Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Immobilized vehicle towing?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Immobilized vehicle towing? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Immobilized vehicle towing? - 6/21/2004 3:25:05 PM   
Riekko

Is there a way to tow immobilized vehicles in SPWAW?
It is so annoying when your tank breaks down in the battlefield and only thing you can do is to wait to get blown up.
Post #: 1
RE: Immobilized vehicle towing? - 6/21/2004 3:45:29 PM   
Resisti

Towing an immob.vehicle is actually beyond the scope of the game, as it was very unlike to have a towing vehicle trying to move away an immob.one, in the heat of the battle.

Anyway, just for the designers' pleasure, Spwaw 8.2 will introduce some sort of towing vehicles, keeping in mind what above, and that the game was not originally designed to have such vehicles, so the OOB Team had to work within some game engine limitations..

Federico "Resisti" Doveri

(in reply to Riekko)
Post #: 2
RE: Immobilized vehicle towing? - 6/21/2004 4:06:24 PM   
Toivo

One option would always be to bail out crew - maybe they are lucky enough and can get away when you provide covering fire or protect their escape route with smoke.

Later when this sector of battlefield is more quiet you can return with crew and get back in vechile. F9 is hotkey to bail crew out, to get crew back in they must have no supression and stay in same hex with vechile for one turn so they can mount it again and ready engine (if it's not broken!).

Ofcourse there are chances crew doesn't make it or enemy will go to same hex with abandoned vechile and destroy it but it's better than to have vechile killed for sure (certainly happens to TDs and assault guns with no turning turret).

Hope this helps!

(in reply to Resisti)
Post #: 3
RE: Immobilized vehicle towing? - 6/21/2004 4:20:22 PM   
Riekko

quote:

One option would always be to bail out crew - maybe they are lucky enough and can get away when you provide covering fire or protect their escape route with smoke.

Later when this sector of battlefield is more quiet you can return with crew and get back in vechile. F9 is hotkey to bail crew out, to get crew back in they must have no supression and stay in same hex with vechile for one turn so they can mount it again and ready engine (if it's not broken!).

Hope this helps!

This surely helps. Thanks Toivo.

(in reply to Toivo)
Post #: 4
RE: Immobilized vehicle towing? - 6/21/2004 10:25:52 PM   
VikingNo2

The answer to your question is no, with one exception the YAG-6 heavy truck the Russians own, it can load a tank and transport it However the tank will still be immoblized when its dropped off

(in reply to Riekko)
Post #: 5
RE: Immobilized vehicle towing? - 6/21/2004 10:38:01 PM   
Poopyhead

I believe that the Russians have a truck that can load about anything, even tanks. You could edit the truck into your nation's equipment list, or just access the Russian list from the "Nation" file if you chose one of the allies.

Oops, Viking beat me to it. Also, it's the "9" key for bailing out.

< Message edited by Poopyhead -- 6/22/2004 2:15:00 PM >

(in reply to Riekko)
Post #: 6
RE: Immobilized vehicle towing? - 6/22/2004 1:07:27 AM   
rbrunsman

By the way, it is NOT the F9 key that makes you crew bail out. F9 is the surrender button.

Toivo meant to say the 9 key is used to bail a crew.

rb

Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom

(in reply to Poopyhead)
Post #: 7
RE: Immobilized vehicle towing? - 6/22/2004 10:42:12 AM   
Riekko

quote:

ORIGINAL: VikingNo2

The answer to your question is no, with one exception the YAG-6 heavy truck the Russians own, it can load a tank and transport it However the tank will still be immoblized when its dropped off

Does this gimmick solve the problem with stuck vehicles (for example: Jeep is stuck in the ditch and i pick it up with truck and move it to another hex) or will vehicle still be immobilized?

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 8
RE: Immobilized vehicle towing? - 6/22/2004 11:52:48 AM   
Marek Tucan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Riekko

quote:

Does this gimmick solve the problem with stuck vehicles (for example: Jeep is stuck in the ditch and i pick it up with truck and move it to another hex) or will vehicle still be immobilized?

It will stillbe immobilized. However, it would be nice if the stuck vehicles coud be recovered, after all all present military hardware is built to make to recover itself from mud if needed.
But dunno if it is in game engine capabilities.

Tuccy

(in reply to Riekko)
Post #: 9
RE: Immobilized vehicle towing? - 6/22/2004 7:57:42 PM   
Resisti

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marek Tucan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Riekko

quote:

It will stillbe immobilized. However, it would be nice if the stuck vehicles coud be recovered, after all all present military hardware is built to make to recover itself from mud if needed.
But dunno if it is in game engine capabilities.

Stuck vehicles(due to terrain, n ot battle damages, I mean) can be back to fully operational status during a battle, from time to time in Spwaw.

Federico "Resisti" Doveri

(in reply to Marek Tucan)
Post #: 10
RE: Immobilized vehicle towing? - 6/23/2004 7:53:31 AM   
rbrunsman

I've had two US tanks that were immobilized by battle damage repair themselves and rejoin the battle. It is very rare so I wouldn't count on it, but if your vehicle isn't in any immediate danger, it is worth letting the crew sit in the vehicle and try to repair it.

The US and German crews are pretty good about repairing non-battle damage immobilizations, so if I were fighting against these countries I would NOT count on the vehicle being immobilized the whole battle. Kill those immobilized units as fast as you can, or at least suppressed so they are less likely to get repaired.

rb

Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom

(in reply to Resisti)
Post #: 11
RE: Immobilized vehicle towing? - 6/24/2004 1:36:45 PM   
Toivo

Yes it's usually 9 key but when you play with me you can press F9

(in reply to rbrunsman)
Post #: 12
RE: Immobilized vehicle towing? - 6/24/2004 7:08:59 PM   
Marek Tucan

Ah, so the auto-recovery works? I have only SPWAW 2.0, where it isn't AFAIK, my bad

Tuccy

(in reply to Toivo)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Immobilized vehicle towing? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI