Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Possible 7.0 lockup problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Possible 7.0 lockup problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Possible 7.0 lockup problem - 12/13/2001 10:58:00 PM   
Panzer Commander

I just upgraded to 7.0 and had a long campaign in progress. I figured I would try to play it out or if it got too weird with any OOB issues just start over. I noticed that after if you save the game after the battle results screen and then exit the campaign and then try to restart the campaign the game freezes on the movie introduction screen where the CONTINUE button resides. I know this has worked before.

Panzer Commander
Post #: 1
- 12/13/2001 11:24:00 PM   
lnp4668

May wants to delete the steel.prf file. It may have beens corrupted. Patch 6.1 automatically deleted the steel.prf and overwrite it with a new one. Not sure if this is done with 7.0 (still haven't upgrade until all my opponents decided to upgrade.)

"My friends, remember this, that there are no bad herbs, and no bad men; there are only bad cultivators." Les Miserables

(in reply to Panzer Commander)
Post #: 2
- 12/14/2001 1:28:00 AM   
Larry Holt

quote:

Originally posted by Panzer Commander:
I noticed that after if you save the game after the battle results screen and then exit the campaign and then try to restart the campaign the game freezes on the movie introduction screen where the CONTINUE button resides. I know this has worked before.

I am not sure that this worked before. I previously reported that if I save after the battle result screen then exit and try and resume from that save, the game locks up. Is this what you meant? To avoid this I save at the end of the game but not after the results screen. That way I can go back and resume the campaign.

Never take counsel of your fears.

Post #: 3
- 12/14/2001 2:08:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

I thought we fixed that...but maybe it needs a fresh start under 7.o to work. We do say continue existing games at your own risk...sometimes they work, sometimes not.

Post #: 4
- 12/14/2001 2:53:00 AM   
panda124c

I have had a simular problem. I save a game twice one at the end of the game in one file and then every turn in another file. So when I finish a game I have the last turn of the game and the end of the game which goes to the buy screen for the next game. The problem I had was with the end of game save it would lock at the movie screen when I hit the Contiue button. But if I ran the last turn and then saved it appear to work ok. I did this with three or four games (WWII Campain). I hope this is of some help.

Post #: 5
- 12/14/2001 5:12:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Is this with a game started under v7, or continuing an old one pbear?

Post #: 6
- 12/14/2001 9:08:00 AM   
McGib

I have encountered this also. So far only after the battle results screen, everything else loads up fine.
BTW mine are campaigns started under V.7

Ready Aye Ready

Post #: 7
- 12/14/2001 10:02:00 AM   
Supervisor

I'm getting this as well, trying to continue a saved game under 6.1.
Any work around around this?
Thanx!!

quote:

Originally posted by Panzer Commander:
I just upgraded to 7.0 and had a long campaign in progress. I figured I would try to play it out or if it got too weird with any OOB issues just start over. I noticed that after if you save the game after the battle results screen and then exit the campaign and then try to restart the campaign the game freezes on the movie introduction screen where the CONTINUE button resides. I know this has worked before.

Post #: 8
- 12/14/2001 7:26:00 PM   
panda124c

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber:
Is this with a game started under v7, or continuing an old one pbear?

These were old games started under 6.1

Post #: 9
- 12/14/2001 10:00:00 PM   
skukko

IIRC IMHO !! :: I was afraid of saving battles in campaigns Before I was in battle again while playing SP -series. IIRC games hanged if saving in the middle of the Campaign engines works; IE after battle result/ exp. and units upgrade. Thats why I saved in last turn or continued into next battles first turn... And this is possible reason why I have not seen this behavior. mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

Post #: 10
- 12/15/2001 11:56:00 PM   
rexmonday

same problem here - started a new world war II long campaign (UK in east Asia), fought two battles and now am unable to load in the second save properly - the machine just locks up. This is on a fresh install - version 4 complete and then all other successive patches. [ December 15, 2001: Message edited by: rexmonday ] [ December 15, 2001: Message edited by: rexmonday ]

Post #: 11
- 12/16/2001 12:06:00 AM   
McGib

I'm having the same problem with a V.7 campaign, the only save that wont load is the one after the battle results screen.
And despite what skukko has said I have never encountered this problem before despite having three saves per game, one just after deploying, one during the battle, and again just after the battle results screen.

Ready Aye Ready

Post #: 12
- 12/16/2001 11:31:00 AM   
Larry Holt

I do not have this problem anymore. On a new disk, I did an install from my MCNA disc, then patched it up to the new 7.0. Games started in this manner (there are no old games after my disc crash )can be saved at the end of battle screen then restarted from there.

Never take counsel of your fears.

Post #: 13
- 12/16/2001 8:14:00 PM   
rexmonday

I tried zapping the steel.prf file, but that made no difference. The WWII Long campaign save still locks up when you hit the 'continue' button.

Post #: 14
- 12/18/2001 8:28:00 PM   
panda124c

quote:

Originally posted by pbear:

These were old games started under 6.1

Paul, I reinstalled SPWaW from 5.1 CD then upgraded (restarting each time and deleting the steel file) all the way to 7.0, then I updated the sounds, and the problem presist. I started a new WWII Campain. And still have the same problem where, when I load an end of game save file it locks up at the continue screen, but loading games in progress works fine (all the games are WWII Campain games). Has anyone come up with a suggestion to correct this, it appears that only a few people are experiencing this problem. I'm hopeing that the new CD will fix it. Thanks, you guys are doing a great job.

Post #: 15
- 12/18/2001 9:58:00 PM   
timc

Paul: I have this problem every time with games saved after the results screen (in the WWII campaign). This is with the ver 7.0 patch applied to ver 6.1, all saved games and steel.prf deleted, campaign begun after ver 7.0 patch.
I can convert the saved game to a scenario, open it in the editor, save it in the editor, convert it to a save, and then load it as a saved game. I can't just load the saved game. This probelm only happens with games saved after the results screen.
I sent you (maybe) a set of corrupt(?) saved game files in an email. I hope they help.

Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Possible 7.0 lockup problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI