the jap." "The sky was black with oily smoke from all of the *zzzztzzzzzzztttzzzzzzz* and I lost count at 25 but all of the boys are saying that as many as 40 *pop* ips were brought down. Well I can tell you that those little yellow will not be in a hurry to mix it up with our chaps again soon. "

"This is Mike *POP*ards signing off from Port Moresby" *Hisssssssssss Crackle*

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 05/18/42

Day Air attack on 26th Division, at 45,24

Allied aircraft
I-16c x 24
SB-2c x 16

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
16 casualties reported
Vehicles lost 1

Aircraft Attacking:
21 x I-16c bombing at 2000 feet
4 x SB-2c bombing at 6000 feet
6 x SB-2c bombing at 6000 feet
3 x SB-2c bombing at 6000 feet
3 x I-16c bombing at 2000 feet
Day Air attack on TF, near Port Moresby at 53,91

Japanese aircraft
G4M1 Betty x 47

Allied aircraft
Kittyhawk I x 13
P-40E Warhawk x 7

Japanese aircraft losses
G4M1 Betty: 35 destroyed, 22 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
P-40E Warhawk: 1 damaged

Allied Ships
CL Achilles, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage MISSEDCL Leander, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage And also missed
CA Pensacola, Torpedo hits 2, on fire She is hurt but will make it back to Oz
Aircraft Attacking:
3 x G4M1 Betty launching torpedoes at 200 feet
2 x G4M1 Betty launching torpedoes at 200 feet

Ground combat at 30,33

Attacking force 4364 troops, 0 guns, 286 vehicles

Defending force 535 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 454 to 1

Allied ground losses:
190 casualties reported

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 593
Situation in Burma - 10/7/2004 10:01:46 PM   
Capt. Harlock

quote:

As for Burma, well if Raver had moved before I realised Java was empty, then he would have made a dent. As it is now . . . well he doesn't have the resources on the OOB to challenge my offensive in Burma.

Hmm. Either Luskan or Raver is lying/mistaken about the forces in Burma, since Raver proclaimed sometime back that Luskan had "well and truly lost his chance." BTW, when does Monsoon season start in WITP?

Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 594
RE: Situation in Burma - 10/8/2004 1:52:23 AM   
Raverdave

Nope what I said is correct. If Luskan had made a fast move in Burma in Dec/Jan/Feb I would have been caught out big time. I didn't have troops or supplies in place in the numbers needed to hold him. If Luskan had made a fast and hard move during those important three months he would now be sitting in New Deli, as things now stand I do have the troops and also the airpower to really give him a good slapping if he decides to make his move north. Despite what banananana boy says, I have never been nor will I be in a position to launch an offensive in Burma for at least 12 months. I just don't have the man power and a lot of the troops that I do have currently on the front lines are only good enough for defensive ops as they are now becoming weak with all the nasties that the jungle tends to throw at you.

IIRC there is no Monsoon season in Witp........mores the pity.

(in reply to Capt. Harlock)
Post #: 595
RE: Situation in Burma - 10/8/2004 11:50:29 AM   
Luskan

I have the firepower ther to go on the offensive. I'm certain that it would be bloody, but I could get across the river push Raver back from Mandalay. After that he'd have to withdraw or reinforce from China.

Unfortunately my question is one of supply and economy. I brought all my fighting units up to full strength (in troops and equipment) after the great malayan and P.I. campaigns, and they've been 100% for a while, and so I'm building a nice little reserve for when I start loosing them again. I don't want to waste that reserve on Burma in 1942 if I'm really going to need it in the pacific in early 43, or in china etc.

The same reasoning goes for my supply situation. Lots of raw materials and supply around, but I'm aware that every turn Raver counts his b17s one by one. Twice. I have a nice reserve stockpile. Unfortunately with supply, it can evapourate very very quickly when in demand. I have to have YEARS of supply on hand in some places to see my troops through the bombings and closing of sea lanes to come.

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 596
Massed bombing raid - 10/9/2004 6:26:59 AM   
Raverdave

In what the RAF are calling the largest bombing raid to date..........67 Wellingtons escorted by 67 Tomahawks of the AVG hit the docks at Rangoon causing major damage to the port and scoring three bomb hits on the CA Takao. In savage air to air dogfights some 20 Zeros were claimed shot down, but this was later revised down to 8 for the loss of 11 allied fighters (against Japanese claims of 37).
All bombers returned safely.

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 05/19/42

Day Air attack on Rangoon , at 29,34

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 15

Allied aircraft
Wellington III x 67
P-40B Tomahawk x 67

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 20 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
Wellington III: 4 damaged
P-40B Tomahawk: 36 destroyed, 3 damaged

Japanese Ships
CA Takao, Bomb hits 3

Japanese ground losses:
134 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Port hits 2
Port fuel hits 4
Port supply hits 2

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x Wellington III bombing at 6000 feet
4 x Wellington III bombing at 6000 feet
3 x Wellington III bombing at 6000 feet
2 x Wellington III bombing at 6000 feet
Day Air attack on 14th Field Artillery Regiment, at 45,25

Allied aircraft
I-16c x 3
SB-2c x 13

Allied aircraft losses
I-16c: 2 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
28 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x I-16c bombing at 2000 feet
Day Air attack on 12th AA Regiment, at 45,25

Allied aircraft
I-16c x 21
SB-2c x 8

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
11 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Aircraft Attacking:
21 x I-16c bombing at 2000 feet
Day Air attack on 14th Tank Regiment, at 32,31

Allied aircraft
Hurricane II x 16

No Allied losses

Aircraft Attacking:
16 x Hurricane II bombing at 2000 feet
TF 22 troops unloading over beach at Biak, 46,77

Japanese ground losses:
110 casualties reported

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 597
RE: Massed bombing raid - 10/9/2004 7:23:41 AM   
Luskan

I wasn't so happy with 11 enemy planes shot down for 8 zeros. Was a target rich environs that my pilots failed to exploit.

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 598
RE: Massed bombing raid - 10/9/2004 12:11:09 PM   
Raverdave

And just for the fun of it I decided to hit the same target the following day.............the results are very very inflated for both sides, but I now have a new AVG ace!

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 05/20/42

TF 22 troops unloading over beach at Biak, 46,77

Japanese ground losses:
12 casualties reported

ASW attack at 54,47

Japanese Ships
MSW Seki Maru #3
MSW Hagoromo Maru

Allied Ships
SS Tautog

Sub attack at 24,39

Japanese Ships
AK Hakonesan Maru
AK Onoe Maru
PC Takunan Maru #10

Allied Ships
SS Swordfish

Day Air attack on Rangoon , at 29,34

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 18

Allied aircraft
Wellington III x 60
P-40B Tomahawk x 59

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 23 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
Wellington III: 2 destroyed, 17 damaged
P-40B Tomahawk: 20 destroyed, 1 damaged

Japanese Ships
CA Takao, Bomb hits 2 Again !
PG Kyo Maru #10, Bomb hits 1, on fire, heavy damage

Japanese ground losses:
198 casualties reported
Guns lost 2

Port hits 4
Port supply hits 4

Aircraft Attacking:
7 x Wellington III bombing at 6000 feet
8 x Wellington III bombing at 6000 feet
2 x Wellington III bombing at 6000 feet

Ground combat at Bandoeng

Attacking force 52719 troops, 584 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 1012 troops, 1 guns, 1 vehicles

Japanese engineers reduce fortifications to 1

Japanese assault odds: 2661 to 1 (fort level 1)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Bandoeng base !!!

Allied ground losses:
148 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 599
RE: Massed bombing raid - 10/10/2004 5:40:21 AM   
Capt. Harlock

Very interesting raid! I imagine the Takao will shortly be steaming for healthier climes.... Raver, can you tell us why you chose 6000 feet as the bombing altitude for both strikes?

--Victor Hugo

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 600
Page:   <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Allied airpower grows . Page: <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI