Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to start an Online Mode Campaign ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> How to start an Online Mode Campaign ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to start an Online Mode Campaign ? - 12/17/2001 3:14:00 PM   
panzer4

Anyone knows how to start a Campaign in Online Mode with version 7 ? Please help. Ciao

Post #: 1
- 12/18/2001 1:37:00 PM   
heintz28

ditto... How does it work...
anyone try it yet? thanks

(in reply to panzer4)
Post #: 2
- 12/20/2001 11:29:00 PM   
Don Doom

quote:

Originally posted by panzer4:
Anyone knows how to start a Campaign in Online Mode with version 7 ? Please help. Ciao

3. In campaigns, the computer opponent now receives purchase points only for the support forces actually purchased by the player, as opposed to the points made available to the player for support force purchasing. So, purchasing fewer support forces will now reduce the points available to the computer opponent. 4. Two player hot seat and play by email capability has been added to the Long WWII Campaign. Player number one is prompted to select the player type for player two, human or computer, each time the game is loaded. By selecting human for player two, the game becomes a two player game and each player is shown a save screen at the end of each turn. Simply save and send the files, stored in the save directory, to the other player. Player two, when played by a human, allows the player to purchase and deploy forces. Not designed for league play, the two player campaign is not secure. 5. Two player TCP/IP play capability has also been added for the Long WWII Campaign. 6. Two player hot seat and play by email capability has been added to the User Defined Campaigns (such as the ones released by Matrix Games or created by end users, using the campaign editor). Player number one is prompted to select the player type for player two, human or computer, each time the game is loaded. By selecting human for player two, the game becomes a two player game and each player is shown a save screen at the end of each turn. Simply save and send the files, stored in the save directory, to the other player. Player two, when played by a human, is not allowed to purchase or deploy forces, this having already been done by the campaign scenario author. Not designed for league play, the two player campaign is not secure. 7. Two player TCP/IP play capability has also been added for the User Defined Campaigns. 8. Two player hot seat and play by email capability has been added to the Mega Campaigns. Player number one is prompted to select the player type for player two, human or computer, each time the game is loaded. By selecting human for player two, the game becomes a two player game and each player is shown a save screen at the end of each turn. Simply save and send the files, stored in the Mega Campaign save directory, to the other player. Neither player one or player two, when played by a human, are not allowed to purchase or deploy forces, this having already been done by the campaign scenario author. Not designed for league play, the two player campaign is not secure. This is per the FAQ page on the SPWAW page.

Doom
Vet of the Russian General Winter
For death is only the begining

(in reply to panzer4)
Post #: 3
- 12/21/2001 7:49:00 PM   
panzer4

Thanks Doom.
I know the FAQ part you added; I've read and tried to apply it many times.
Perhaps it works if you use PBEM mode, sending the save files every turn.
What I would like to do is use the Online Play mode over the LAN. We tested the procedure, firstly creating the core units and support units for player 1, copying the files to the other PC over the LAN, buying only support units for player 2, copying back the save files, making the setup for player 1, recopying the files, making setup for player two, recopying the files and finally starting the Online mode from the saved files. All worked OK except that at the end of the first scenario of the campaign there was no way to access the Fix/Upgrade session and continue the campaign with another scenario. I'm still waiting for an official answer from the Matrix support team. Thanks anyway.
Panzer4

(in reply to panzer4)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> How to start an Online Mode Campaign ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI